3D-Daz playing with the plaything

mastergobbo

Oct 17, 2021
I thought it to be a good idea, to put my renders in their own thread, so as not to spam the "show your DAZ Skill".
These following here were created mainly around playing around ... with water- and wet-effects, especially the "ripple and wakes"-props.
Naturally, just wet skin and props gets boring really fast, so there is some kind of ... story? told here, too ;)
There is obviously some "story" inconstistence with the characters present, please do not mind.
soaking01.jpg

mastergobbo

Oct 17, 2021
I've never met an old man like that. Did you make these characters?
The drops of water are magnificent.
Thanks!
He's a very special kind of life form, better known as "the old horny goat", he is permanently high on those blue pills and has therefore an ernormous ... problem with wearing tight pants. :cool:
In other words, just any (old?) man that would, if he could.

The wet-skin (and the droplets, if you refer to them) are those combined:

and some tweaking.

The old goat is just with kitbashed and the .
The young woman is a self-made morph, skin is based on on a G81F.
The old woman is a G3F with morph and Skin.
The other two are one of my all-time-favourites and the other one is .

mastergobbo

Oct 17, 2021
It seems like plugging leaks requires a lot of handwork.
And parts of hands apparently, to fit the hole. Ahm, whole ... thing.

Sometimes you even need to drill. The whole. The whole hole. I'm sure you get it by now.
plugging_leaks1.jpg plugging_leaks2.jpg
plugging_leaks3.jpg
plugging_leaks4.jpg
plugging_leaks5.jpg
plugging_leaks6.jpg
plugging_leaks7.jpg
Just now discovered ... worrying things, concernig things sticking through limbs. Guess, my attention was occupied elswhere. Please do ignore this. It's not a very natural thing. And not healthy. But this here is not real, is it?

Last edited:

mastergobbo

Oct 17, 2021
I know, almost a duplex here (almost! look below), just to have them in one place ...

Dirty deeds, done ... somehow cheap :cool:

In the process of toying around. Still. Done some poses, got distracted with texturing. How you do. So this one is primarily about my adventures is toying with textures this time.
I don't know what DAZ is about at the moment, rendering, iray preview, cam movement ... all works as well as any other time BUT the UI is so infuriatingly sluggish after about 30min, working is really hard. And that with only 2 G81 and some geometry loaded.
So I had to set resolution to base, tune subd to 1 and rob the poor old lad of his various bodyhair.
The result is unfortunately somewhat ... edgy, please don't look too hard at the two lovebirds in this regard.
As stated with the previous render, I have some concepts in mind, and they have to do with toilets and restrooms, but to keep the memory footprint rather small, I tried to have as little geometry as possible, so I use the single props instead of the whole scene, and customize the wall and ground with primitives.
Unfortunately they where all untextured, so I got distracted with getting the "right" texture. And so it began...
The are some simple overlays, even a decal (which are still a mystery to me), played around with them untill I was somewhat satisfied.
The objective was to get a somewhat "grungy" look, and I even got some "blind" spots in the mirror.
I am particularly pleased with the decal I used on one sink, but didn't go further with this, because ... bed is calling :sleep:
And because the topic arose in the last weeks - these renders are straigt outa Compt ... DAZ, only denoising done, no post.
I'm happy with the results, so have a look:
dirtydeedsdone01.jpg dirtydeedsdone02.jpg dirtydeedsdone03.jpg dirtydeedsdone04.jpg dirtydeedsdone05.jpg

this is what it started like:
dirtydeedsdone00.jpg

and the other pose i managed to get done:
dirtydeedsdone00-1.jpg

and from the original scene:
dirtydeedsdone00-2.jpg

mastergobbo

Oct 17, 2021
Doing the dirty deed ... follow-up

I have streamlined the poses and sourroundings a bit and used dforce in these. Including the dForce-2-Morph script, which I really like and find really usefull.
Still using the low-res figures, though. Makes posing easyier, meaning, the UI snappier. But renders a bit ugly ...
dirtydeedsdone-follow01.jpg dirtydeedsdone-follow02.jpg dirtydeedsdone-follow03.jpg dirtydeedsdone-follow04.jpg dirtydeedsdone-follow05.jpg

Reactions: Techn0magier

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
Nice work with the dForce. But what is the "dForce-2-Morph script "? I'm looking for ways to make my library of hair products somewhat salvageable for Genesis 9 and I have some hopes for dForce. So of course I'm interested in helper scripts and tools.

Reactions: mastergobbo

mastergobbo

Oct 17, 2021
Nice work with the dForce. But what is the "dForce-2-Morph script "? I'm looking for ways to make my library of hair products somewhat salvageable for Genesis 9 and I have some hopes for dForce. So of course I'm interested in helper scripts and tools.
Thanks!

As for the "dForce2Morph", I use . I use it to create a "permanent" (as long as the Object stays in your runtime) Morph on the Cloth or Hair.
You simply let your simulation run (doesn't matter if range or single frame) and then let the script create the resulting cloth-"pose" as a dialable morph. It works almost perfectly for me. I use it primarily, because DAZ doesn't like my "work-rig" to use dforce (DAZ laments about missing openCL drivers), so I create fitting morphs on my "dforce capable" rig.
There are other (free) methods to create morphs from dforce, but they require too much steps to follow.
The script on the other side is very user friendly, you just have to "name" the morph, set, where you would like the dial to show up and which colour it should show.
I think, the script is well worth its price!

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
Nice. I tagged it and will get my tentacles on it next month with my coupons.
The openCL problem seems to happen to quite a few people currently. Did you try a driver rollback to a 17.x version?

Reactions: mastergobbo

mastergobbo

Oct 17, 2021
Nice. I tagged it and will get my tentacles on it next month with my coupons.
The openCL problem seems to happen to quite a few people currently. Did you try a driver rollback to a 17.x version?
Rollback? I assume for my Radeon? No ... So far I only tried to update and Install Intel Drivers and (seemingly) ATi-open-CL-related drivers (from AMD, so no doubious drivers), but that didn't tackle the problem at all ...
Also I am sticking with MY latest 4.20.17, not bothering with 4.21 for a while, as I have no urge on using G9 in the foreseeable time.
Also I didn't try on downgrading, because my next youngest available version would be 4.20.0.2, then 4.16.0.3, don't know how many versions I missed in between.
4.20.02 I didn't use, and some "improvements" are in fact there from 4.16 to 4.20.
So, yes I've read "a lot" about these openCL-Problems too, but none of those "solutions" would do anything for me :cautious: (as for others, as It seems)

• Sad

mastergobbo

Oct 17, 2021
I am absolutelly, terribly sorry. Not. I HAD to do these renders, even if not originally planned to. The pose was just to "have it" for the lighting setup, but, as it always goes - it develops a life of its own.
Therefore, no clothing (except shoes, as they are essential for correct poses) and base-res.
peeper-show01.jpg peeper-show02.jpg peeper-show03.jpg peeper-show04.jpg peeper-show05.jpg peeper-show06.jpg peeper-show07.jpg
peeper-show08_add.jpg peeper-show09_add.jpg peeper-show10_add.jpg