Unreal Engine - Personal Study [v0.08] [ArcaneSpoon77]

1. 5.00 star(s)

zyfmage

The quality and polish of this game completely surprised me - the animation work and design of the levels and puzzles really blew me away. A fun little game in its own right with gorgeous protag and animations to boot. The controls feel very fluid and all the mechanics in the game work very well - I have absolutely no complaints.

10/10 and I immediately went and bought the game on steam to support the gem of a dev that made this.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

kiDRetadoR

This review is directed towards [v0.08] which is the last version posted on the site.

What can I say about this game... it is honestly amazing, in every aspect.

Starting from the story, we currently don't really have too much of it besides the introduction but the little bits that we have are simply incredible. Very well written, down to the earth, doesn't overstay it's welcome. It goes straight to the point with a girl who is interested in certain topics that aren't exactly thought in it's school anymore and records of it have "seemingly" banished.. except for one little book which gave hints about a possible bigger picture.

Why did this project get cancelled? We don't really know yet, but there's a lot more than meets the eye to this university.

Sound effects were also pretty good, nothing really exaggerated.. down to the grown sound effects for the sexual scenes too, sometimes the ambience event felt creepy.. like you expect something to jump at you from nowhere

Speaking of sexual scenes, I loved them. So far, very unique characters, even if we only have four of them counting the protagonist.. each of them pretty different

Sebastian (he and the main character need to make up!) which is our resident Imp whom you find as soon as you get to the place where they were experimenting with Infernal Essence.. he helps you out gather information about the place, translating books and different things that are in a dialect that the character doesn't understand.

Orthos, which is one of the summonings you can make.. if I got them all, he should have four sex scenes.. each of them different than the other, and all of them are amazing. Very nice phyiscs, very good genitals as well.. the possibility to move the camera around during a scene or even put it in the view of the summon, for some unique angles.

The second summoning, which I honestly didn't pay attention to her name, but also super well done (two scenes thus far if I didn't miss any). Again, very attractive design with very smooth scenes. Copious amounts of ejaculation as well, which I always love when it's featured.

Gameplay is perfect as well, an interesting selection of different and enjoyable puzzles as you try to get through and discover what you're looking for, with some easter eggs here and there.. such as the different outfits that you can find throughout the game (the second one is my favorite, so good)

I have a rather old computer by today's standards, and the game ran as smooth as butter, it's very well optimized.

There's absolutely nothing that I could see where this game can improve, it's honestly perfect.

Thank you very much to the developer for putting all the effort into making such a beautiful and enjoyable game. It goes to my favorites, and I look forward to the future updates.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

Theftgirl19

Don't waste your time - This is neither a nsfw game or sfw game

Description of the gameplay: Walk arround, try to find what to do, walk arround, do a puzzle, walk arround, try to find what to do, get your first H-scene (5seconds), do more puzzle, walk arround, do more puzzle, try to find what to do....

Biggest waste of visuals i have ever seen....
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Smileefrog

Super quality, scenes are well done. Puzzle aspects can be a bit frustrating to find, bit like finding a needle in a haystack. Would help if there was a subtle visual indicator that something is interact-able, a slight glow or more striking colors to make it stand out amidst the environment.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

maladroit

It's early in development (0.07.7) but what's here is surprisingly polished for an 0.0x release. The environments and models are well done, and there's a nice variety of satisfying puzzles. If you're looking for a quick fap, this isn't it, but if you want to explore an interesting place and solve some puzzles with a side of sexytimes, you could certainly do worse than this. You could easily spend a couple of hours here.

Dev seems active in both releases and in the thread, so I expect development will continue for a while. It's hard to know whether Personal Study refers only to the MC's activity or to the dev's work on the game itself, but either way I hope dev sticks with it, I'm curious to see where it goes.
  6. 1.00 star(s)

WindIsHowling

Some of the puzzles just aren't signposted at all. Looking for the one interactable thing in a huge room where most of the objects have the exact same palette is not a good puzzle. A good puzzle teaches the player a simple mechanic then allows them to apply that knowledge to new situations. There's also a huge reason basically every triple-A game with puzzles has a "senses" mode to find interactable objects (For example, Witcher 3, Hitman, Hogwarts Legacy, Cyberpunk... etc)

The visuals are really good, so that earns a point. However, it's hard to ignore a developer that says he "hates players" and is trying to collect bad game mechanics for his game.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Selen99

Very cool game.
    MC is hot, all animations look very good. Game lacks hints to give you directions sometimes, but it's not a big problem and puzzles aren't too hard or too easy, feels like a good balance.
    Unfortunately there isn't a lot of content at v0.07.7, only for about 3 hours or so.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

Johanna Jane

I feel conflicted about this game.

On one hand, the artwork and style are quite good. The concept is very interesting, and the storyline/writing seem decent so far. Gameplay is still pretty early in development, but I see no major red flags so far.

On the OTHER hand, the voice acting for the female protagonist during sex scenes.... Her voice is sooo unenthusiastic and sounds so *bored* that it ruins my ability to enjoy this. For myself, sex voice acting is one of the most important components of a sex game, so this is a MAJOR disappointment.

This seems early enough in development (v0.07.6) that it might still be improved. I hope so.

Also, this would benefit from a tutorial and maybe some refinements to the camera (i.e., hotkeys to snap the camera to specific views).
  9. 4.00 star(s)

SoloDallaS

I really miss having a quest journal; I skipped the dialogue, and now I'm wondering, 'What's next?' Not having a save option in the game is also disappointing, but the visuals and optimization are great.
    I'm not a puzzle fan; I basically
    I pass intuitively, like in Tomb Raider. Overall, the game is not bad.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

BeachKiwi

Love the ambiance, love the level design, the character design and the animations.
    The sex animations feel a little impersonal and I think could be made "hotter" but it's still a WIP and the rest is so good I can't remove a star.
  11. 1.00 star(s)

DKOC

Reviewed 0.07.5

tl;dr = Graphics and the animations are good, but I rate a game, based on its gameplay, UI, and sense of direction, and they are terrible.

1. It is so hard to figure out some of these puzzles. They are supposed to be super simple, but as objects don't get highlighted and interaction is a bit difficult, you can pass by a critical object numerous times without realizing it. Sure, once you find the objects, it is simple, but its like finding Waldo, in a sea of red shirts at a star trek convention.

2. It is super unclear of what the game wants you to do when entering a section. When I had assembled the portal, it wasn't clear that I had to rotate a piece. I had assumed that I was missing a piece, so I hunted for 10 minutes before inspecting the portal. Then when I bypassed the stone door, it wasn't clear that I was hunting for a book. There are no hints, no quest objectives, no quest indicators, and no way to get any of this while playing, so I wandered blindly for 10 minutes, going back to the main area, until I found the book.

3. I ragequitted after the 1st stone. According to the guide provided here, I was supposed to find an elevator of some sort. Well, I hunted all over the main area and the portal area, and couldn't find it after 15 minutes, so I gave up there.

4. The UI is way too minimalistic. Again, having some sense of direction or objectives displayed would go a long way to making it better.

5. You cannot sprint, jump, crouch, or slide. Just this slow ponderous jog, or if you hold shift, you walk. You also cannot float/hover/fly, or teleport/blink (except for specific spots). These would make transversing the fairly large environments a lot smoother.

6. There is no ingame controls.

7. Game defaults to Unlimited framerate and didn't realize this immediately, and so was pushing 90 FPS, when my monitors can only do 75, so had to lock it down to avoid melting my graphics card for no good reason.

8. There is no character customization; I'm not usually fond of short-haired, white-haired, micro-tit, or innie girls. Otherwise, the character is aesthetically pleasing.

9. There are outfits, but you have to find them, and they are as hard to find as most quest objects.

10. You can only carry one object at a time, but aren't limited to the size of an object to use telekinesis on.

11. The game does however, have a gallery, which is a welcome addition, as then you can at least enjoy the sex scenes, if you get hopelessly stuck, like I did.

12. Graphically it is an impressive title and runs fairly smoothly. Environments are nice to look at but have very little interactivity. For a library full of interesting books, I sure can't read any of them.

13. Has a well done dialogue and interesting characters.

=====

If some of this gets fixed, I'll update the review, but until then, its a hard pass for me.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

avenged7x

Really good and clean animations and straight forward gameplay, game runs perfectly and the puzzles are actually fun. Already excited for upcoming content! One of the best games I have played in a looong time.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

sarfra

I gotta message again to rate? Okay. Is good. Short but sweet. Clean and really good graphics, simple and solid gameplay. Puzzles aren't hard but they are fun enough. I hope we get to dom the little imp. Only improved by really minor details and just... expanding more all the game! But this is a demo only, I don't wanna pressure the developer.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Sirine

A lot of potential.
    Cute protagonist and interesting game with the puzzles.
    Animations are well made so far and the ambiant sound and music are there so it doesn't feel like a typical UE5 demo. It is playable.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

swiezak1988

I see a lot of potential in this game. It is full 3d and already looks as gorgeous as on the banner picture. Also, my playthrough was completely stable, without any performance issues on PC from 2016. At the moment of my review, there is a simple plot rewarding with sex scenes. It is rather designed for patient players, but I enjoyed it. Game has amazing atmosphere and main character is great mixture of cute and sexy. I'd love to play more of it.
  16. 4.00 star(s)

Little your dream

The game's graphics are perfect. The textures are all perfect. But then a boring puzzle. Yes, you can go through all of them without guides, but it will take about 4 hours. Controls need to be corrected by the camera. There are very few sex scenes here. There is a plot, but for the year of the existence of the game itself, this is very little in terms of the development of the game. But I was very bored. For everything I would put 3 stars but the graphics + 1 star. But it is worth optimizing the game on the weak PC. I did not lag but the game needs to be optimized
  17. 5.00 star(s)

KofiCatto

After finishing the 0.07 demo (I think I finished it after seeing the "in development room") I managed to unlock 3 floor pose and 2 table pose for the demon guy including the 3 gem cutscene. I haven't unlocked the additional 2 clothes at the wardrobe and the succubus scene I saw from the gallery.

+
    The game is quite promising
    Well made movements
    Animations are smooth and not just two models hitting each other
    The game itself and the props looks nice
    Average to difficult puzzles (the puzzles are just thrown at you without any big hints or guide)
    Movement and camera controls are decent
    Game size is optimized

-
    The only bug I found is that picking two items at the same time will overwrite the older item, making it disappear and will make the game "unprogressable"

Just puzzles to fighting
    No controls guide on settings

Overall it's a great game to try and I'll keep an eye on this one
    (y)(y)(y)(y):coffee::coffee:
  18. 5.00 star(s)

GameEnjoyer69

Deceitfully challeging puzzle game that feels great to play. Not much content as of right now, but the backend framework seems already really solid given how the sex animation play and look.

This could turn out to be a true gem.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Fleis

Beautiful graphics
    Smooth and highly enjoyable animations
    Easy to learn and use controls
    Easy to master magic system (without being boring)

For a 0.05 version, it shows incredible promise! I am VERY interested to see where this is going. From what little is available so far it shows a high quality. I can't wait to see what the next updates hold.
  20. 4.00 star(s)

PeterP4rker

The graphics and voicing are neat, controlls and ingame mechanics are working very well and tha gameplay feels very smooth.
    Very few sex content but thats not what it is all about for me, maybe for some other individuals when i read around here.
    With more content its easily going to be 5 stars but right now the puzzle needs some improvements since without help it is beyond challanging, it fastly becomes clueless walking and looking around untill you are lucky or you look for help here. An explanation of the pressure plates would be helpfull, since its not very intuitive to realise that one opens only when the other one is pressed since you cant see that while standing on the other one. if you could see the 2nd plate changing colour while standing on the 1st one for example that would help getting the idea. also the colours of the letter referring to the names of the book is also not very intuitive. since you can rotate the books while spectating them you could put hints on the back of books for example in form of colours, pictures or just words. feels like there is a solid base to make a nice adventure out of it if you stick to improving it.