Phantom Thief Chloe: An Assault RPG

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Here's a DMTL for v1.1 including scripts.

This is a more updated translation than the one used in the Game-Release thread.

Installation:
Make sure your system locale is set to Japanese(Japan).Locale Tutorial
Since this is running on Ace you need to decrypt the game first.Extraction Tutorial (If you are from the game thread ignore this step)
Then just extract the SLRMTL into your game folder.

Changelog:
1.01: Fixed some item descriptions.

If you experience a crash, game-breaking bug or seriously broken text please post me a screenshot and a short description when it happened. Providing a save just before the problem occurs would drastically increase the speed of the fixing process.

Last edited:

Karl Speidel

Sep 20, 2021
Here's a DeepL/Google hybrid MTL for v1.1 including scripts.
(I'm experimenting with more efficient machine translations to minimize the problems caused by DeepL)

Installation:
To extract and play the game you might need to set your system locale to Japanese(Japan) or use another locale method.
Before you can apply the MTL you need to extract and then move or delete the "Game.rgss3a".
You can do this using the rpgmaker "All Decrypter". I will add a version as attachment.
Just run the "RPG Maker Decrypter.exe" and choose the "Game.rgss3a". Then move the newly created folders from the "Extract" folder to your game folder and then move or delete the "Game.rgss3a".
Start the game once to confirm this step worked correctly before merging my MTL into it.
the translation covers the whole game?

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
the translation covers the whole game?
It "should", but this was one of my earliest DeepL experiments last year, so it's not properly tested, and translation quality is probably pretty bad.
I've never played this game for more than 5 minutes.

Fullfail

May 18, 2018
Here's a SLRMTL prototype for v1.1 including scripts.

I've remade the outdated DMTL with SLR.
It seems somewhat better, but not much.

Installation:
Make sure your system locale is set to Japanese(Japan).Locale Tutorial
Since this is running on Ace you need to decrypt the game first.Extraction Tutorial
Then just extract the SLRMTL into your game folder.

This is expermental stuff with a lot of weird translations, please do not use this for a Game-Release thread.

If you experience a crash, game-breaking bug or seriously broken text please post me a screenshot and a short description when it happened. Providing a save just before the problem occurs would drastically increase the speed of the fixing process.
I need your help if possible... i tried playing the game again with your Translation and it worked, until Chapter 3 Alcatraz.
I am currently at the part where you have to interact with a wall, crash through the ground and then find yourself in a room with a chest in the middle. I figured seeing the place is easier so i attached a picture.
Now my problem... during the following cutscene a error occurs.... again as a attachment. I tried to do something about that on my own, because i didnt want to trouble someone else, but i couldnt... if you see this and have the spare time, would you be able to help me?
Edit: I added a save file at the place.

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I need your help if possible... i tried playing the game again with your Translation and it worked, until Chapter 3 Alcatraz.
I am currently at the part where you have to interact with a wall, crash through the ground and then find yourself in a room with a chest in the middle. I figured seeing the place is easier so i attached a picture.
Now my problem... during the following cutscene a error occurs.... again as a attachment. I tried to do something about that on my own, because i didnt want to trouble someone else, but i couldnt... if you see this and have the spare time, would you be able to help me?
Could you provide a save so I can quickly reproduce the crash on my end?

Fullfail

May 18, 2018
Could you provide a save so I can quickly reproduce the crash on my end?
I added it to my former comment. I wanted to add that from the beginning but just forgot and then you replied while i was editing. Sorry for the trouble.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Edit: I added a save file at the place.
That crashing line is supposed to have a text effect that works by putting the dialogue like this "\} text \{", but that line only had "\ text \{".
Please try again using Prot2.
https://f95zone.to/threads/phantom-thief-chloe-an-assault-rpg.93716/post-6536894

Bryanis

Jan 4, 2021
Dunno if it's just me, but I tried playing, and I couldn't get past the tutorial enemie fight :
no attack could damage the enemie, there wasn't even a damage number or a miss, and the enemie could run at me all he want I took no damage either.

Restarted the game and new game a couple of time and still get the same result.

I went around by doing the tuto fight with the game in Japanese and the rest of the game without a problem using your translation.

Oh, I used version 1.1 of the translation.

Suck that the gme is of the old kind forcing you to unlock all the scene by losing to fill the gallery :(

PS : adding gallery unlock for other