Tool Playnite Extensions (F95zone, DLsite and Fanza)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

erri120

Jul 11, 2020
Playnite 9.15 is out and will log more information, try with the new version and upload the log

dioregul

Oct 17, 2017
Playnite 9.15 is out and will log more information, try with the new version and upload the log
Here is log from new version:

24-01 21:43:43.380|ERROR|ExtensionFactory:Failed to load plugin: F95zone Metadata Provider
24-01 21:43:43.380|ERROR|ExtensionFactory:
System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes()
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
at Playnite.Plugins.ExtensionFactory.<LoadPlugins>d__32.MoveNext() in C:\projects\playnite\source\Playnite\Plugins\ExtensionFactory.cs:line 442
at Playnite.Plugins.ExtensionFactory.LoadPlugins(IPlayniteAPI injectingApi, List`1 ignoreList, Boolean builtInOnly, List`1 externals) in C:\projects\playnite\source\Playnite\Plugins\ExtensionFactory.cs:line 402
24-01 21:43:43.411|ERROR|ExtensionFactory:
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Extensions.Common.PlayniteProperty' from assembly 'Extensions.Common, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

erri120

Jul 11, 2020
Here is log from new version:

24-01 21:43:43.380|ERROR|ExtensionFactory:Failed to load plugin: F95zone Metadata Provider
24-01 21:43:43.380|ERROR|ExtensionFactory:
System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
at Playnite.Plugins.ExtensionFactory.<LoadPlugins>d__32.MoveNext() in C:\projects\playnite\source\Playnite\Plugins\ExtensionFactory.cs:line 442
at Playnite.Plugins.ExtensionFactory.LoadPlugins(IPlayniteAPI injectingApi, List`1 ignoreList, Boolean builtInOnly, List`1 externals) in C:\projects\playnite\source\Playnite\Plugins\ExtensionFactory.cs:line 402
24-01 21:43:43.411|ERROR|ExtensionFactory:
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Extensions.Common.PlayniteProperty' from assembly 'Extensions.Common, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
I can't stress how weird this problem is and since I can't replicate it you need to test some stuff for me. Let's start with the easy one: download the archive and replace the files in the F95ZoneMetadata Extension folder. This might be give me a hint on what's wrong.
The best debugger for this is "fuslogvw" which is the Assembly Binding Log Viewer that comes with Visual Studio. I don't think you have VS installed and this would be a lot of work to debug the problem with this method so it's my last resort. For now, try the uploaded files and see if that results in a different error.

dioregul

Oct 17, 2017
I can't stress how weird this problem is and since I can't replicate it you need to test some stuff for me. Let's start with the easy one: download the archive and replace the files in the F95ZoneMetadata Extension folder. This might be give me a hint on what's wrong.
The best debugger for this is "fuslogvw" which is the Assembly Binding Log Viewer that comes with Visual Studio. I don't think you have VS installed and this would be a lot of work to debug the problem with this method so it's my last resort. For now, try the uploaded files and see if that results in a different error.
I have installed VS Enterprise 2022 v17.0.4.

Also error in log with the new files seems the same.

Code:
24-01 22:51:30.370|ERROR|ExtensionFactory:Failed to load plugin: F95zone Metadata Provider
24-01 22:51:30.370|ERROR|ExtensionFactory:

erri120

Jul 11, 2020
I have installed VS Enterprise 2022 v17.0.4.

Also error in log with the new files seems the same.

Code:
24-01 22:51:30.370|ERROR|ExtensionFactory:Failed to load plugin: F95zone Metadata Provider
If you have VS installed you can open the "Developer Command Prompt for VS 2022" as admin:
1643057937458.png
In the command prompt type "fuslogvw" to open the Assembly Binding Log Viewer where you want to change the settings (make sure the logs folder exists):
1643058008546.png
Now start Playnite and the tool will log the bindings. Go to the logs folder where you want to zip and upload the folders "Default\Playnite.DesktopApp.exe" and "NativeImage\Playnite.DesktopApp.exe".

dioregul

Oct 17, 2017
Now start Playnite and the tool will log the bindings. Go to the logs folder where you want to zip and upload the folders "Default\Playnite.DesktopApp.exe" and "NativeImage\Playnite.DesktopApp.exe".
Logs attached.

erri120

Jul 11, 2020
Logs attached.
It's possible that you have an old version of another plugin installed. The assembly gets loaded from "D:/Program Files/Playnite/Extensions/613c7bba-36e9-437f-858a-3a8478cd489c". What plugin is that? Can you send a screenshot of the Extensions folder, some extension is loading the wrong assembly.

dioregul

Oct 17, 2017
It's possible that you have an old version of another plugin installed. The assembly gets loaded from "D:/Program Files/Playnite/Extensions/613c7bba-36e9-437f-858a-3a8478cd489c". What plugin is that? Can you send a screenshot of the Extensions folder, some extension is loading the wrong assembly.
You was right, that was your old VNDB plugin in the folder, that I forgot about. I removed it, now the new extension loading normally. Thank you.

erri120

Jul 11, 2020
Version 2.2.0 is out and it should fix the version mismatch issue and allow you to map multiple inputs to the same Playnite property.

Reactions: dioregul

Parents' Evening

Apr 25, 2020
Thank you for your hard work!
I noticed that the plugins stopped scraping descriptions. Is there a reason for that?
Also the F95 one always sets the community score to zero for me.

erri120

Jul 11, 2020
I noticed that the plugins stopped scraping descriptions. Is there a reason for that?
I stopped scraping descriptions due to a number of reasons that you find in .
As for the community score, this might be a regression bug. What locale do you use and what is it's floating point string representation? Also link some examples that you tried.

Parents' Evening

Apr 25, 2020
I stopped scraping descriptions due to a number of reasons that you find in .
As for the community score, this might be a regression bug. What locale do you use and what is it's floating point string representation? Also link some examples that you tried.
Oh, ok I understand those reasons.

I use German locale and floats are represented with a colon instead of a point like this: 4,5
Points are only used as thousands separators.

Here are some I tried:
https://f95zone.to/threads/fox-girls-never-play-dirty-v1-03-avantgarde-kagura-games.56553/
https://f95zone.to/threads/succumate-v1-04-04-dojin-otome-kagura-games.66941/
https://f95zone.to/threads/heavy-five-ch-4-remastered-nottravis.23184/

erri120

Jul 11, 2020
Forgot to mention this but the log should contain some error message.

erri120

Jul 11, 2020
2.3.0 is live, should fix your issue. I should probably look into adding my Extensions to the Playnite Extensions Registry for automatic updates...

Sporkington

Mar 12, 2019
I've noticed a few issues with F95 metadata grabbing:
  • The icon will attempt to update to the F95 logo
    • This is pretty much always?
    • This is extremely annoying. I have icons for the majority of the games, and don't need/want them updated. Can this be made an option?
    • Only workaround is to manually re-select the icon every time.
  • Games marked as "Completed" completion status only have their icon updated.
    • This is silly, even if I have completed a game, that doesn't mean I don't want the Metadata if I'm going through to update it.
    • Only workaround is to remove that field, save, rerun, and add the field back.
  • Games with "Completed" in "Features" or "Tags" only have their icon updated
    • This again is silly. Even if a game has been marked as completed, that doesn't mean the media/tags/etc. won't be updated.
    • Only workaround is to clear the specific field, save, then rerun.
  • Games with extra links only have their icon updated.
    • This one is the worst of the three IMHO. I have Kimono links for a very large number of games.
    • Only workaround is to completely remove the extra link(s), save, retry, and add the link(s) back.
I've also noticed the Storage Statistics icon from GameManagement is just a red square? Is that intended?

Note: I'd put these on github as individual issues, but I'm too lazy to create an alt account.

Edit: Updated with another bulletpoint to include a fourth case.

Last edited:

erri120

Jul 11, 2020
I've noticed a few issues with F95 metadata grabbing:
  • The icon will attempt to update to the F95 logo
    • This is pretty much always?
    • This is extremely annoying. I have icons for the majority of the games, and don't need/want them updated. Can this be made an option?
    • Only workaround is to manually re-select the icon every time.
  • Games marked as "Completed" completion status only have their icon updated.
    • This is silly, even if I have completed a game, that doesn't mean I don't want the Metadata if I'm going through to update it.
    • Only workaround is to remove that field, save, rerun, and add the field back.
  • Games with "Completed" in "Features" or "Tags" only have their icon updated
    • This again is silly. Even if a game has been marked as completed, that doesn't mean the media/tags/etc. won't be updated.
    • Only workaround is to clear the specific field, save, then rerun.
  • Games with extra links only have their icon updated.
    • This one is the worst of the three IMHO. I have Kimono links for a very large number of games.
    • Only workaround is to completely remove the extra link(s), save, retry, and add the link(s) back.
I've also noticed the Storage Statistics icon from GameManagement is just a red square? Is that intended?

Note: I'd put these on github as individual issues, but I'm too lazy to create an alt account.

Edit: Updated with another bulletpoint to include a fourth case.
The F95zone Metadata Provider will always use the F95zone icon for games. I can add a setting to disable this behavior.

The other issues you have require some more information. Playnite has 2 modes for grabbing metadata:

1) "manual-mode": in the Edit window you can click the "Download Metadata..." button and select a Metadata Provider which will go do its work and allows you to see all changes to be made.

2) "bulk-mode"/"background download": in the Library screen you can select multiple games then click the Playnite icon, "Library" and "Download Metadata...". This will download the metadata for all selected games in the background.

Which mode did you use? I'm always using the manual mode and the background download mode is tedious to set up. Also did you enable the "Only download missing metadata" option when doing a bulk download?

Also can you make sure that the games have an "F95zone" link? If only the icon updated that can also mean the metadata grabbing failed somehow. Take a look at the logs for more info.

I don't recommend manually editing the games after one of my Providers grabbed the metadata. All Metadata Providers I created will overwrite everything if you use the "bulk-mode". They don't care about previous tags, features, links or whatever. You can always change what fields should be updated in both modes tho I recommend using the "manual-mode" as you can see the values changing.

As for the Storage Statistics icon: that red square is the default icon Playnite will set if I don't provide one. I don't have an image for this so you have to deal with a red square. Also the Extension is not something I recommend using, it's buggy af and would be better off integrated into Playnite directly...

Sporkington

Mar 12, 2019
The F95zone Metadata Provider will always use the F95zone icon for games. I can add a setting to disable this behavior.
A setting would be amazing.

The other issues you have require some more information. Playnite has 2 modes for grabbing metadata:

1) "manual-mode": in the Edit window you can click the "Download Metadata..." button and select a Metadata Provider which will go do its work and allows you to see all changes to be made.

2) "bulk-mode"/"background download": in the Library screen you can select multiple games then click the Playnite icon, "Library" and "Download Metadata...". This will download the metadata for all selected games in the background.

Which mode did you use? I'm always using the manual mode and the background download mode is tedious to set up. Also did you enable the "Only download missing metadata" option when doing a bulk download?
I only ever use Manual Mode. I'm not a fan of bulk mode tbh.

Also can you make sure that the games have an "F95zone" link? If only the icon updated that can also mean the metadata grabbing failed somehow. Take a look at the logs for more info.
They do indeed have the F95zone link. But I am seeing the same behavior even if I set the title as the URL for the appropriate thread.

I don't recommend manually editing the games after one of my Providers grabbed the metadata. All Metadata Providers I created will overwrite everything if you use the "bulk-mode". They don't care about previous tags, features, links or whatever. You can always change what fields should be updated in both modes tho I recommend using the "manual-mode" as you can see the values changing.
The only things I typically edit are:
  • Icon
  • Completion Status
  • Extra links (Kimono/official site/patreon/etc.)
  • Extra actions (alternative start modes for example)
As for the Storage Statistics icon: that red square is the default icon Playnite will set if I don't provide one. I don't have an image for this so you have to deal with a red square. Also the Extension is not something I recommend using, it's buggy af and would be better off integrated into Playnite directly...
Fair enough, I may just kill it off then. Just seemed like a good tool since it allows "uninstalling" of drag and drop game folders, and getting full game folder sizes. I might just plop the existing statistics icon on it.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote