Mod Ren'Py Photo Hunt - Shawn's Walkthrough + Improvements + Cheat Mod [v0.16.2] [Shawnchapp]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

useless-j

Aug 15, 2019
Updated my compressed Android port of Photo Hunt with Shawn's mod included to v0.16.2.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left to rollback and swipe right to skip. Save files are now stored in the Documents folder. This sometimes means that you may need to close and re-open the port after installing so the save folder is properly created.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Links: -
It seems broken.
I loaded an older save , and tried saving it again , it threw an error.
I started a new game and noticed game version was outdated in the mod menu.
Also unlocking gallery didn't work, opening gallery also throws an error.
I've attached some screenshots.

Also I've a small request : Can you increase the size of the save/load page navigation ? (the page number and forward/backward arrow)
I keep hitting the bottom page entry when trying to navigate to next/ previous page.

Screenshot_20240325-192642.png Screenshot_20240325-200117.png Screenshot_20240325-200126.png

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
It seems broken.

Also I've a small request : Can you increase the size of the save/load page navigation ? (the page number and forward/backward arrow)
I keep hitting the bottom page entry when trying to navigate to next/ previous page.

View attachment 3477317 View attachment 3477318 View attachment 3477320
Hmm, thanks the detailed feedback. I'll check it out tonight and see what I can sort out

Reactions: useless-j

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
It seems broken.

View attachment 3477317 View attachment 3477318 View attachment 3477320
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to replicate these issues. On my phone, an error doesn't come up when unlocking and accessing the gallery. I don't have any old saves to test, though. I might look into increasing the quick menu size for the next update but Shawn's mod offers a larger Mod button in the top right corner that is more accessible on a phone.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018

View attachment 3477318

if mod menu is telling youi the game is outdated means the game is outdated looks like your still using 0.16.1 game is at 0.16.2
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to replicate these issues. On my phone, an error doesn't come up when unlocking and accessing the gallery. I don't have any old saves to test, though. I might look into increasing the quick menu size for the next update but Shawn's mod offers a larger Mod button in the top right corner that is more accessible on a phone.

He's using an old game version "0.16.1"

useless-j

Aug 15, 2019
if mod menu is telling youi the game is outdated means the game is outdated looks like your still using 0.16.1 game is at 0.16.2

He's using an old game version "0.16.1"
I'm using the provided apk , so I can't have the older game with newer mod, the game and the mod are packaged together.

useless-j

Aug 15, 2019
Oh okay.
Maybe the old saves and the rest of the directories are somehow causing the issue.
Let me try it after cleaning them up.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
I'm using the provided apk , so I can't have the older game with newer mod, the game and the mod are packaged together.
idk then im just telling you what your error message says from the screen shot you shown says 0.16.1
it would explain why "gal_unlock162" isn't "defined" cause its only "defined" in 0.16.2

1711437212096.png

useless-j

Aug 15, 2019
idk then im just telling you what your error message says from the screen shot you shown says 0.16.1
it would explain why "gal_unlock162" isn't "defined" cause its only "defined" in 0.16.2

View attachment 3479563
Yeah its a weird one
I also showed it in the mod page.
I think it might have been caused by remnants from the previous version.
I'll try cleaning them up and report back.
Thanks for the mod!!

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Yeah its a weird one
I also showed it in the mod page.
I think it might have been caused by remnants from the previous version.
I'll try cleaning them up and report back.
Thanks for the mod!!
ya best not to install over the older version should always do a clean install

useless-j

Aug 15, 2019
ya best not to install over the older version should always do a clean install
I had clean installed but it creates files in document folder as well.
Anyways cleaning them up fixed the issue.
Now everything is working and the game version is also showing up correctly.
Except the old saves.
Eonor

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
I've attached some saves.
After loading the save , I'm unable to save again.
Eonor
You might need to just start afresh. The save setup is designed to help as much as possible with retaining saves but I can't cater to old saves with the ports. There's just too much that can go wrong

Reactions: useless-j

useless-j

Aug 15, 2019
You might need to just start afresh. The save setup is designed to help as much as possible with retaining saves but I can't cater to old saves with the ports. There's just too much that can go wrong
Yeah looks like it.

One more request : During the gallery playback the quick menu is not visible and the gestures don't work, would it be possible to somehow allow them so that we can `skip read` during playback?

Thank you!!

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
I had clean installed but it creates files in document folder as well.
Anyways cleaning them up fixed the issue.
Now everything is working and the game version is also showing up correctly.
Except the old saves.
Eonor

Whats theerror you get with old saves?

Phunfoteno

Oct 6, 2017
superb work, my dude!
i would have a question: would it be in the plans to have a route change option in the cheats tab? like, shifting monica from blackmail to love, quinn from model to rm, etc?

anyhow, keep on rocking!

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
superb work, my dude!
i would have a question: would it be in the plans to have a route change option in the cheats tab? like, shifting monica from blackmail to love, quinn from model to rm, etc?

anyhow, keep on rocking!

i thought about that many times for some routes its easy to do but for other it would be very complicated to do since so many flags/variables a set for some routes then you have alice with kinda 4 routes that probably has like 20+ variables per route to keep track off.. if not as simple has just doing a single variable change like "route = "bl"

Reactions: Phunfoteno
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote