VN Ren'Py Pokemon Academy Life Forever [v05.11.2024] [Pokémon Visual]

4.70 star(s) 10 Votes

Thedude715

Nov 6, 2017
Hm I got a new pc since last time I played this so I had to start over.
As the game does not allow you to skip unread text or set text speed to instant getting back is a spam clickling slog sadly.
But more importantly though Ethan is very much still in the game and copies both your mons and classes so I don't know what the changelog means?

Edit: Asked in the discord the Ethan changelog is just a meme :confused:

Last edited:

Angel1984

Game Developer
Jul 25, 2020
As the game does not allow you to skip unread text or set text speed to instant getting back is a spam clickling slog sadly.
But more importantly though Ethan is very much still in the game and copies both your mons and classes so I don't know what the changelog means?
yeah you and me both.... i feel you..

Reactions: Thedude715

illogicallity

Jun 22, 2023
This game doesn't have patrons. There's no monetary donations involved. The dev does this because they want to. Community members will sometimes commission and then donate new art assets, but the dev doesn't request any such things.
Yeah, trying to monetize a pokemon fan game is the quickest way to get a c&d from Nintendo. So many unfinished Pokemon fan games that tried to go that route and are now abandoned after Nintendo went after them. They really don't screw around. For the most part, they leave unmonetized fan games alone, thankfully.

BadmanBaxter

May 28, 2019

Edit: Asked in the discord the Ethan changelog is just a meme :confused:
I had to do the same but for me I could in options change the settings to allow the skip button to skip unseen dialogue

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
Can someone tell me what pokemon are in the game currently and where can we find them?
The Discord for the game apparently has encounter lists, and there's also a handy dandy compilation of all the console commands/encounter lists that I've seen posted here somewhere in the pages. And it's easily found by using the handy dandy search bar in the upper right corner.

Reactions: QuestionableTree

Thedude715

Nov 6, 2017
I had to do the same but for me I could in options change the settings to allow the skip button to skip unseen dialogue
Huh yeah you are right either I was blind yesterday or the option to skip all is not there before you have a save file maybe? Thanks either way made me look again.

Reactions: BadmanBaxter

jffgvz

Jun 29, 2018
For gameplay reasons this is more lika a persona/pokemon game more than a straight pokemon game. Solid 4.5* game, though. Pretty neat.

CF15

Aug 19, 2019
Is there going to be an option to skip the Mystery Dungeon sections? From what I've played they're buggy and unfun.

Also I've run into bug where if you save in Blue's game it caused some of my saves to revert to that point even if overwritten, it also seemed to disable rollback.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018
Is there going to be an option to skip the Mystery Dungeon sections? From what I've played they're buggy and unfun.

Also I've run into bug where if you save in Blue's game it caused some of my saves to revert to that point even if overwritten, it also seemed to disable rollback.
Reporting bugs here doesn't help anything, but you should probably save BEFORE dungeons instead of during them.

The Mystery Dungeon stuff isn't really all that buggy, it's just clunky. Taking advantage of ranged attacks instead of just bashing into something helps a lot, and so does engaging foes directly to battle them properly rather than let your more limited pool take all the damage.

CF15

Aug 19, 2019
Reporting bugs here doesn't help anything, but you should probably save BEFORE dungeons instead of during them.

The Mystery Dungeon stuff isn't really all that buggy, it's just clunky. Taking advantage of ranged attacks instead of just bashing into something helps a lot, and so does engaging foes directly to battle them properly rather than let your more limited pool take all the damage.
Well lesson learned and a good warning to others.

As for the Mystery Dungeon stuff I'll give it another shot when they fix it up a bit, but I would rather they focus on improving the battle system as thats still rough.

Still its just my opinion and I've enjoyed the game for the most part.

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
so i had to go up against a altaria of around lvl 68

I lost even with pikachu having a new evolution

And then it was game over and i got booted back to the main menu

Is that all there is to the game ?

Or do i need to beat that alteria somehow

Donutmaester

Dec 31, 2020
so i had to go up against a altaria of around lvl 68

I lost even with pikachu having a new evolution

And then it was game over and i got booted back to the main menu

Is that all there is to the game ?

Or do i need to beat that alteria somehow
Could you explain further, like did the immunities not work or do you not know the immunities necessary to win?

4.70 star(s) 10 Votes