Tool RPGM HTML Ren'Py Flash Play RPG Maker XP/VX/VX Ace/MV/MZ, Ren'Py, HTML, TyranoBuilder, Adobe Flash, Construct 2 & 3, NScripter, Twine, VN Maker on Android using JoiPlay

Machiavel

Sep 2, 2020
Hey guys, I'm new to Joiplay, I haven't noticed any setting for it so I'm wondering if there's a way to change what each gesture does?

Ideally I'd like swipe down to hide UI and swipe left to rewind
There's no swipe shortcuts and no rewind feature (only an "accelerate" function), but you can use the arrows buttons top and bottom to show/hide ui elements. Note that game engines with no touch support (like rpgm vx ace) will always start with buttons on and game engines with touch support will always start with buttons off.

For some reason these settings made it a little better but still after 3 seconds fps drops from 60 to 31 to 8 then 1 then small chance of 0 but usually always 1 in the battle
I guess it's for princess knight claris? Probably a plugin problem like it was for Mr.Ark. Send me your save, i'm downloading the game from here and see if I can pinpoint the issue.

Last edited:

DyonisXX

Jun 13, 2022
There's no swipe shortcuts and no rewind feature (only an "accelerate" function), but you can use the arrows buttons top and bottom to show/hide ui elements. Note that game engines with no touch support (like rpgm vx ace) will always start with buttons on and game engines with touch support will always start with buttons off.

I guess it's for princess knight claris? Probably a plugin problem like it was for Mr.Ark. Send me your save, i'm downloading the game from here and see if I can pinpoint the issue.
In renpy games swiping up seems to hide UI and swiping left opens the save menu, I think this is from Joiplay cause it stayed consistent across the 2 games I've tried, is there really no way to mod it considering it's something Joiplay itself has implemented?

Also if you bind one of the buttons in the joystick to pageup you can rewind

Machiavel

Sep 2, 2020
In renpy games swiping up seems to hide UI and swiping left opens the save menu, I think this is from Joiplay cause it stayed consistent across the 2 games I've tried, is there really no way to mod it considering it's something Joiplay itself has implemented?

Also if you bind one of the buttons in the joystick to pageup you can rewind
Ah I see, I didn't know it was a thing in Ren'py games, I was talking for rpgm games. I think it's specific to the ren'py engine though. You might be able to mod it by checking the game code, but you won't be able to mod Joiplay's functions, it's closed source afaik. Were the 2 games from the same dev? If yes, it might be functions implemented in the games by the dev himself.

DyonisXX

Jun 13, 2022
Ah I see, I didn't know it was a thing in Ren'py games, I was talking for rpgm games. I think it's specific to the ren'py engine though. You might be able to mod it by checking the game code, but you won't be able to mod Joiplay's functions, it's closed source afaik. Were the 2 games from the same dev? If yes, it might be functions implemented in the games by the dev himself.
No the devs are different, and I doubt renpy by itself has native swipe controls considering it's meant for pc, surely it has to be joiplay that's adding it?

Machiavel

Sep 2, 2020
No the devs are different, and I doubt renpy by itself has native swipe controls considering it's meant for pc, surely it has to be joiplay that's adding it?
Well, according to , Ren'py have those functions bound to mousewheel and middle click. I guess Joiplay just converts touch inputs to mousewheel and middle click inputs.
That said, Ren'py can support touch input functions, as stated in their documentation. However it's a bit hacky, because it relies on a separated compiling software named RAPT that will treat touch inputs as mouse input when compiling to apk.

With all that, it should be safe to assume that you can't get new swipe controls without going into games code by yourself. As you can see in the attached screenshot, Joiplay devs seem to use their own fork of RAPT. I can't say much more on that topic, unfortunately, because I don't have access to a PC for now to try stuff and I'm not really in Ren'py dev'ing. Though, Ren'py is an open source engine iirc, so it should be relatively easy to mod it to add the swipes you need and then copy paste your modded scripts in each game (educated guess here, can't test).
Screenshot_20230116-011239.png

May 22, 2020

Basically when you can control claris and her actions in battle the game drops the fps down to 1

May 22, 2020

Saved near an enemy

Machiavel

Sep 2, 2020
When the battle starts it is at 60 fps but after you made a choice or choose magic it drops
Welp... I can't do shit, because as usual with japs, it's a fucking mess. There's plug-ins to add auto-states at battle start, plugins for the formation menu, another to remove the formation menu (yes, really, there's both), some to speedup battles, some for the Windows, some for the gauges... I swear to god, 2 nukes were not enough. I couldn't even find where was the function that make the game auto-battle until you reach 100 control.... And of course, all the comments in the plugin are in Jap (not too much of a problem thx to deepl), but most of the plugins authors websites are dead.... I really tried, but it will need someone with japanese knowledge and a serious skill in rpgm vx ace to fix this frame drop, I can't help, and believe me, I tried.
If you really want to finish it, I can only recommend you to go on PC and hope.

Machiavel

Sep 2, 2020
How to add flash game?
Like any other game, click the + bottom right and click Add Game. You'll have to select the .exe or .swf as executable file. Please note that Joiplay uses Ruffle to run flash game, therefore compatibility is limited for actionscript2 games and non-existent for actionscript3 games.

Reactions: HP.

HP.

Nov 2, 2020
Like any other game, click the + bottom right and click Add Game. You'll have to select the .exe or .swf as executable file. Please note that Joiplay uses Ruffle to run flash game, therefore compatibility is limited for actionscript2 games and non-existent for actionscript3 games.
I found some as2 games but nothing work

V^V

Aug 26, 2020
Does someone know when v1.20.017 would be publicly available or did some issue occur in that build so there's no news since?

Deserttrunade

Feb 20, 2021
i'm having crash issues in renpy games only, rpgm games seem to work fine but renpy ones close after few seconds i'm using the latest version of patreon

DyonisXX

Jun 13, 2022
Camp Klondike freezes the entire app near the start of the game at the same scene every time, can anyone test it to verify?

Machiavel

Sep 2, 2020
i'm having crash issues in renpy games only, rpgm games seem to work fine but renpy ones close after few seconds i'm using the latest version of patreon
Camp Klondike freezes the entire app near the start of the game at the same scene every time, can anyone test it to verify?
For some reasons that I don't know, Ren'py games stopped working a while ago, despite having everything correctly installed. It was discussed some posts ago in this thread

DyonisXX

Jun 13, 2022
For some reasons that I don't know, Ren'py games stopped working a while ago, despite having everything correctly installed. It was discussed some posts ago in this thread
Every other renpy game works for me it's just Klondike that freezes, the game dev told me it's trying to load a short movie at the freeze spot

Edit: Klondike uses .ogv for its videos could it be that Joiplay can't read .ogv files and that's what crashes it?

Last edited: