clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
Please do.

The only ways I know of are using +5 starting genes on a starting unit, using the very limited king potions, which can't be in enough quantity for a full team worth of units, and ONE trait, that is not exactly easy to get/put on every single of your units.

I'm taking any other advice for someone starting out, that would need to use more advanced mechanics to learrn the game in depth, especially gene manipulation, beeding, and everything of the sort.
When you look at your starter units on their menu page, there's an option to spend 50 Stamina from your hero to raise the unit's level by 1, up to the maximum of 20. So your starters can go up very easily; better raise their other genes or buy some useful traits than raise their level at character creation. Their other genes and traits won't stay as relevant longer-term, but good enough for a 30-day game.

Max level of a unit is also a gene, so it can be raised like others through breeding (up to 20). It's the most basic way, takes time, but it works. Remember you can get up to +2 to each gene on an egg at the cost of egg stability, on top of the natural chance for the gene to roll higher than its parent units.

And then as said by Tehlemon, the more advanced (and efficient way, because they get double XP) is to raise spirit creatures to fuse onto your battle units. It's good to do that to a couple of breeding units so you can get an army of stat-maxed people soon after.

You'll get the hang of it after a couple of tries.

Azraeth

Oct 16, 2018
The real trick to maxing out the max level stat is the Spirit creatures. The base spirits, when they hit max level you can reset them back to zero. Each time you do, they get an increased max level. Just by spawning a spirit and then using the arena training option you can boost one to level 20 in a few days time.

Once you have a spirit you want to use, you can fuse it with another creature to create a new version of that creature that has the same max level as your spirit.

They're also the easy way to max out stats, or give creature crazy perk combos, and whatnot, through various means.
As far as i'm aware, my spirits, are stuck at lvl 12 max though, after a few reshapes. Might need a perk with one of the druid skills then.

When you look at your starter units on their menu page, there's an option to spend 50 Stamina from your hero to raise the unit's level by 1, up to the maximum of 20. So your starters can go up very easily; better raise their other genes or buy some useful traits than raise their level at character creation. Their other genes and traits won't stay as relevant longer-term, but good enough for a 30-day game.

Max level of a unit is also a gene, so it can be raised like others through breeding (up to 20). It's the most basic way, takes time, but it works. Remember you can get up to +2 to each gene on an egg at the cost of egg stability, on top of the natural chance for the gene to roll higher than its parent units.

And then as said by Tehlemon, the more advanced (and efficient way, because they get double XP) is to raise spirit creatures to fuse onto your battle units. It's good to do that to a couple of breeding units so you can get an army of stat-maxed people soon after.

You'll get the hang of it after a couple of tries.
I don't remember this option. I can learn a trait from then, or give them a trait, but not increase their level, so that too might need a perk from a skill?

And yeah, as I though, breeding, heh. I'll need to look on that part very soon.

I'm playing a "free" game now, so I have time to try those mechanics freely and learn about them anyway.

I'll try what you all said.
But that's still very unclear to me right now.

Also, I still have a hard time to see how one can do SO MUCH in so little time; 30 days for a very short game time is, well, short, and doesn't leave you mich trial and error, especially with portals exploration, as one can eazsily take me 3-4 days to explore anyway.

If you have any other random tips like those ones.... I'll gladly take them!

(Also, can't seem to get the trigger for that unique harpy to show up, the wiki says I need 5 eggs in the same hatchery room for her to show up next day, but never works for me...)

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
As far as i'm aware, my spirits, are stuck at lvl 12 max though, after a few reshapes. Might need a perk with one of the druid skills then.

I don't remember this option. I can learn a trait from then, or give them a trait, but not increase their level, so that too might need a perk from a skill?

And yeah, as I though, breeding, heh. I'll need to look on that part very soon.

I'm playing a "free" game now, so I have time to try those mechanics freely and learn about them anyway.

I'll try what you all said.
But that's still very unclear to me right now.

Also, I still have a hard time to see how one can do SO MUCH in so little time; 30 days for a very short game time is, well, short, and doesn't leave you mich trial and error, especially with portals exploration, as one can eazsily take me 3-4 days to explore anyway.

(Also, can't seem to get the trigger for that unique harpy to show up, the wiki says I need 5 eggs in the same hatchery room for her to show up next day, but never works for me...)
The wiki isn't 100% up to date, so take things with a pinch of salt. Maybe more eggs, maybe the room needs to be upgraded to the max?

As for the time limit... i can spend up to 1h real time on 1 game day depending on what i'm doing and if i want to play optimally. If I do things right, I'm usually able to get a full team of lvl 20/10 genes by day 26-28 to wreak havoc upon my enemies. There's the home activities (brothel, fishing, hunting), farm, explorations, crafting, arena, quests (King and Insect Queen) to balance, but it's manageable.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Huh, weird. You didn't evolve them in any way? I'm still able to continually reset them up to level 20 on the current version, playing Evo at least.

Short is *really* hard, in my opinion. I always play medium, just to give myself more time. I usually get to the point where I have like half a month where I'm just rushing through it, but short is just way too little time for me.

Here's the best other tip I can give you for making winning easy: The insect queen has a quest. If you level the guard you can hire up to like, level 8 or 10 she'll give you the option to turn in insects for a reward.

If you hatch insects in an Energizing room, they can be turned in immediately after hatching.

One of the rewards is decreasing your rivals power. Zero power rivals are really easy lol

Second tip, if you're playing Evo, light affinity mixed with the trainer profession makes chaining games to clear challenge ranks really easy. When I was trying to win as quickly as possible this is the combo I took. Both give leveling boosts, so you can basically get level 20 creatures incredibly quickly. And light affinity lets you spawn holy spirits which I found to be the easiest way to fill up the brothel super early. You can get one on day two or three. And it's really easy to stack all the brothel score bonuses on them.

That harpy you're asking about, I have no idea how you get her to spawn. I just breed stuff at random and she just shows up. I honestly have no idea what triggers it, and I've never been able to figure it out.

Azraeth

Oct 16, 2018
Huh, weird. You didn't evolve them in any way? I'm still able to continually reset them up to level 20 on the current version, playing Evo at least.
They do have their "Starter" trait that indeed says I can spend stamina to raise their level, but I don't see anywhere the options of doing so. So yeah, at best I'm stuck with a lvl 15 starter unit.

Short is *really* hard, in my opinion. I always play medium, just to give myself more time. I usually get to the point where I have like half a month where I'm just rushing through it, but short is just way too little time for me.
I might try that then. 30 days is really too short to really do anything, even if that is really 30+10, but yeah.

Here's the best other tip I can give you for making winning easy: The insect queen has a quest. If you level the guard you can hire up to like, level 8 or 10 she'll give you the option to turn in insects for a reward.

If you hatch insects in an Energizing room, they can be turned in immediately after hatching.

One of the rewards is decreasing your rivals power. Zero power rivals are really easy lol
I didn't know about that either. Good tip worth trying then, thanks!
I probably missed a lot about the "rival" power, and that's why the fights in the end dungeon were much more harder than any of ther fights I had so far, to the point I couldn't even do anything at all.

Second tip, if you're playing Evo, light affinity mixed with the trainer profession makes chaining games to clear challenge ranks really easy. When I was trying to win as quickly as possible this is the combo I took. Both give leveling boosts, so you can basically get level 20 creatures incredibly quickly. And light affinity lets you spawn holy spirits which I found to be the easiest way to fill up the brothel super early. You can get one on day two or three. And it's really easy to stack all the brothel score bonuses on them.
I haven't tried any other MC than the Druid so far; I wanted to learn about one at least before tying another one.

That harpy you're asking about, I have no idea how you get her to spawn. I just breed stuff at random and she just shows up. I honestly have no idea what triggers it, and I've never been able to figure it out.
Yeap...
I noticed that. For most of the said events and trigger, in the end, it just "happens". You don't always know when or why, but it does. Or it doesn't. Which is more concerning.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
They do have their "Starter" trait that indeed says I can spend stamina to raise their level, but I don't see anywhere the options of doing so. So yeah, at best I'm stuck with a lvl 15 starter unit.
Oh sorry, I think that's the misunderstanding.

When I say spirits, I mean the ones your MC can spawn, not your starter characters. If you click the character portrait in the bottom left, one of the options you should have is the ability to spawn a spirit for stamina. You can also buy them from the tavern or catch them, but spawning your own is the easiest way to get good ones. Look for the spirit trait, it'll be in the same spot loyal shows up for the starters.

Those you can raise to level 20 really easily.

I didn't know about that either. Good tip worth trying then, thanks!
I probably missed a lot about the "rival" power, and that's why the fights in the end dungeon were much more harder than any of ther fights I had so far, to the point I couldn't even do anything at all.
The endgame dungeon will still be tough, it only affects fights with the rivals specifically. So at the end of artifact dungeons or the final dungeon when you face them. The difficulty of the mobs is based on the zones hostility level.

Basically you'll end up with a hard dungeon to get to them, and then they'll be push overs lol

I mostly use it for keeping them weak for artifact runs.

I haven't tried any other MC than the Druid so far; I wanted to learn about one at least before tying another one.
That's fair. I tried them all once and liked Evo the most, so I stuck with her. Even after beating everything with all of them, I still prefer Evo, since I think she has the most fun interactions with the other characters. Plus her special forms are all super fun.

Yeap...
I noticed that. For most of the said events and trigger, in the end, it just "happens". You don't always know when or why, but it does. Or it doesn't. Which is more concerning.
Yeah. I'm sure there's some underlying logic there, but I don't know what they all are.

Azraeth

Oct 16, 2018
Oh sorry, I think that's the misunderstanding.

When I say spirits, I mean the ones your MC can spawn, not your starter characters. If you click the character portrait in the bottom left, one of the options you should have is the ability to spawn a spirit for stamina. You can also buy them from the tavern or catch them, but spawning your own is the easiest way to get good ones. Look for the spirit trait, it'll be in the same spot loyal shows up for the starters.

Those you can raise to level 20 really easily.
No, no. Real, starter units, that do get the traits.
But I figured why I think.
Both for those units, and for my spirits, I had them on a "freeplay" game, where I've been told the difficulty scales, and thus the levels too. I'm limited in term of levels, because I did not clear strong enough potals to "unlock" more levels for my units and spirits. I'll try to clear some and see if I can get them to get higher levels.

The endgame dungeon will still be tough, it only affects fights with the rivals specifically. So at the end of artifact dungeons or the final dungeon when you face them. The difficulty of the mobs is based on the zones hostility level.

Basically you'll end up with a hard dungeon to get to them, and then they'll be push overs lol

I mostly use it for keeping them weak for artifact runs.
I see.
So I still need a strong team to clear the dungon, because that's exactly what wiped my team in the first place, normal, first fight of the dungeon... Oh well. I'm learning!

That's fair. I tried them all once and liked Evo the most, so I stuck with her. Even after beating everything with all of them, I still prefer Evo, since I think she has the most fun interactions with the other characters. Plus her special forms are all super fun.
I need to try other characters then.

I'm not sure if it's better to let go of a character I haven't tried everything for yet though, and try someone else.
But again, I didn't find so many great things about the druid either; he's a great jack of all trades, but, strong units rrender him pretty useless in my team, very fast. Be it in term of damage, healing, and leaving only some support role for him.

Maybe I should try some of the others...

What's good about Evo then...? What can she do, or can't do?

Yeah. I'm sure there's some underlying logic there, but I don't know what they all are.
Plus the non accurate wikia for many things, so yeah...
I do get some maybe newer chars, not even on there, while not even being sure of how I did get them, and what I can do witth them. Like that lust damage based human girl.

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019

I'm not sure if it's better to let go of a character I haven't tried everything for yet though, and try someone else.
But again, I didn't find so many great things about the druid either; he's a great jack of all trades, but, strong units rrender him pretty useless in my team, very fast. Be it in term of damage, healing, and leaving only some support role for him.

You're going to need to play each MC at least once if you want to find the alternate ending on your own without spoiling yourself. They all have their own story and interactions as well.

Viridion the Druid is the prince of the kingdom; he doesn't need to complete the King's quests, his leveling has that classic RPG style, he's got his own special summons (seedlings), and unique interactions and storyline (notably with his father, which is kinda dark if you get down to it and follow a bit of the lore).
Nila (Evolution) is M-fin Darwin on steroids, able to copy/paste traits on units better than you can on keyboard with macros. She can transform herself into any other unit she's met intimately, unlock special forms, and even go full-chimera with the parts she's "learned". If you've read the intro, you'll know she and Siena (Creation) are lovers, and playing as Nila you have your own personal quest to save your lover from Hebi (the remnant spirit of the god of creation, like Nila has the remnant of evolution). Her leveling depends on her current form and level only.
Siena (creation) can breathe life into matter, creating units from nothing, and has her own unique line of units (Tanid/slimes). You can remain pure or make pacts with Hebi and corrupt yourself for more power. Her leveling depends on her level, leveling type (support, magic, endurance, strength...) and her genes (so have a plan at character creation!). Siena has a unique game end, that lets you affect all subsequent runs of the game via a selectable "world modifier".

Their gameplay and win/snowball conditions are all unique and will make you change the way you play. Difficulty wise, Creation is the hardest to get rolling, Evolution and Druid are much easier. BTW since you're playing Viridion, have you challenged your own father yet? That's one of the main things about playing as him to open up the gameplay and power ramp.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
No, no. Real, starter units, that do get the traits.
But I figured why I think.
Both for those units, and for my spirits, I had them on a "freeplay" game, where I've been told the difficulty scales, and thus the levels too. I'm limited in term of levels, because I did not clear strong enough potals to "unlock" more levels for my units and spirits. I'll try to clear some and see if I can get them to get higher levels.
I can't tell if we're talking about the same thing or not. What I'm talking about is the ability to get one of your characters up to max level 20, which is really easy to do with the summoned spirits. Outside of taking a starting trait that I'd recommend avoiding, you don't start with any spirits summoned.

The max level you can get a spirit up to has nothing to do with portal hostility or any scaling. I've had max level 20 spirit on day three without ever entering a portal.
1622061675441.png
Capture2.PNG

Each time you level one of these up to max without using the Evolve options, you can use the Reshape option. That'll give it +3 max level. If I were to reshape this one 5 times, it's max level would be 20. Then I can use the fusion menu on the farm to give that max level to another character.

I'd just look at them all. They all have a general playstyle you can pick up on that are very different.
The druid is all about making himself stronger. You do this by farming XP and switching up which skill tree you're leveling
Crea seems to be all about making and customizing new units.
Evo is all about customizing existing units and herself, which, in my opinion, is the best of both worlds

For the last two, you get skill points through a ritual skill, instead of through normal XP grinding. This is going to sound way more complicated than it actually is as I write it... You get skill points in each category by performing the ritual action on different characters. Your total skill points is based on the max level of each species combo you ritual. So if you use ritual with a max level 10 lava/lava girl, you'll get 10 points in the lava tree. If you find a max level 15 lava/lava girl after that, you'll get an additional 5 points, because you already had 10 in that category. If you find a max level 10 lava/shadow, you'll get another 10 in lava, and 10 in shadow. So you're constantly looking for higher max level versions of basically every species combo.

For Evo, I really like her specific stuff. I love being able to modify every characters perks without having destroy them through fusion or changing them to a new species (which breaks unique characters). I also love her shape changing system. The special hybrids all have unique forms that give you unique abilities sets. She has her own super strong special forms. And she has the chimera form which has the potential to be super broken. I always end up using this to max out my magic stat so that spirits spawn with level 9/10 genes off the bat. And if you get the telekinesis perk from the library, it basically turns you into a murder machine.

it also really encourages you to find a large variety in characters. You constantly need more species combos to get skill points, which also gives you easy library turn ins. And you constantly want to find new perks to spread around, so you're always looking for characters with the perks you're hunting for.

Plus nothing is locked out for Evo. I kept running into things I wanted to do but couldn't on the other two.

Plus the non accurate wikia for many things, so yeah...
I do get some maybe newer chars, not even on there, while not even being sure of how I did get them, and what I can do witth them. Like that lust damage based human girl.
I mostly ignore the wiki for anything other than looking up spell combos for creating new spells. It's missing a ton of info, and despite my love of writing wayyyy tooo long of forum posts, I can never keep myself interested in updating wikis lol

Edit: FIXING MY FORMATTING!

Oh another tip!

Fishing and milking are your friends. If you don't have another use for a character, have them doing one or the other. XP potions are awesome, look up what you need for them lol

Last edited:

Azraeth

Oct 16, 2018
You're going to need to play each MC at least once if you want to find the alternate ending on your own without spoiling yourself. They all have their own story and interactions as well.
I'll give it a try then.
That's the better way of learning after all, even though I still haven't tried even a third of the druid actual skills yet.

Their gameplay and win/snowball conditions are all unique and will make you change the way you play. Difficulty wise, Creation is the hardest to get rolling, Evolution and Druid are much easier. BTW since you're playing Viridion, have you challenged your own father yet? That's one of the main things about playing as him to open up the gameplay and power ramp.
I haven't; I noticed you could from the start, but...
I have a feeling it's maybe for a "quick alternative ending" or something like that.
I should try in my freeplay that too.

I can't tell if we're talking about the same thing or not. What I'm talking about is the ability to get one of your characters up to max level 20, which is really easy to do with the summoned spirits. Outside of taking a starting trait that I'd recommend avoiding, you don't start with any spirits summoned.

The max level you can get a spirit up to has nothing to do with portal hostility or any scaling. I've had max level 20 spirit on day three without ever entering a portal.
View attachment 1214679
View attachment 1214681

Each time you level one of these up to max without using the Evolve options, you can use the Reshape option. That'll give it +3 max level. If I were to reshape this one 5 times, it's max level would be 20. Then I can use the fusion menu on the farm to give that max level to another character.
Yes.
Both of them were indeed locked.
I just cleared a higher level portal, and now, both my spirits AND my two "starter" units CAN level up to lvl 17.
I guess I need just a little higer yet portal, and then, I'll be able to reach the level 20.
Up until now, it was locked to lvl 12.

I'd just look at them all. They all have a general playstyle you can pick up on that are very different.
The druid is all about making himself stronger. You do this by farming XP and switching up which skill tree you're leveling
Crea seems to be all about making and customizing new units.
Evo is all about customizing existing units and herself, which, in my opinion, is the best of both worlds

For the last two, you get skill points through a ritual skill, instead of through normal XP grinding. This is going to sound way more complicated than it actually is as I write it... You get skill points in each category by performing the ritual action on different characters. Your total skill points is based on the max level of each species combo you ritual. So if you use ritual with a max level 10 lava/lava girl, you'll get 10 points in the lava tree. If you find a max level 15 lava/lava girl after that, you'll get an additional 5 points, because you already had 10 in that category. If you find a max level 10 lava/shadow, you'll get another 10 in lava, and 10 in shadow. So you're constantly looking for higher max level versions of basically every species combo.

For Evo, I really like her specific stuff. I love being able to modify every characters perks without having destroy them through fusion or changing them to a new species (which breaks unique characters). I also love her shape changing system. The special hybrids all have unique forms that give you unique abilities sets. She has her own super strong special forms. And she has the chimera form which has the potential to be super broken. I always end up using this to max out my magic stat so that spirits spawn with level 9/10 genes off the bat. And if you get the telekinesis perk from the library, it basically turns you into a murder machine.

it also really encourages you to find a large variety in characters. You constantly need more species combos to get skill points, which also gives you easy library turn ins. And you constantly want to find new perks to spread around, so you're always looking for characters with the perks you're hunting for.

Plus nothing is locked out for Evo. I kept running into things I wanted to do but couldn't on the other two.

I mostly ignore the wiki for anything other than looking up spell combos for creating new spells. It's missing a ton of info, and despite my love of writing wayyyy tooo long of forum posts, I can never keep myself interested in updating wikis lol

Edit: FIXING MY FORMATTING!

Oh another tip!

Fishing and milking are your friends. If you don't have another use for a character, have them doing one or the other. XP potions are awesome, look up what you need for them lol
Thanks, so many tips. I really notice that this game has WAY TO MANY things to try for me right now.
It's both a good, and a bad thing.
I should be working on my developer skills more, and do less monster girls breeding for sure. :p

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Yes.
Both of them were indeed locked.
I just cleared a higher level portal, and now, both my spirits AND my two "starter" units CAN level up to lvl 17.
I guess I need just a little higer yet portal, and then, I'll be able to reach the level 20.
Up until now, it was locked to lvl 12.
Weird

Did you take the difficulty trait that prevents you from summoning new ones or something? Or the starter trait that gives you two to start with? Maybe those two fucky or something. I've literally never been unable to reshape them all the way to 20 immediately.

Azraeth

Oct 16, 2018
Weird

Did you take the difficulty trait that prevents you from summoning new ones or something? Or the starter trait that gives you two to start with? Maybe those two fucky or something. I've literally never been unable to reshape them all the way to 20 immediately.
Have you ever played in "freeplay" duration for a game though?
It seems it change the way difficulty and level scales totally.

1622107767292.png

But yeah. I didn't pay attention to that initially.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Have you ever played in "freeplay" duration for a game though?
It seems it change the way difficulty and level scales totally.

View attachment 1215553

But yeah. I didn't pay attention to that initially.
lmao, weird. Yeah, I just tried it and that's definitely a free play thing. I played a lot in free play, but never while trying to actually min/max a team super hard. And I didn't push level caps that early into a free play game. I'm surprised it lets you waste your time trying to reshape at max level, it just resets you back to 1 without doing anything.

I guess that's another reason why I wouldn't bother with free play, personally.

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
How much HP does it have? Is it something you can burst down real quick like?
Like other giants, meaning you'd better get ready for it.
The lower the portal hostility score, the lower the level of the giant will be, so the lower its hp will be. its unique abilities will stay the same, though. In a hostility 3 portal, the one i met had 170 hp.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Like other giants, meaning you'd better get ready for it.
The lower the portal hostility score, the lower the level of the giant will be, so the lower its hp will be. its unique abilities will stay the same, though. In a hostility 3 portal, the one i met had 170 hp.
Oof, that's going to be painful.

I haven't looked yet, is there an achievement for killing it in the first 30 days? And if so, does it give anything cool?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
Oof, that's going to be painful.

I haven't looked yet, is there an achievement for killing it in the first 30 days? And if so, does it give anything cool?

Yes there's an achievement for it.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
This isn't related to anything, but can I just say that I really like the essences addition. Some of these are super fun and complete change how I approach the game.

Yes there's an achievement for it.

4.10 star(s) 76 Votes