POLL: Do you want to change the skin color of your MC? (white, brown, or black)

Do you want to change the skin color of your MC? (white, brown, or black)

• YES: Let me choose from [WHITE], [BROWN], or [BLACK] skin, for my MC. It's very important to me.

Votes: 127 44.9%
  • YES: Let me choose from [WHITE] or [BLACK] skin, for my MC. It's very important to me.

Votes: 14 4.9%
  • NO: Leave MC as [TAN WHITE] skin tone only. Spend more time on sexy renders for the love interests.

Votes: 55 19.4%
  • NO: Leave MC as [PALE WHITE] skin tone only. Spend more time on sexy renders for the love interests.

Votes: 50 17.7%
  • NO: Leave MC as [BROWN] skin tone only. Spend more time on sexy renders for the love interests.

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • NO: Leave MC as [BLACK] skin tone only. Spend more time on sexy renders for the love interests.

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • OTHER: I'll respond in the thread with my thoughts.

Votes: 23 8.1%

• Total voters

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
Do you want to change the skin tone of your MC, or would you rather the dev spend more time creating sexy renders for the love interests?

I ask for the sake of immersion. The more you can customize your MC, the easier it is to self insert and feel a connection with your MC.

SatinAndIvory

Jan 22, 2023
I don't really care what race the MC is. I'm Asian and I play these games (western VN's) and I'm hardly "represented". Even the game I'm making, I'm not even making an Asian MC because I just don't care for it. Immersion doesn't mean that I have to have a character that looks like me on the screen, that shits kinda creepy and stupid. Good writing will get me to immerse in a character, regardless of race, background, or even sex.

kintarodev

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2022
I personally think it a basic thing most games lack. I understand why when it's about renders, although I can also imagine economic solutions to that. But when it's about 3D games, if we are talking about people, not furrys, aliens, or wathever, I see no excuse to not add it.

Chalker

Aug 8, 2018
Just make the mc how you want to make them.

If your making a VN with three options of mc (that doesnt impact the story, only visual) you are effectively tripling the time it takes to render or draw each scene for little to no reason.

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
I think good writing makes for better immersion than the color of the MC's package.

If the author can make the MC compelling and interesting, then I'll take that over a boring MC who just so happens to share my skin shade.

Reactions: hakarlman and Lerd0

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I don't really care what race the main character is. Having the option to switch races might be nice if it didn't take any time or effort on the dev's part and thus didn't cost anything from the standpoint of how much content you're getting, but that's not the way it works. So given the choice between a main character with multiple race options or a fixed race but significantly more content I'll take the extra content every time.

Seittitgib

Mar 26, 2018
I would say it depends on how much it delay future development. It'd be nice to have at least 1 other option than default.

Last edited:
Reactions: hakarlman
Oct 14, 2022
I dont really care option is missing.
My viewpoint is simple:
Is it a game that cater to my fetishes.
I can ignore how the mc look.
Sure i prefer white because i am white.
But if the girls are sexy and the stories are good.
How the mc looks isnt important.
But if your willing to go the extra mile for immersion go right ahead.
More options is always good.