VN Ren'Py Portal Trials Virtus Ascent [v0.1] [Seeidont]

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
> create AI
> turns on you
> almost go extinct
> create AI

Why would humanity do this? Are they stupid?
You'd be surprised, and frankly it might be the only logical way to do so, ever heard the expression 'beat fire with fire' if you created something like Skynet, considering it can basically inhabit any computers on the planet, like they mentioned in T3, creating another AI to fight it would reliably be the best option available. You need to have something that can fight the AI in the Cyberspace to be able to hunt down any specs of Skynet to end it permanently.

Its the part that was sensible in The Sarah Connor Chronicles, the notion at the end they needed an AI on their side to beat Skynet, except they decided it somehow required for said AI to take the body of John Connor's Terminator Waifu. Which was the part that clearly was meant to force a continuity to the series that never happened.

AlBetGam

Feb 22, 2018
You'd be surprised, and frankly it might be the only logical way to do so, ever heard the expression 'beat fire with fire' if you created something like Skynet, considering it can basically inhabit any computers on the planet, like they mentioned in T3, creating another AI to fight it would reliably be the best option available. You need to have something that can fight the AI in the Cyberspace to be able to hunt down any specs of Skynet to end it permanently.

Its the part that was sensible in The Sarah Connor Chronicles, the notion at the end they needed an AI on their side to beat Skynet, except they decided it somehow required for said AI to take the body of John Connor's Terminator Waifu. Which was the part that clearly was meant to force a continuity to the series that never happened.
Fighting fire with fire works because the people doing it know how to set carefully controlled fires that won't do things they're not supposed to. If the fire you're trying to fight with is something you don't know how to control (like a hypercapable and fully sentient AI), you just wind up with a lot more fire.

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
I dunno why, but after seeing the 3 females on the banner I expected the MC to have spiky blonde hair

Sep 9, 2020
I mean, it looks amazing. However I can't follow this only to be abandoned after 2 updates. If it pops up in the feed in like a year maybe I'll believe.