Tool Playnite Extensions (F95zone, DLsite and Fanza)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
OK looks like the Stric Cloud protection is gone and it works fine. But it just doesn't scan the games at Playnite boot up and notify you which have updates. Hopefully this can be fixed somehow.
I'm kind of lost. COuld you tell me what I should do to make the fix work?
I downloaded the fix from Github already, but how should I make Playnite use it?

Gustav_Diovana

Oct 19, 2020
I'm kind of lost. COuld you tell me what I should do to make the fix work?
I downloaded the fix from Github already, but how should I make Playnite use it?
The fix should just be the .pext file from the 'Releases' section on Git (right side of the page.)
If you have that, drag and drop it into the running Playnite window. It will install it and ask you if it can restart it. Do so.
You can now delete the pext as its job is done. Don't delete it until Playnite starts back up (a mistake I made my first time.)

If you downloaded more than just that one file, you got the source files and that's useless for what you're trying to do.

If you got that far and this is all new to you (if not then this part is for new folks who 1st downloaded this) open the Add-on settings and under Extension Settings>Metadata Sources>F95zone make sure you log in. That should be all you need to do.

Following that, as was stated, the search function is still currently borked, so to search metadata manually:
- Add your game (There's enough instructions out there to do this.) I like to drag and drop the root folder.
- Go to the game page here and copy the URL. example: https://f95zone.to/threads/The-game-you're-adding/
- Edit your game entry and add the link under the Links tab.
- Now you should be able to click 'Download Metadata..." and it will have a place to look.

It's a few extra steps, but it's a workaround in the meantime.

• Red Heart
Reactions: BlackAF1 and DrFree

brxn

Sep 25, 2021
New update released, this is difficult to maintain due to the lack of plugin documentation; as a result, I have no idea how "check for updates" would be implemented. Anyways, the new update should have fixed searching, enjoy!

May 23, 2018
New update released, this is difficult to maintain due to the lack of plugin documentation; as a result, I have no idea how "check for updates" would be implemented. Anyways, the new update should have fixed searching, enjoy!
thanks boss

Gustav_Diovana

Oct 19, 2020
Much appreciated friend. The fact that you decided to toss in your hat in the first place has my respect. It was something I was going to try myself but I hadn't a clue where to start.

the gentelman

Sep 16, 2018
Screenshot 2023-05-08 115135.jpg any instructions to install the update? I just dragged the file to playnite and clicked on update when the text box appeared, restarted and I find that it doesn't load anymore. The original version still works.

Gustav_Diovana

Oct 19, 2020
View attachment 2605044 any instructions to install the update? I just dragged the file to playnite and clicked on update when the text box appeared, restarted and I find that it doesn't load anymore. The original version still works.
Uninstall it and try again? I just updated a few minutes ago with no issues, so it might be an issue with your set up, or I got lucky.

You took the correct actions to install it, so that wasn't the issue itself.
1683556985119.png

brxn

Sep 25, 2021
View attachment 2605044 any instructions to install the update? I just dragged the file to playnite and clicked on update when the text box appeared, restarted and I find that it doesn't load anymore. The original version still works.
Could you post your logs at the path: "C:\Users\{YOUR NAME HERE}\AppData\Roaming\Playnite\extensions.log"?

Akalimuanba

Dec 2, 2018
Does anyone have a solution, I tried to download manually and when trying to install I get a package error.

Ragingpeanut

Oct 28, 2020
So if anyone can help me, i tried to add metadata for over an hour now and it doesn't work, i add the game code for example RJ063983 and press download metadata it says searching but nothing happens after, i tried the complete link with the same result. Log file says search return nothing and app keeps downloading while nothing happens until i close.

Edit: After fiddeling around and searching the internet, i Uninstalled Playnite with Revo un-installer as a last resort option and went scorched earth with the cleaner deleting everything. Now it seems to work fine.....so for future people with troubles like me Revo uninstaller seems an valid option.

Edit2: After using the tool for a bit and everything working as intended, i would like to thank the devolopers for creating such an awsome tool.

Last edited:
Reactions: brxn

everyone should love futa

Formerly 'Vupfucati Dulce'
Aug 16, 2022
The fix should just be the .pext file from the 'Releases' section on Git (right side of the page.)
If you have that, drag and drop it into the running Playnite window. It will install it and ask you if it can restart it. Do so.
You can now delete the pext as its job is done. Don't delete it until Playnite starts back up (a mistake I made my first time.)

If you downloaded more than just that one file, you got the source files and that's useless for what you're trying to do.

If you got that far and this is all new to you (if not then this part is for new folks who 1st downloaded this) open the Add-on settings and under Extension Settings>Metadata Sources>F95zone make sure you log in. That should be all you need to do.

Following that, as was stated, the search function is still currently borked, so to search metadata manually:
- Add your game (There's enough instructions out there to do this.) I like to drag and drop the root folder.
- Go to the game page here and copy the URL. example: https://f95zone.to/threads/The-game-you're-adding/
- Edit your game entry and add the link under the Links tab.
- Now you should be able to click 'Download Metadata..." and it will have a place to look.

It's a few extra steps, but it's a workaround in the meantime.
is the plugin still working? i tried to drag the .pext file into the playnite window, but it said "failed to install extension. extension is not packaged properly".

brxn

Sep 25, 2021
is the plugin still working? i tried to drag the .pext file into the playnite window, but it said "failed to install extension. extension is not packaged properly".
Really weird, it works fine for me. Are you using the latest version of Playnite?

Gustav_Diovana

Oct 19, 2020
The plugin hasn't stopped working for me, though I still haven't been able to get the search function to work. I have to manually add the page's link before downloading any metadata. (Not in the search bar, but the actual Links tab, for those reading later.)

I honestly can't say what's happening that causes the install to fail. What I'll do is download the current available .pext and try again. If I can't replicate, it may be a good idea to what Ragingpeanut did above and to a clean reinstall.

You can back up your configs by following the instructions found in Playnight's FAQs page:

Gustav_Diovana

Oct 19, 2020
Ok, I haven't been able to replication the issue. I'd try a full reinstall. Remember to backup everything. You could even try the 'portable' install on a different drive to test, before wiping your original that is.

Aug 16, 2022
The plugin hasn't stopped working for me, though I still haven't been able to get the search function to work. I have to manually add the page's link before downloading any metadata. (Not in the search bar, but the actual Links tab, for those reading later.)

I honestly can't say what's happening that causes the install to fail. What I'll do is download the current available .pext and try again. If I can't replicate, it may be a good idea to what Ragingpeanut did above and to a clean reinstall.

You can back up your configs by following the instructions found in Playnight's FAQs page:
did u replicate it? i have tried installing other plugins manually and succeeded, but still failed to install f95zone pext manually. im using the portable version of playnite, so i cant find playnite in the professional uninstaller. thats really bizarre and annoying. do i have to uninstall the portable version of playnite, and then install it in a non portable way and then uninstall it using a pro uninstaller?

Aug 16, 2022
Really weird, it works fine for me. Are you using the latest version of Playnite?
Ok, I haven't been able to replication the issue. I'd try a full reinstall. Remember to backup everything. You could even try the 'portable' install on a different drive to test, before wiping your original that is.
never mind, i just found the folk version of this plugin from above, and now its able to install. but still unable to search the metadata automatically. given that this situation also occurs in the dlsite plugin, i assume that there maybe something not being updated with playnite in the code. need someone to fix it

edit: after pasting the cookies into the playnite, i am able to search the metadata directly using the name of the game, without pasting the link of the game on f95zone manually. hope it will keep working from now on :)

Last edited:
  • Wow

Aug 16, 2022
do u mind making some improvement for this plugin?
1. the description it fetches seems inaccurate
2. the links it fetches only contain the link of f95zone, but there are still more links inside the page

thanks in advance, for both your previous help and the improvement for this plugin later /heart/heart/heart

Gustav_Diovana

Oct 19, 2020
*snip* after pasting the cookies into the playnite, i am able to search the metadata directly using the name of the game, without pasting the link of the game on f95zone manually. hope it will keep working from now on :)
You SOB, nice find.
I completely forgot that adding your cookies manually was an option.

And good to hear you figured out your issue with the installer.

pooplole69

Jan 23, 2021
Thank you very much!
The original extension was broken, and it seems like is now removed from the in-app add-on list. I was able to find an updated fork of it on github, but that one was borked too. I was at my wits end until I found this thread, but your extension works! Thank you!
It's a bit hard to find though, so a little discoverability might be very much appreciated for the struggling people like me.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote