imelman

May 15, 2018
Oh wait, I was wrong about being able to fuse characters with same gene in order to upgrade them, apparently it is a leftover of previous updates fusion focus, since saved builds that had used said focus somehow keep it with new update's system, with all advantages/disadvantages they have, meaning you could end up being unable to fuse at strong breeding focus, or being able to upgrade genes via fusion for fusion focus, on top of main character's non inheritable skills are not able to be changed unless you have applied flexible trait on yourself, or play as succubus guardian/soul born human, who can change skills freely.

I tried the new breeding, and while already the changes to it were good in my opinion to make it less of a hassle as it was before where it was fusion that gives the results you actually need, the new system instead is based on the character's minimum/maximum value, so if both are the same, then it gives you the same as both, ensuring the result will be always at max genes if you try hard enough, though it also means you can only upgrade them by using focus potions, or good old fusion before breeding - the bloodline trait is no longer mandatory to get such results anymore, though it is still useful if you have a low gene trait bank and a high gene bloodline character to max out your results. Though due to the new system it also makes the mushroom essence fusion thing less useful, like you can still use to get a solid level 20 5 gene fusion fodder using a certain character, but you still need other characters in order to max them out now. But if you ask me, it turned breeding related traits like familiar from "nice to have but not exactly strong due to random results/fusion" to "really good to have due to fact you can have reliable results expect for genetic traits/level type", on top of reconsidering to take potential upgrade for hatcheries to further improve their growth.

So yes, the new bugs is a bit of an issue, but still trying to get the new event that only triggers after reducing a certain characters max morale to a certain level, and then explore like hell until I can get it.

Kellnaved

Jul 2, 2019
Oh wait, I was wrong about being able to fuse characters with same gene in order to upgrade them, apparently it is a leftover of previous updates fusion focus, since saved builds that had used said focus somehow keep it with new update's system, with all advantages/disadvantages they have, meaning you could end up being unable to fuse at strong breeding focus, or being able to upgrade genes via fusion for fusion focus, on top of main character's non inheritable skills are not able to be changed unless you have applied flexible trait on yourself, or play as succubus guardian/soul born human, who can change skills freely.

I tried the new breeding, and while already the changes to it were good in my opinion to make it less of a hassle as it was before where it was fusion that gives the results you actually need, the new system instead is based on the character's minimum/maximum value, so if both are the same, then it gives you the same as both, ensuring the result will be always at max genes if you try hard enough, though it also means you can only upgrade them by using focus potions, or good old fusion before breeding - the bloodline trait is no longer mandatory to get such results anymore, though it is still useful if you have a low gene trait bank and a high gene bloodline character to max out your results. Though due to the new system it also makes the mushroom essence fusion thing less useful, like you can still use to get a solid level 20 5 gene fusion fodder using a certain character, but you still need other characters in order to max them out now. But if you ask me, it turned breeding related traits like familiar from "nice to have but not exactly strong due to random results/fusion" to "really good to have due to fact you can have reliable results expect for genetic traits/level type", on top of reconsidering to take potential upgrade for hatcheries to further improve their growth.

So yes, the new bugs is a bit of an issue, but still trying to get the new event that only triggers after reducing a certain characters max morale to a certain level, and then explore like hell until I can get it.
Seeing that you always take the time to dive into the new mechanics and optimal strategies etc. have you thought about writing a few guides on the WIKI? It seems kind of wasted to just make these posts here for the handfull of people that will actually read AND understand them. On the wiki 1000s of people might benefit from some usefull guides.

Because there while the wiki is huge and has many informations in the guide department it is severely lacking and or outdated.

Reactions: mcmng and aspar4gus

Altruant

Feb 20, 2021
I am still coping about the fusion lost. But eh, we have to revert back to the old slow ass breeding mechanic for max gene, making mid game a bit tighter but still manageable. So you aren't making a god killing team in 10 days, you are doing it in 15 or something

• Haha
Reactions: FetishFocusedNerd

dhannywest

Apr 11, 2022
It's very good to transition from singular mechanics seen as breaking strong options wide open to base mechanics being broadly useful for progressing and the highs not being quite so high. Syvaron moving breeding bonuses from multipliers to flat bonuses is lessons learned on keeping numbers sane.

Altruant

Feb 20, 2021
Eventually according to Syvaron temperament, all the broken build uninvolved with Evolution will disappear so enjoy breaking what you have while you can. I still remember how broken it was a long time ago. Ah 3000 magic Kitsune, my beloved

GODsune.png

• Wow
Reactions: aspar4gus

Kellnaved

Jul 2, 2019
I am still coping about the fusion lost. But eh, we have to revert back to the old slow ass breeding mechanic for max gene, making mid game a bit tighter but still manageable. So you aren't making a god killing team in 10 days, you are doing it in 15 or something
I don´t like the new +5 Crystal cost for every special option for "fusion" permanently at all. It basically eliminates all special options for fusing after just a few uses. There got to be a better way.

bylukx

Apr 22, 2021
The attachment unlocks everything as of 2023-12-28 (0.26.0.0). It was originally created on Linux.

I guess instructions are needed (for some people?):

Place the file into PoP_V*_Data/saveData, overwriting your own. You must use new saves for some Unlockables to work (as far as in-game stuff goes, Gallery should be unlocked no matter what), no matter who creates an Unlockables. I can't believe this needs to be said: Use exact filename and make sure you're not some idiot one using Windows without file-extensions shown... >_> If you can't figure it out, that is your problem, no support offered. By the way, you can restart the game (entire process) to re-shuffle the starting bonus traits (the ones highlighted in blue). For instance, getting God with a bonus.

Edit: Quote me and I'll update it. Try to only do that if it is something that you can't easily do. If I ever miss something, quote me, and I'll fix it. Edit: Sometimes I forget something, just remind me.
Any plans for a 0.27 update?

Parjana

Feb 19, 2022
Just realized that with the current build of dating you can cheese the game completely. Is this necroposting?

If you priotize removals, and focus on 'breed' and creampie cards with exactly 6 cards in the dating deck and 1 utility card, you can create about 100 eggs from 3 hours of dating a character. By dating Sylvie, I was able to get a team of max gene units on day 5, on challenge level 10. Can't imagine any early game strategy beating this.

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
By dating Sylvie, I was able to get a team of max gene units on day 5, on challenge level 10. Can't imagine any early game strategy beating this.
Don't the MC and Sylvie usually have shit genes?
But yes it was the alternative breeding strategy for the previous Fusion+ mode.

Parjana

Feb 19, 2022
Don't the MC and Sylvie usually have shit genes?
But yes it was the alternative breeding strategy for the previous Fusion+ mode.
Yeah, they definitely do from the start. Except, Sylvie has 20 max level, and if you marry her, you add +15 to her base stats randomly. She can be adapted with stud. With the way the new calculations work, there is a decent chance of just getting max level 20s when you roll for an egg, even if it's a level 5 and a level 20 breeding.

If you recruit sylvie and make her base floral, you can safely increase genes a couple times in the hatchery and still achieve a 100% growth rate, because of the ways floral eggs boost each other. meaning the chance of getting a max level 20 egg is around 1/13 rather than 1/15. When you're producing 100s of eggs in a couple of hours, you're going to get ~150/13 or 11-12 max level 20 eggs and a further 60 or so that are 15+ level, just from one date. You have unlimited crystals from destroying surplus eggs, so this can theoretically be boosted higher. Now you have a ton of eggs with max level and albeit mediocre stats. This strat works best on evo, because Sylvie is unstable, and all the characters will be different, which means they can all be ritualed to increase stats on the MC. within 2 repetitions the farm is producing max stat characters through stud bonus, and within a few more, mc has max stats and doesn't need stud bonuses any more to pump out soul/max stat units.

Of course it's not really dating sylvie all the way that does the trick. She's phased out even after the first generation. But her high max level, and decent genes jump starts the process without needing to invest in starters.

Last edited:

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
Or you can get AN3 and ritual here over and over again.
The game has many of this "broken" strategies. That's part of the fun of the game.

4.10 star(s) 79 Votes