Physical Preference in Visual Novels

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
For sure, I'v already designed 6 girls so far and I've got a variation in body shape/size, skin tone/ethnicity and personality, as well as sexual preferences/fetishes
Good job about the varied ethnicity. I think that is one of the things lacking in these games.

Reactions: groove888

MrSandman69

Jul 10, 2018
I prefer the most realistic approach. I think that the point of use 3D instead of cartoons is precisely the realism. Something that works very well in several games like "the Senior" or "long live the princess" (for mention two examples) is that female characters have different body shapes. You easy find women with exaggerated attributes and women with lovely small breasts (my favourite). I am able to enjoy games like that (if the story is good) because some of the characters are attractive. I think that's the best way of consensus. On the other hand, this is good for the game too, because of the variety.

Reactions: uradamus

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
My take on this is the more realistic you want the renders to be, the less acceptable extreme exaggerations become. Models put into natural, physically-based lighting conditions with realistic looking material settings are far more likely to fall down into the uncanny valley when things are too far off from reasonable expectations than is the case with 2D drawings, or even highly stylized 3D models for that matter. Proportions play a big part too; unless you specifically want to play up a part of the body to emphasize a fetish, you'll want to make sure your characters have an overall balanced and appealing form.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
I prefer the most realistic approach. I think that the point of use 3D instead of cartoons is precisely the realism. Something that works very well in several games like "the Senior" or "long live the princess" (for mention two examples) is that female characters have different body shapes. You easy find women with exaggerated attributes and women with lovely small breasts (my favourite). I am able to enjoy games like that (if the story is good) because some of the characters are attractive. I think that's the best way of consensus. On the other hand, this is good for the game too, because of the variety.
Personally realism has nothing to do with my use of 3D in my projects. 2D is a lot more work and hassle. It would also be expensive. Getting an established 2D artist interested in working on a game when they already make good money off of commissions and their own Patreons is gonna cost you. At the moment the market favors the 3D crowd, there are plenty of people capable of using Daz, and therefore there are plenty of people looking to make a name for themselves.

Personally I'm often irritated by the limitations of 3D, sometimes I want something to be surreal, for the sake of the narrative. I have ideas that involve more hardcore fantasy, which even good 3D fantasy games have a hard time meeting (you mentioned LLTP, and I love both it and Coceter Chronicles). I'd really like to do a game in which a Warlock, contracted to some elder god, summons tentacles from another realm to have some fun. And while I've seen some very high quality tentacles done by artists using other more complex modelling platforms, but looking at the assets, poses, and the like available to Daz, they are no where near well made enough to be all that good.

As to variety, I kinda agree that it is the spice of life. Its nice to have different body shapes from time to time. Personally I'm more into petite frames with nice butts, but I have been known to go after other body types when the woman or man, meets other standards that make them attractive.

InfamousRebel

Jul 20, 2018
for me Lily of the Valley's star character is pretty much the perfect MILF build IMO and she didn't even have kids lol

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
I find it hilarious when people say they prefer "realistic" proportions when it comes to breasts. Big breasts are a thing, they are quite common too. I think some of the folk here must live on tiny tit island.

The only problem I have with some of the women in some games is when they come with they have a small army of kids all aged 18+ yet they look 21 and act like they have never seen a penis before.

The only kind of character model I can't stand are loli's and shota. Seeing kids fucking isn't my idea of a turn on.