Ren'Py Perfect Pitch [v0.7] [soundsommelier]

4.30 star(s) 7 Votes

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Perfect Pitch [v0.7] [soundsommelier] crunched

Info:
This game is already heavily compressed so I couldn't reduce the filesize as much as usual,
although I reduced the quality more than usual. You have been warned!

Original / Compressed Size PC*: 1,79 GB / 999 MB - PerfectPitch-0.7-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 1,77 GB / 984 MB - PerfectPitch-0.7-mac-crunched.zip
= ~55,8% of the original size, image/video quality 60%(png 80+%)/60%

Download (PC*/Mac): - -

(y) My compressious likeses! (y) Give them to us you filthy little pervertses! :p

This compression is unofficial and untested, use it at your own risk.
The compressing process reduces the quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

derekthered56

May 30, 2018
Really nice that Kaylin finally got called out on her shit. Miles spent way too long walking on eggshells for her approval.

ArhraCole

Apr 24, 2020
Kind of plot honestly. The premise is you're partially there to help all of them. Though maybe by the very end, which we have not reached yet, you might be able to focus on one in particular but we haven't see that yet. So the easy answer currently is the plot unless you want to skip a lot of content and only go for one in particular and ignore everything else. Though I don't know if that would trigger all the main story events or not.

ryansFLYIN

Sep 19, 2022
Kind of plot honestly. The premise is you're partially there to help all of them. Though maybe by the very end, which we have not reached yet, you might be able to focus on one in particular but we haven't see that yet. So the easy answer currently is the plot unless you want to skip a lot of content and only go for one in particular and ignore everything else. Though I don't know if that would trigger all the main story events or not.
More so just looking to avoid Kaylyn and pursue everyone else... well, still on the fence about Willow.

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
your work was not working :poop:
Well, at least you used words, I'll give you that, but otherwise your comment is just as helpful as pim0's!

My work was and is working fine for me and many others and unless you provide me some details on the issues you are encountering there is nothing I can do for you!

So if the latest compressed version (since I won't waste my time fixing an outdated version) doesn't work for you, give me some details (OS, traceback/bug report, etc.) or keep your comments to yourself!

Last edited:
Reactions: ArhraCole

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.7

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR or even MEGA

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.
Size 1.21 GiW
Mega
PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Size 1.21 GiW

Come find me on Discord:
Updated my android port.

Noxilian

Aug 11, 2022
Surprised the game has no Discord and is completely un-monetized (doesn't even seem to be an option enabled to "donate" on Itch.io, like there is for most games). Purely a personal hobby/passion project I guess. Would be nice to have a place to report bugs/typos that's not the Itch.io comments section though.

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021

Hey there, good to hear from you again! And nope, the new release
is not even close to close. The good news is that what progress
has been made has me more excited about the story than any
other release. Things feel sharper, smoother, with what feels to
me like the biggest jump in production value of any update. It's like
putting on glasses.

I do mention this in the " " devlog, but this game
won't see another release until 2024, and I'll go ahead and tell you
now that it won't be coming out in January.

Still, it has been a little while since I've posted, so I'll include a
contextless render from the upcoming release:
xeUtBs.png

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Lerd0 and ArhraCole

Jekzue

Jun 10, 2017
Not sure if I ever commented on this, but I enjoyed the game. The characters are well defined and interesting. Personally my favorite is the side character Elaine, then Lily and Alexis, so I'm hoping to see more of them. There were definitely some bugs here and there (forgot to record them). Might replay this next update and if I do, I'll make a note to record all the bugs I run into.

Reactions: ArhraCole and Lerd0

K.T.L.

Keeping Families Together
Donor
Mar 5, 2019
Looks like a fun game/VN but there's something odd about the UI. Whenever I click anywhere on a save screen (a save slot, a page number, empty space) it drops back to the game screen which can't be interacted with till ESC is pressed. Sometimes it saves if the mouse is over a save slot, sometimes it doesn't.

manjak8

Jun 27, 2019
havent played this yet, as a Lil fan, i hope this is not just another bad clone, my expectations are low, will comment again after playing,

so after 2-3 hours of playing what I see at the moment; we take lil, then we take out of it all the plot, so it becomes just the teacher teaching stuff, change stuff to music, logic- wise we are in strange place, there is nothing paranormal going on to explain why everyone likes guy so much, writing quality higher than average when it comes to this site, but still nothing to write about ;), dialogues and events often feel forced (first sexual scene in shower felt extremely strange), so far none of characters picked my interest, from the positive things: nice UI , good music ( still miles away from stuff like out of touch or lil, but its ok), will play more , and update comment later.
ah, forgot to mention, models could use a bit more work, its hard to differentiate some characters, Alexis so far seems to be the best character, at least i remembered her name

Last edited:

ArhraCole

Apr 24, 2020
So, this is not going to be getting an update in the near future. (Or at the very least it's exceedingly unlikely to be updated in the near future.) Found the following in an updated post about the state of the 0.8 update from January on the game's Itch page and cut to the relevant part of the post update:

--- Updated: 2 January 2024---

Hello and a very happy new year.

Given the unusually lengthy development timeframe of the next release, I thought that some additional news and signs of life for Perfect Pitch might be welcome this time of year. It also serves as a convenient opportunity for me to continue managing expectations.

So, how's the update coming along? In short, it's going very well. The amount of content completed in the period of time since July 2023 when this dev log was first published is substantial. Faster than any other release by a per-event measurement. Even so, the number, average length, and complexity of those events in v0.8 dwarfs those which came before it.

Here is a concrete example to put the difference into perspective without needing to resort to spoilers:

V0.4 featured Lily in a main event series within the Niedermeyer house. This update to the main event series came at a cost of about 50 megabytes of data. And on average, a new release of Perfect Pitch comes out to around 100 - 150mb of new data.

As it stands today, the V0.8 release, which will also be a continuation of the main event series, comprises about 1.5 gigabytes of new data. I expect this number to either double or triple by the time the next update goes live.

Those who have been around for a while know that I am not in the business of offering specific dates and timelines for releases. That's still true. However, I do want to be clear that, for all the great work done so far, the next release is still miles away.

"Not Dead; Just Busy"— I chose the title of this log carefully. It has always been my personal policy to communicate frankly and transparently, without pigeonholing myself into release windows or offering meaningful spoilers. That remains my policy.

So, with that in mind, go ahead and count out this spring, summer, and probably fall, too. I won't even go as far as to promise a 2024 release. There's simply too much work remaining for the update to come out any sooner. I'm proud of what I've completed thus far, and I wouldn't have it in me to do a rush job on the rest of it.

Hopefully this addendum offers some assurance that this project is very much alive, well, and being treated with the utmost care. As a player myself, I wish that more authors would adopt that mindset.

In the meantime, here are a few randomly selected renders from the upcoming release. Here's to a year of steady and quality development.

• Sad
Reactions: Lerd0 and Minheer

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
So, this is not going to be getting an update in the near future. (Or at the very least it's exceedingly unlikely to be updated in the near future.) Found the following in an updated post about the state of the 0.8 update from January on the game's Itch page and cut to the relevant part of the post update:

--- Updated: 2 January 2024---

Hello and a very happy new year.

Given the unusually lengthy development timeframe of the next release, I thought that some additional news and signs of life for Perfect Pitch might be welcome this time of year. It also serves as a convenient opportunity for me to continue managing expectations.

So, how's the update coming along? In short, it's going very well. The amount of content completed in the period of time since July 2023 when this dev log was first published is substantial. Faster than any other release by a per-event measurement. Even so, the number, average length, and complexity of those events in v0.8 dwarfs those which came before it.

Here is a concrete example to put the difference into perspective without needing to resort to spoilers:

V0.4 featured Lily in a main event series within the Niedermeyer house. This update to the main event series came at a cost of about 50 megabytes of data. And on average, a new release of Perfect Pitch comes out to around 100 - 150mb of new data.

As it stands today, the V0.8 release, which will also be a continuation of the main event series, comprises about 1.5 gigabytes of new data. I expect this number to either double or triple by the time the next update goes live.

Those who have been around for a while know that I am not in the business of offering specific dates and timelines for releases. That's still true. However, I do want to be clear that, for all the great work done so far, the next release is still miles away.

"Not Dead; Just Busy"— I chose the title of this log carefully. It has always been my personal policy to communicate frankly and transparently, without pigeonholing myself into release windows or offering meaningful spoilers. That remains my policy.

So, with that in mind, go ahead and count out this spring, summer, and probably fall, too. I won't even go as far as to promise a 2024 release. There's simply too much work remaining for the update to come out any sooner. I'm proud of what I've completed thus far, and I wouldn't have it in me to do a rush job on the rest of it.

Hopefully this addendum offers some assurance that this project is very much alive, well, and being treated with the utmost care. As a player myself, I wish that more authors would adopt that mindset.

In the meantime, here are a few randomly selected renders from the upcoming release. Here's to a year of steady and quality development.
1709823471690.png

• Red Heart

chronox42

May 1, 2020
At least we can look forward to the work tripling or even quadrupling in size in one shot.

This VN is totally unique and the renders in the devlog look like we'll be getting more of that. Appears that the much-vaunted marching band performance will be a central focus.

I'm excited to see what he's putting together; I think it'll be more than worth the wait.

4.30 star(s) 7 Votes