Boobsette

Jul 15, 2020
What is the point of giant/enormous characters when they can almost never go through portals not even the story ones ._.
(I just wasted hours leveling up several characters to level 20 only to find out they can't even go through the story portal ._.)

Iceman1126

Oct 2, 2019
Is there a list of the alternate rewards you can get in certain circumstances? Does killing the king but not taking his heart do anything? Killing the Kraken but not taking its tentacles? And what are the alternative rewards instead of Empowered, the "create life" and "artifact" ones, I just always take the trait since it's such an easy way to boost your crew's power.

i still remember when you didn't need to camp for twelve hours after walking for one hour and twenty minutes :C
I feel like the stamina-on-walking mechanic completely undermines the whole movespeed / mounting mechanic we've had in the game for a while, which used to be the main scalar of exploration alongside visual range for obvious reasons. It gets replaced with building roads / hives, I guess?

What is the point of giant/enormous characters when they can almost never go through portals not even the story ones ._.
(I just wasted hours leveling up several characters to level 20 only to find out they can't even go through the story portal ._.)
Risk-reward, maybe. They really do get crazy stat bonuses. They make high-level exploration easier, too, although I really don't see the point of exploration when it's so easy to just macro up, max out, get a few good traits, and then win the game without ever stepping foot out of town.

Tarendos

Mar 18, 2019
Yeah now you dont explore portlas that freely if you want to keep some stamina. As crea you walk on slime, as other characters you build roads towards points of interest like Hive for easy leveling. Or just spam Lure on any preferrable tile
Enormous against tiny - are best breeders male-female respectivly. Enormous can easily farm arena and bestows for example at stone mining inside Enormous portal

Boobsette

Jul 15, 2020
Is there a list of the alternate rewards you can get in certain circumstances? Does killing the king but not taking his heart do anything? Killing the Kraken but not taking its tentacles? And what are the alternative rewards instead of Empowered, the "create life" and "artifact" ones, I just always take the trait since it's such an easy way to boost your crew's power.
I know if you don't harvest the Lava Boss you get a Permanent Moral Boost for the run

Risk-reward, maybe. They really do get crazy stat bonuses. They make high-level exploration easier, too, although I really don't see the point of exploration when it's so easy to just macro up, max out, get a few good traits, and then win the game without ever stepping foot out of town.
The Problem is that almost no portal actually lets you even use Giant/Enormous Characters
(It's real fun when you find a giant character in a portal, but have to abandon it(Because the portal too small to return -_-)

SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
I feel like the stamina-on-walking mechanic completely undermines the whole movespeed / mounting mechanic we've had in the game for a while, which used to be the main scalar of exploration alongside visual range for obvious reasons. It gets replaced with building roads / hives, I guess?
Not a fan of the new stamina system, either.

To be honest, the entire update feels like it put a lot of... for the lack of a etter word, clutter. Both in terms of UI (though I think I did skip a version or two since the last time), and mechanics. In the latter's case, it's not so much that I mind complex mechanics (quite the contrary, which was the main appeal of PoP for me in the first place), but I don't like complicated ones, and stamina cost for movement feels to have unnecessarily complicated portal exploration. Always felt the roads were supposed to be used only under specific circumstances, but perhaps Syvaron has something exactly like that in their mind for future updates. Still... not a change I'm currently enjoying.
(It's real fun when you find a giant character in a portal, but have to abandon it(Because the portal too small to return -_-)
Perhaps I'm brainfarting (it's so late it got early ;) ), but can't you just teleport them out regardless of portal size? Admittedly, that requires having somebody actually able to do that (or the item, and the required crystals), but still doable with just a bit of preparation.

thesharkfish

Apr 19, 2018
I encountered a bug when i try to start this game. I get "Read from location 0000000e caused an access violation." error inside a log file. It does seem to be a known error related to Citrix and an older version before Unity 2018.2.17, allegadly.
Since i need Citrix for my home office i dont want to try some of the posted solutions on or just search for the above mentioned error. So sadly, i cant play this :unsure:.
Does anybody know a fix or workaround which doesn't involve messing around with citrix?

Thanks!

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
Always felt the roads were supposed to be used only under specific circumstances, but perhaps Syvaron has something exactly like that in their mind for future updates. Still... not a change I'm currently enjoying.
Stamina makes sense, especially since fights and certain abilities now have costs which means you have to do more careful management than just curbstomp everything with AoE creature.
It's just that current balance is out of whack.
I certainly would prefer if Camping gets more relevance.

Yamemai

Nov 1, 2017
Perhaps I'm brainfarting (it's so late it got early ;) ), but can't you just teleport them out regardless of portal size? Admittedly, that requires having somebody actually able to do that (or the item, and the required crystals), but still doable with just a bit of preparation.
IIRC, the teleport stones are the same as the portals, can't teleport anything bigger than so and so. But yeah, you can bring giants home, if you have someone with teleport, plus 1 crystal & 10 MP per cast.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Someone asked me to patch the game so you could cheat without it disabling achievements or marking your save as having cheated. This patch does exactly that. It will also unmark saves as having cheated if previously marked. List of cheats below including short description (mostly accurate):

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The game requires patching on each new version.

*HowTo...* Just extract the archive for your version (Windows/Linux) to install directory. You will be overwriting. If anything goes wrong with it, you didn't read the directions. This is only compatible for 0.14.0.1. I may build a tool to automatically patch future games if I get bored enough.

*Edit* I do not recommend cheating to kill the King. Do it through story. I forgot to update the cheat lists in the archives before uploading. The notes regarding ChosenGod refer to the MC, whether they were Evolution, Creation, or Void (Prince/Druid)! The notes regarding Story should be taken seriously. If you want to FreePlay for time and then complete the game you can use 'story' to add them in. Your game difficulty must be 100% or more for some cheats to work! Using the unlock-cheats here is far better than relying on an old save, considering new stuff may not be included in old saves. The 'newgameplus' code enables NewGame+ "at home...only until the end of the day". You can begin your game in Freeplay, then use story to enable story while in freeplay. (I recommend also setting saves to Limited for your points in the beginning and then simply using 'unlimited' afterwards (doesn't affect Difficulty then).

*Edit* Use newer version (probably follow trail of posts: https://f95zone.to/threads/7803/post-5802049

Last edited:

Carsten001

Feb 19, 2018
The last update is really good.
But would it be possible to make real males in species?
And Outpost,Fords, Mines, Mining Outpost ,etc in the Portal Worlds. And / or Village and Citys to build for the Player with and for the Players Furry Fighter Girls and Boys.
And please in patch 0.5 migrate to the Unreal Engine ! With Grafik and Animation like Breeders of the Nephalin. Tanks xD

Reactions: Hentttaaaiii

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
I searched for "animations" and found a comment saying there are a few animations in this game, but there is no [animation] tag. So I'm curious what parts are actually animated? H-scenes? All H-scenes?

cynicalastro898

Apr 1, 2020
hey, so Im having some real trouble with the tutorial. how do I add people into my party? I cant even add my starters for some reason. and the tutorial just assumes that you know how to assign them. it keeps saying no characters are applicable when I try to select the party. how do i assign tasks in general?

4.10 star(s) 79 Votes