• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RPGM PokéThroat [v0.2] [Berber86]

Berber86

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2023
Are you serious?
How people can even be hyped for this?
It looks pretty much like a ROM with SDT on top of it.
Yes that's exactly it.
I don't pretend to make an unforgettable game, just a little Pokémon game with a little "fun" side because I love this license and it keeps me busy.
And it's a Nintendo license so at any time, I have to stop everything because Nintendo tells me to stop everything.
So it will indeed remain a game that perfectly matches this description :)

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
Yes that's exactly it.
I don't pretend to make an unforgettable game, just a little Pokémon game with a little "fun" side because I love this license and it keeps me busy.
And it's a Nintendo license so at any time, I have to stop everything because Nintendo tells me to stop everything.
So it will indeed remain a game that perfectly matches this description :)
Awesome. As long as you don't have the new scaling XP the newer games do that Clover also does. I want to spam kill zubats for 20 levels without being punished. :KEK:

Edit: >Scaled XP (FUCK)

Aw shit MC gets his mom sucking off Oak in the very start. PAIN. (Oak saying you're his grandson Green/Blue now... :WaitWhat: I guess it checks out with all the hoes he has in the anime :LUL: But we using Red's sprite/art gotta get tweaked or just have it be MC getting sucked off by her at start instead maybe as a fix. )

Last edited:
Reactions: ajthebluenjinja

Spannung23

Feb 10, 2021
I went into the first building and one guy says "...Another boy..." with the other "...Oak...Girl...Pleasure..:"

I felt a bit like "Is this an Escape of Lavender town kind of troll game that turns quick into horror?"

Guipa

Feb 24, 2020
Do you get running shoes at all in the game? Cause if it's gonna be all at walking speeds it's gonna get tiring real quick
Also maybe add a dexnav function to help with encountering specific pokemon and/or ev training?

Reactions: Gojii

Zbork

Feb 4, 2018
Seems fun overall, but much too grindy for my taste. Needs significantly faster levelling as currently it's a long stretch of repetitive battling for a ten-second animation. The slogging back and forth to heal between battles is presumably authentic but I found it very boring. Hope for a less-grindy version.

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
Seems fun overall, but much too grindy for my taste. Needs significantly faster levelling as currently it's a long stretch of repetitive battling for a ten-second animation. The slogging back and forth to heal between battles is presumably authentic but I found it very boring. Hope for a less-grindy version.
Main problem is it uses the new leveling system which nerfs the xp the more you grind past the current pokemon levels rather than the flat amount you'd get in older ones, making it even more of a slog having to grind through the whole game bit by bit.

Reactions: Zbork

Nexor6

Aug 8, 2018
imma be honest i thought it wouldnt be just pictures but actually sdt integration as in it plays sdt in scenes. Disappointment

Berber86

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2023
imma be honest i thought it wouldnt be just pictures but actually sdt integration as in it plays sdt in scenes. Disappointment
I would have liked too but it's technically impossible. SDT runs under Flash which is not supported at all and the game itself is developed with an old version of RPG Maker which absolutely does not support Flash in any way. So if you find me a way to mix the two, I will make that mixture. But I doubt it exists and it would take too much time to create from scratch when we're talking about a little free "game" ^^

Otherwise, for those interested, I will soon release 0.2 with some nice additions and the rest of the adventure. I think there will be a 0.3 before the final 1.0 with the full base adventure.

Reactions: Gojii

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
I would have liked too but it's technically impossible. SDT runs under Flash which is not supported at all and the game itself is developed with an old version of RPG Maker which absolutely does not support Flash in any way. So if you find me a way to mix the two, I will make that mixture. But I doubt it exists and it would take too much time to create from scratch when we're talking about a little free "game" ^^

Otherwise, for those interested, I will soon release 0.2 with some nice additions and the rest of the adventure. I think there will be a 0.3 before the final 1.0 with the full base adventure.
I'm fully behind it if you've got the older leveling mechanic (Pre Sun/moon) which doesn't punish early game grinding so the mid/later game isnt a slog of continually having to every area.