ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
so i had to go up against a altaria of around lvl 68

I lost even with pikachu having a new evolution

And then it was game over and i got booted back to the main menu

Is that all there is to the game ?

Or do i need to beat that alteria somehow
This encounter is mostly scripted -- after your Pikachu obtains the revolution power you need to use its new skill to give it type combination which will render it immune to incoming attack from Altaria. Altaria's trainer will announce the attack she's planning to use, so you can act accordingly and prepare. Once you successfully tank all attacks Altaria can throw at you, Pikachu will get a special attack. Use it to conclude the fight.

Reactions: michael1984

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
This encounter is mostly scripted -- after your Pikachu obtains the revolution power you need to use its new skill to give it type combination which will render it immune to incoming attack from Altaria. Altaria's trainer will announce the attack she's planning to use, so you can act accordingly and prepare. Once you successfully tank all attacks Altaria can throw at you, Pikachu will get a special attack. Use it to conclude the fight.
Thanks alot gues i was a bit too quick with the battles to understand it fully

Can u give me some tips on wich pokemon to capture as well ? caus i caught a bidew but it had horrible move set cyclar was nothing special either didnt bother with zigzagoon or those nidoran pokemon

Also those electives do u just focuss on 3 of them like those people in the game say

Or should i try all 6 ?

Caus so far i havent had much luck only had a pickachu and charmander and rhyhorn that were more or less decent

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
My knowledge of Pokemon games is very much cursory (i just, quite unexpectedly, really enjoy the cast and writing in this one) so i can't really offer any useful advice on what to catch. If you check earlier posts in the thread, there's a compilation of what Pokemons you can catch in each of game's hunting areas, so this might help you plan, hopefully?

Regarding the electives, the game is quite accurate with its recommendation to, at least as first, mostly stick to no more than 2-3 subjects and make your team from Pokemons which are compatible with these types. Once you catch up with your type studies, i.e. raise the level cap on these types to where the game expects your Pokemons to be at given point (in terms of levels) you can consider branching out to couple more types, for a more flexible roster.

One minor hint, which is a bit of a spoiler: if you don't plan to pick up any Electric type Pokemon other than your Pikachu, then you can pretty much skip leveling up Electric knowledge, and use that time on another type instead.

Oct 18, 2018
Thanks alot gues i was a bit too quick with the battles to understand it fully

Can u give me some tips on wich pokemon to capture as well ? caus i caught a bidew but it had horrible move set cyclar was nothing special either didnt bother with zigzagoon or those nidoran pokemon

Also those electives do u just focuss on 3 of them like those people in the game say

Or should i try all 6 ?

Caus so far i havent had much luck only had a pickachu and charmander and rhyhorn that were more or less decent
You are advised by the game to go deep rather than wide at first. You can get your Pokemon of your fewer (2-3) preferred types to the levels they need to handle things, then worry about taking additional electives to spread out your options.

A lot of people miss this, but in addition to being dropped hints early on, you get an evaluation from Bruno and Alder specifically about this stuff, and in the most recent update Red summarizes it AGAIN when talking to Wally.

BadmanBaxter

May 28, 2019
Hey so I am embarking on a challenge where I will play through 18 times where Will try to primarily do it monotype with Pikachu being an exception. Think like a future gym, elite 4 or champion who is monotype. They will all have characters but the 1 thing that makes this tedious is catching the pokemon with the encounters Want. I intend to fill a team of 6 for now until I can catch a more well rounded monotype team and I am before week 3 think so not done battle team tryouts yet. I play on chromebook using linux but on this I dont know how to access the renpy console to force my encounters which I read a little above and found out is possible. If that is possible on a chromebook can anyone advise me on how to do it as I am a bit newbish when it comes to all this.

alteros

Jul 25, 2018
Is there a console command for editing a pokemon's ability? hunting around for a specific ability isn't fun.

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
As much as i appreciate the overall content & difference to the old project version.
The mystery dungeon section frustrates me to no end.
Its not even the type advantage thing. Its just the ui controles that kill me.
Sometimes double click on "select" then "engage" just ends my turn withouth me using my attack turn at all & range pokemon get a free round of attacks. I try to gain ground for individual classic battles & my backline party memebers get stomped. Its not even stamina or types advt stuff that kills me. Its always hp because either my turn gets skipped or the selected trainer i want to use isnt used. Which in turn leads back to the never ending cycle of ending my turn by trying to target with select & then engage.

Dont get me wrong i will reload no matter how long it takes to rescue all the cast.
But still i pray the next few updates improve the ui/controles for the dungeon parts.

alteros

Jul 25, 2018
As much as i appreciate the overall content & difference to the old project version.
The mystery dungeon section frustrates me to no end.
Its not even the type advantage thing. Its just the ui controles that kill me.
Sometimes double click on "select" then "engage" just ends my turn withouth me using my attack turn at all & range pokemon get a free round of attacks. I try to gain ground for individual classic battles & my backline party memebers get stomped. Its not even stamina or types advt stuff that kills me. Its always hp because either my turn gets skipped or the selected trainer i want to use isnt used. Which in turn leads back to the never ending cycle of ending my turn by trying to target with select & then engage.

Dont get me wrong i will reload no matter how long it takes to rescue all the cast.
But still i pray the next few updates improve the ui/controles for the dungeon parts.
for the select thing, it's because in FE mode you're in move by default. so if you double click select you're telling that unit to stay in place. for this mode it's best to just change pikachu to a ranged or spec attacker and snipe anything before it gets in range. I personally went with dragon rage, power up punch (my team was real weak to steel) and whatever type was good against the dungeon. With this strat, the only time you actually use FE mode is actually if you want to run away if you're surrounded (or if there's a boss that's not designed to be fought in PMD mode).

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018
for this mode it's best to just change pikachu to a ranged or spec attacker and snipe anything before it gets in range.
In the current release of the game, people in the Discord are agreeing that being mixed attacks is best, but that ranged is better than melee. This is partly because there is also a bug with how the melee attacks work.

alteros

Jul 25, 2018
In the current release of the game, people in the Discord are agreeing that being mixed attacks is best, but that ranged is better than melee. This is partly because there is also a bug with how the melee attacks work.
Oh? I actually had no clue there was a bug, what is it?

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Yeah i skipped the dungeon game were u have to rescue some people

Caus i couldnt get passed that stuff i always gotten beaten

Beside the dungeon part its a decent game

But seeing as u cant really go past 3 electives for most of the game so far u missing out on a ton of people to interact with

Also not many great pokemon to use so far ... sure there are alot of pokemon in the game so far but most are not really that great imo

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
for the select thing, it's because in FE mode you're in move by default. so if you double click select you're telling that unit to stay in place. for this mode it's best to just change pikachu to a ranged or spec attacker and snipe anything before it gets in range. I personally went with dragon rage, power up punch (my team was real weak to steel) and whatever type was good against the dungeon. With this strat, the only time you actually use FE mode is actually if you want to run away if you're surrounded (or if there's a boss that's not designed to be fought in PMD mode).

Yeah thats probably the best cheese strat i could do atm moment. Just hope that Pikachu with element change can burst them all with range fast enough. Trying to fight the UI just gets me killed over and over.
But i swear unless i double click none of the move, engage, select or archer button works. This happens to me only in the mystery dungeon. Unless i missclick because the interaction boxes are smaller than the words/button shown on screen.

jffgvz

Jun 29, 2018
Click Tactic PMD to enter FE mode
Move your cursor over the chara you want to do something with
Click SELECT to select him/her

You should see a lot of blue squares, those are the movement range. Move to your desired space. And click SELECT again or just press Enter.

IF you just want to attack normaly. And the enemy is in Range, just click on the enemy. Your selected Character will attack it , Fire-emblem style.

IF you want to engage, click Engage you should see a red rectangle on the spaces adjacent to your selected Character. Click on the enemy inside that rectangle, you will engage it.

IF you are a Ranged unit, you should see a gold Bow button in the bottom right corner. Click on it too see the spaces you can do a range attack (Again, you can see the same for the enemies) click on the desired enemy in range. You will attack it.

Click WAIT to end your turn after moving everyone you want

That´s it. If you are Melee, just park yourself 1 space outside of their movement range, the will move beside you and you can attack next turn.

The most important part is to know the pokemon typing to know who to match with which pokemon. Google it if necesary. If you dont wanna bother too much, You can just change your pikachu to Fly and you will be fine.

It is a known secret that this mode will be used from now on, so its better if you practice with it.

After the fight go back to the PMD mode to walk as a team.

Reactions: Omnom88
Jul 23, 2018
The game has been pretty consistently fantastic, but, this new update. Excuse my language, but what the fuck. This new mini game feature is the freaking worst. They really need to go back and remove it. It doesn't do anything to make the game better, and the everything about the minigame is done terribly. If it was a one and done with your new doormates then okay cool, but then to force it on you for a key storyline event. Idk, I may be the only one that feels this way but I can't foresee anyone realistically liking the feature. If I'm wrong then by all means explain why?

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Yeah the new mini game thats forced on you is a pain in the ass

Its like a dungeon crawler game thats annoying af with the controls

The game would be alot better witout it

The pokemon battles already there were good enough

Now with this mini game were u are forced to rescue 3 cast members is practicly impossible

Other then that the game was fun

Reactions: Kylie Bloodmoon

Donutmaester

Dec 31, 2020
The dungeon crawler mini game isn't really that bad. The controls honestly do suck and that'll be fixed later on, but otherwise it's pretty fun (especially for Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy fans like myself). It is also pretty important because it provides two important things to the game.
1: It gives players access to more items that can be sold for more money, given away as gifts to improve relationships with characters that are not a part of selected electives or be used to boost your pokemon, and for any lucky bastards like myself could recieve the keystone necessary to obtain Spiritomb in future updates. (Keystone has around a 1.8% chance of appearing for anyone curious).
2: The mechanic is mostly for Squad Battles that are the main focus of QQ2 and is the best solution that doesn't involve reworking the entire game on the Unreal engine or Unity. After QQ2 maybe it'll be shutdown for good, but until then prepare for grind.
Now, on the flipside concerning the diffculty of the minigame, I don't want to sound rude but anyone having a hard time might want to turn off the minigame at your first possible chance, because honestly compared to the images shared by beta testers this is like getting a hug from an ashy baby while beta testers were getting slammed face first onto the concrete with sharp rusty rebar poking out 100 times.

Donutmaester

Dec 31, 2020
Forgot to mention for any eeveelution fans out there, because of the moss stones in the mingame you'll now be able to obtain the great Leafeon through usage of the original evolution method.

4.70 star(s) 10 Votes