Tutorial Others Playing On Linux - Tutorials, Tools And Help

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hi guys,

Did someone converted to Linux the game House Chores ?? It's a visual novel made in 2dcg with nice art but only for Windows and Android so...

First I tried with NWJ_Linux_install script but the script began to erase folders and files (as it does) but then it keeps like this forever:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Second I tried Glassix_Linux_Install.sh script but not even delete anything because....
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So here I am... asking if anyone of you had a suscesfull convertion of this game please help this stupid cuban linux user to play ;)
1. Delete all files except all folders and "project.json" file.
2. Download v0.53 or v0.54 of nw.js from here:
3. Extract the content into the games folder -> allow files to be overwritten.
4. Rename "nw" to "nw.sh".
5. Allow executing file (nw.sh) as program -> Either right-click -> Properties -> Permission or via Terminal and chmod +x [drag and drop "nw.sh")
6. Launch game via nw.sh.

Hyuuga_Neji

Jan 15, 2020
1. Delete all files except all folders and "project.json" file.
2. Download v0.53 or v0.54 of nw.js from here:
3. Extract the content into the games folder -> allow files to be overwritten.
4. Rename "nw" to "nw.sh".
5. Allow executing file (nw.sh) as program -> Either right-click -> Properties -> Permission or via Terminal and chmod +x [drag and drop "nw.sh")
6. Launch game via nw.sh.
I've tried your method:

- Download both version of nwjs from the url
- delete every file except project.json
- overwrited with both version of nwjs
-Excecuted nw from terminal (./nw)

The game open with both version but... i got a black screen with the sound of the game in the background. Something like this i 've gotten when I tried to play Teasure of Nadia until I download RPG_Maker_MV_v1.6.2_Linux and copied the www folder to RPG_Maker, this time the game not open.
So... with both version of nwjs the game open but have not graphics and with the RPG_Maker doesn't open

Nov 24, 2019
You want to see the terminal output?
Yes because I'm too lazy to download the game and try it myself, but if you would rather not for whatever reason (I mean... Your question just now was odd), probably when the day rises someone else will see, try for themselves, and post here the solution.

Also, unrelated to your problem, I always advise reading:
Maybe you already read that, maybe not, but it is a good read nonetheless.

Reactions: Hyuuga_Neji

bigguy_foryou

Jun 8, 2018
I was able to start the game (House Chores) instantly with no workarounds on Arch using this method (previously mentioned here):

Grab the latest nwjs tarball (sdk optional), then run
Code:
tar xvf ~/Downloads/nwjs-version-linux-x64.tar.gz --strip-components=1
from inside the game's root directory. Then just run ./nw, also from inside the root directory.

I started a new game, watched some of the opening scene then closed it, seemed to all be working.

Hyuuga_Neji

Jan 15, 2020
Yes, please copy and paste the terminal output from "/.nw" here.

You use Manjaro, correct? I remember Arch was a bit picky about nw.js.
Here is my terminal output on Manjaro...

Code:
>>> ./nw                                   
[3018:3018:1104/201033.253520:ERROR:sandbox_linux.cc(376)] InitializeSandbox() called with multiple threads in process gpu-process.
r300 FP: Compiler Error:
../mesa-21.2.3/src/gallium/drivers/r300/compiler/r300_fragprog_emit.c::emit_alu(): Too many ALU instructions
Using a dummy shader instead.

Reactions: cold_arctus

yamipleb

Oct 27, 2018

Code:
>>> ./nw                                  
[3018:3018:1104/201033.253520:ERROR:sandbox_linux.cc(376)] InitializeSandbox() called with multiple threads in process gpu-process.
../mesa-21.2.3/src/gallium/drivers/r300/compiler/r300_fragprog_emit.c::emit_alu(): Too many ALU instructions
the first line you can basically ignore. you don't need to worry about it.
however, the second one is a bit worrying
you seem to have a driver issue.
might be a bug in the r300 driver, try another mesa version (or compile from source yourself)
or maybe nobody cares about r300 driver since it's old.. does r600 driver not support your hardware?
as a last resort try forcing a software renderer or maybe even zink would work better

Nov 24, 2019

Code:
>>> ./nw                              
Well, usually that's either:
1. Outdated Driver
2. Unsupported or too old GPU
3. Outdated OpenGL version

Either way, "dummy shader" is not going to work.

You can try using --disable-gpu but that is not very likely to work. You can also try to use command line arguments to limit FPS to 24 and kinda hope it works - But that's even less likely. Try doing as yamipleb suggested and forcing software rendering, or try getting a new GPU, I'm not sure.

if you google a bit you'll find about this error.
And to quote FreeDesktop guys:
Marek Olšák said:
Note that this is not a bug, it's a hardware limitation. Sometimes we can improve the compiler so that it generates a little less instructions, but that only applies to shaders the size of which is very close to the hardware limit. Too long shaders are simply NOT supported by hardware. Period.

Last edited:

fasefive

Apr 27, 2019
running wine-staging 6.19 with wine-mono 6.4.0 and it runs fine for me
what's your latest software version you tried?
I have wine stable 6.20, tried with lutris and a proton GE build too, always gets the "failed to load mono" error

I tested it on ubuntu and it works, so something is missing or not configured properly on my Arch install

yamipleb

Oct 27, 2018
I have wine stable 6.20, tried with lutris and a proton GE build too, always gets the "failed to load mono" error

I tested it on ubuntu and it works, so something is missing or not configured properly on my Arch install
that's strange. i tested it working on my primary arch OS, so i wonder what would be the cause of the problem on yours.
are you sure you have installed the community/wine-mono package on arch? it isn't a dependency for any other package so maybe you missed it.

bigguy_foryou

Jun 8, 2018
It would seem like the easiest way to get Treasure of Nadia up and running is by simply replacing the lib/libffmpeg.so in the game directory with the appropriate one from (credits https://f95zone.to/threads/treasure-of-nadia-v1-0112-nlt-media.38582/post-6963174).
Make sure you get the matching version for the version of nwjs you're using (latest 0.55.0 for the ffmpeg prebuilt so that's what you should use for nwjs as well).

I haven't played the game in full yet, but while the usual method of simply extracting nwjs into the game directory and running it results in a black screen following the age warning, doing it with the replaced libffmpeg.so gets me to the menu.

Much simpler than the LD_PRELOAD workaround using the alternative build of nwjs found on the AUR.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Reactions: Pigfarmer

Pigfarmer

May 25, 2019
Would any of you fine folks know how the save values are encoded in RPGM MV games when playing on a web browser? I figured out that on Firefox the data is stored in the webappsstore.sqlite file in $HOME/.mozilla/firefox/(PROFILE)/ but the data is not stored in plain text.

I'm fiddling with the files coz I lost my previous save disk space running out and something weird happening with the file :D

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Would any of you fine folks know how the save values are encoded in RPGM MV games when playing on a web browser? I figured out that on Firefox the data is stored in the webappsstore.sqlite file in $HOME/.mozilla/firefox/(PROFILE)/ but the data is not stored in plain text.

I'm fiddling with the files coz I lost my previous save disk space running out and something weird happening with the file :D
There is now way to decode them because the values are stored as cookies.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Pigfarmer
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes