Schermant

Sep 29, 2021
Hey Dev, just a word of support and encouragement:
One of the key factors that made me consider LOK to be of top-notch quality was how it was so smooth, without glitches and the transitions were really nice, and I was sure it was your contribution.
I have just found out about the unfortunate fate of LOK and this project of yours today, and haven't even tried it yet, but I have to say that the art style and design alone already made me look forward to what you will bring in the future, no matter how far that might be.
There are complaints that there is not much to be seen (or more accurately, to jerk off to), but I have checked your Trello and understand that you are still working on it, so I will still hope that you will keep it up, preferably to your and your team's pace. Still, I'd suggest asking your supporters and catering to what they want, even just a little bit at a time is a good strategy for any developer. Sadly I can't support you through financial means yet, since I have things to sort out myself too, but I will try to do so once I can.
Anyhow, just know that your effort is worthwhile, and wish you all the best.

Spico

Mar 24, 2021
I ran into several softlock bugs in day 3, and I have identified the problem in the abuse of ctrl in the dialogue for skipping that.
After that I noticed that while you are refiling the fridge you can use the shortcut keys to reach the table, and that tends to brake the various triggers.

I think that the skip button cause some issues.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
I dunno. I see progress on the Trello. Whether that actually materializes into an update, we'll see. It's been nearly 5 months since last public update release. Hopefully after this update there will be more content. I'd say it's too early to call the project dead.
Looking at his Trello, I'd say there's hardly any new content coming our way. Not quite sure how several progress bars sit under the rubric "Future version postponed", which I'm assuming means this stuff won't be in the next update, but then the very few active progress bars are barely moving at all. A repeatable scene to sit with a customer, "GameMode mood-dependent" whatever that means, and "Subscene: Uniform 1st" are all just resting on a 10% progression.

Now I've not got much experience with Trello, but to me it looks like hardly anything is done. And the few things that are being worked on are not moving either? It's been 5 months now since the last release I think?

I was quite supportive of him in this thread when I first discovered this project, but it appears to have been a massive waste of time. Doesn't look like this project is going anywhere sadly. Oh well..

DudePersonA

Aug 24, 2018
Looking at his Trello, I'd say there's hardly any new content coming our way. Not quite sure how several progress bars sit under the rubric "Future version postponed", which I'm assuming means this stuff won't be in the next update, but then the very few active progress bars are barely moving at all. A repeatable scene to sit with a customer, "GameMode mood-dependent" whatever that means, and "Subscene: Uniform 1st" are all just resting on a 10% progression.

Now I've not got much experience with Trello, but to me it looks like hardly anything is done. And the few things that are being worked on are not moving either? It's been 5 months now since the last release I think?

I was quite supportive of him in this thread when I first discovered this project, but it appears to have been a massive waste of time. Doesn't look like this project is going anywhere sadly. Oh well..

chrome_a4QOVSBwjp.png
Trello workflow in this case goes left to right. Stuff in Future Version postponed is set aside until a future version. Animation is the art, implementation is probably the skeletal/boning/whatever into the engine. Writing/Events is self evident. Issues is where he runs into issues with something and it gets dumped there until fixed. Wrap-up is polishing. Finally things finished go into the "Done" column.
Furthermore, the top cards in each column are the ones that had the latest updates. Subscene: Uniform 1st [10%] is at the top because the last update to the card was February 16th. Sit with customer (repeat) is at the bottom because last update to cart was February 6th.

I don't hang out on Abelius's discord or whatever, so I couldn't tell you apart from what I'm looking at.

If you look at "done" though, you can see "customer reactions logic" at top was moved from Implementation to Done 12 hours ago, but was added yesterday to implementation. Further down Mall 1st started in Mechanics on February 6th and moved its ways to the right to "Done" on March 2nd.

chrome_HNWyH9jbEQ.png

So yeah, stuff is getting worked on. Stuff is getting done. Or at least it appears to be; Trello is just an indicator setup by the dev to try and give people a bit more transparency into the work they're doing.

Is this enough content for an update? Is he working fast enough? You be the judge, it's been 5 months since the last public release! But at least by the indicator it seems work is getting done.

Mosman44

Dec 15, 2021
The Trello board completed 0.8 yesterday, so the update might be in the final stages / inc.
I'm no expert at reading Trello boards but from the look of it it seems the only things not in the "Done" pile are cleanup-sounding things in the "Wrap Up" pile. Items like Alpha Testing, Optimization, Animations Check, etc. All those things could of course take a few weeks to complete but I would agree it definitely looks like he's in the home stretch. My guess is that we get 0.8 (or at least the contributing Patrons do) by the end of April.

TheLoveBiscuit

Oct 20, 2017
New version in Febrary, they said...
And that is why he made the Trello board in the first place. Previously it would be " I think next update will be out x month " but bugs and issues would delay etc. And people would say he broke his promise.

I honestly prefer this way where its " its out when its ready, click this link and you can see the progress "

jeybeeee

Jul 26, 2020
So... Like i said about a year ago this game is empty and the dev lies and tries to milk you guys. But no one belived and Abelius (or what the hell is his name anyways) told me what im just another stuped hater...Yeah right. Good luck with prising that "great game" and that "great" developer. But when i see what someone is lying to me i call him a liar.

4.00 star(s) 95 Votes