Mod Ren'Py Photo Hunt - Shawn's Walkthrough + Improvements + Cheat Mod [v0.16.2] [Shawnchapp]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
I'm not sure either, I think the unlock is some extra content maybe in the Rule34 or computer tab stuff, again unsure myself.

Just know extra content adds more content, but not relevant to the story.

I mean he knows, that's what we are talking about, just look lup a couple posts.
ya must be gallery only stuff cause i haven't seen any "extra" in the regular code

New update is out.
Yup working on it bud :)

1710995366622.png

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
Yup working on it bud :)
Don't you usually take out the links in the OP and replace them with the text that you're working on the revision? That's how I normally know that I don't need to let you know the new version is out.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Don't you usually take out the links in the OP and replace them with the text that you're working on the revision? That's how I normally know that I don't need to let you know the new version is out.
ya but not not allowed to do that anymore, last time i did that a mod deleted my thread and removed all my links from game OPs. i was told to leave the old links up until i actually replace them with the new ones

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
ya but not not allowed to do that anymore, last time i did that a mod deleted my thread and removed all my links from game OPs. i was told to leave the old links up until i actually replace them with the new ones
That's just rude of them, you usually left the links to the previous version under a spoiler tag, so it was clear what was going on.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Just an updated adding a new guide "Rachel Night Snacks" if anyone knows of any other events i may have missed please let me know

rach snacks.png

EDIT

adding mod options for some scenes (and re-enableing one i mistakenly disable a version or 2 ago)

1711059124230.png

Last edited:

circuitarity

Jul 3, 2019
Might I suggest just making a note in the OP before the downloads when you are working on an update for v0.X so people who bother to read will not hassle you? Maybe make it a different color to make it stand out? Orange is a great contrast in most cases.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Might I suggest just making a note in the OP before the downloads when you are working on an update for v0.X so people who bother to read will not hassle you? Maybe make it a different color to make it stand out? Orange is a great contrast in most cases.
thats what i use to do but im not allowed i was told and i quote " it makes it look like your purposely paywalling."

therfore people are just going to have to cry about it for not reading the "game/mod verison" number listed in the OP I'm not touching or adding anything to the link section until i have new links to replace them with

EDIT:

adding recommended choices you don't have to pick these but they will generally lead to additional dialogue/scenes later down the road they won't affect your "route" or "points" NOTE: if a mod option to do all scenes it will auto pick the best/reccomended choice to be "saved"

1711068662079.png

Last edited:

circuitarity

Jul 3, 2019
thats what i use to do but im not allowed i was told and i quote " it makes it look like your purposely paywalling."
The person who told you that is ridiculous AND you can still add a simple note (I have seen this many times) saying "Working on v0.16.2" or even better "I am aware of the release of v0.16.2 if this is against some rule a mod should simply delete the yellow text"
I think some of these mods are a on a bit of a power trip since there seems to be no higher authority and my personal response to you can't do that because XYZ would be to ask for 2 other mods to back the choice up and privately discuss it with you to defend your position. The only flaw with that plan is 3 friends can gang up on you at the request of the first mod.

• Angry
Reactions: dragon556677

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
yes i seen others do it but either or I'm not going to aginst the admin/mods

so "ou can still add a simple note " like i already said last time i did (this is what i put above the links "Currently Updating" i lost a thread and all links removed i'm not doing it again. its a big risk for me just for some lazy people that can't read literally the 4th line in the OP
1711081899336.png

or the thread title for that matter
1711081937581.png

if their that blind no amount of "warnings" is going to help, some people just refuse to read besides "download click here"

circuitarity

Jul 3, 2019
if their that blind no amount of "warnings" is going to help, some people just refuse to read besides "download click here"
Wasn't trying to upset you.
I can and did read the first lines etc. of the OP and just thought instead of "updating" you could put "I am aware of the current release" without getting a smack on your nose. Just an FYI when I see the first post is "v# older than current" I like to give a modder time to post an update and barring that I scroll through the last few pages to see if they are aware of the update but... When I saw you posted about not being allowed to remove the links I tried to come up with a solution that didn't remove them but also let all the needy weebs know that you are working on it instead of ignoring them.
My profuse apologies for making what I thought was a clever and possibly helpful suggestion instead of allowing the constant barrage of DMs and forum posts repeating the new update is out. I shall endeavor to mind my own business in the future.

• Angry
Reactions: dragon556677

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Wasn't trying to upset you.
I can and did read the first lines etc. of the OP and just thought instead of "updating" you could put "I am aware of the current release"
I'm not upset and theres nothing wrong with suggestion, i just don't want to take the risk. it could be fine with a 100 admins/mods but if its not with just one BOOM thread gone and deleted. I just don't want to deal with that again.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote