clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
I don't think you need to - it's not as though the game itself tells you this. You have to collect the crystals first and then notice that your Crystal Fragments count has gone up. For my first 10-20 playthroughs I assumed that it just gave you regular crystals, which are totally different.
Well, it gives both. Also in the log you can see "you harvested X crystals and a crystal fragment", but yeah the game doesn't hold your hand and you really need to keep your eyes peeled most of the time.

When you enter a portal, there's a special line when bosses have spawned "you feel the presence of X giant/magical power/spores etc...", and a special line for crystals that have spawned "you feel the presence of X new crystals since your last visit".
Both are calculated anew each day, but spending 48h in a portal is useless, you have to get out/back in to refresh it if you change days during your expedition.

Sheepy Cloud

Apr 22, 2020
2 questions.

1: What does the Unlockables Save do?
(Besides the obvious, being a save.)

2: What are Divine Favors?
(I noticed it in the v0.15.0.1 changelog, but have never heard of it before.)

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
2 questions.

1: What does the Unlockables Save do?

2: What are Divine Favors?
(I noticed it in the v0.15.0.1 changelog, but have never heard of it before.)
The unlockables save tracks all of your unlocks. So if you unlocks starting traits/species/jobs and whatnot like gallery entries, they're kept track of through the unlockables save file. So it stores everything that needs to be tracked seperate from your actual game saves.

Divine favors, I think, is referring to something you get by unlocking and starting a save using the ascended job (beat all 10 challenge levels). Basically every day you get a divine favor point, and you can spend one or two of them to do pretty game breaking stuff. I honestly think of it as the god mode job you get for beating the hardest challenge level. It makes other unlocks really easy lol

Reactions: Sheepy Cloud

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
What are Divine Favors?
Divine favors, I think, is referring to something you get by unlocking and starting a save using the ascended job (beat all 10 challenge levels). Basically every day you get a divine favor point, and you can spend one or two of them to do pretty game breaking stuff. I honestly think of it as the god mode job you get for beating the hardest challenge level. It makes other unlocks really easy lol
You don't need to beat challenge 10 to unlock divine favours (even though it's the best way), just win (not submit, i think, you have to beat the overseer) the alternate ending with Terranva once to unlock the "knowing" starter trait, that will grant you 3 divine favour on game start to do what you want.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
You don't need to beat challenge 10 to unlock divine favours (even though it's the best way), just win (not submit, i think, you have to beat the overseer) the alternate ending with Terranva once to unlock the "knowing" starter trait, that will grant you 3 divine favour on game start to do what you want.
Shit, didn't know about that one. I haven't beat the alt-endings yet. They're next on my list of unlocks to go for.

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
What does the Unlockables Save do?
Think of them as typical "achievements":

1. They are milestones with rewards attached to them;
2. Rewards are buffs you can use to make things easier in the future;

Thing is: mid-playthrough gamesaves are incompatible between versions, they only work with the game version they were created by. With every update you need to start a new playthrough. The rest was already explained: the Unlockables file keeps records of "rewards you already unlocked", it is the only way to carry that progress over to a newer game version. Which is the only type of progress you can carry over.

Summary: the file holds the only progress you can carry over to a newer game version, otherwise you start from scratch with every "0.0.0.1 to 0.0.0.2" update. That is all.

Muji-k

Mar 1, 2018
also there are many events inside portals where you can buy or trade other resources for crystals

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
also there are many events inside portals where you can buy or trade other resources for crystals
Those are generally crystals, rather than crystal fragments.

Fragments are used for the crafting system (craft menu, when looking at the map), rather than for building upgrades or teleport and whatnot.

user112358

May 12, 2020
LOL, why I have a super gigantic mouse cursor hahaha

Now, where I can change the size or disable the in-game cursor ?, don't find any...
I’m also having the massive curser issue, lmk if you manage to fix it.
I'm having the same problem. It's really annoying because it covers many of the tooltips completely.

Assuming you're using X11 and linux you can use this example program to clear the custom cursor from the game window. Get the window ID from your window manager and set it to a hotkey if you want. Know that if the game window gets unfocused and then refocused then the giant cursor will come back.

It's a good enough solution for me.

Sheepy Cloud

Apr 22, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I know what unlockables are, I just haven't played in a while, and usually don't go snooping around in a games files (Except for that save file hehe.) so I didn't know what that save file did.

tehlemon
clockwinding
Thanks for the replies, and the information.
Gonna have to get right on to finishing my challenge levels when I get back into the game...
(Mainly quit cause I could never get that one NPC tied to Cave worlds.)

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
we did not get a update in 3 month, is the game on hold? if so for how long?
this game usually updates every 3 months, so next version should be coming soon
I've been watching Syvaron's twitter lately, and the dude posts new game art like clockwork. Except nothing for the last week.

Given how much drawing he does, I wouldn't be surprised if the lack of new art is because he's starting to update the game.

Or he, you know, took a few days off. One of the two!

Either way, coming from the lilith's throne thread, one update every three months which includes actual content is a breakneck pace.

Delsa

Jan 15, 2019
this game usually updates every 3 months, so next version should be coming soon
simply asking cuz he usualy make a post on his patreon every month. (hotfix or news) so i was wondering

I've been watching Syvaron's twitter lately, and the dude posts new game art like clockwork. Except nothing for the last week.

Given how much drawing he does, I wouldn't be surprised if the lack of new art is because he's starting to update the game.

Or he, you know, took a few days off. One of the two!

Either way, coming from the lilith's throne thread, one update every three months which includes actual content is a breakneck pace.
it really is, hope he dont get a burnout from working too hard

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
I've been watching Syvaron's twitter lately, and the dude posts new game art like clockwork.

Either way, coming from the [xxx] thread, one update every three months which includes actual content is a breakneck pace.
The 1st part is good new. I skipped last version and was waiting for the next. Kind of regretting it now.
He was releasing 1 version/month ever since the project's start. I couldn't keep up! (but Daron helped a lot!)

2nd part is true for 90% the WIP threads here. At least. And most don't bother with apologies, unlike Innoxia (I don't follow LT but I can tell that much).

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
Syvaron is pretty clean about his development cycle and intentions, at least. It's written black on white on his patreon that he's doing things at his own pace, and that he aims for quantity of features rather than 100% perfecting those in place.

And tbh, what his "unfinished" level amounts to is more than some other "finished" projects that are around, lol. Also, his painterly art style is just gorgeous and it's definitely worth the wait.

Reactions: sandsea_urchin

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
Yup. I saw his stuff well before I realized he made a game, and that's pretty much how I ended up here. I'm good even if he just keeps posting stuff to twitter lol
I'm not! I'm here for the good, old-fashioned cryptic headache of a game. Not for the futas.
But his art's real good. He didn't bend over for the 'way you're supposed to draw' and it makes his art really unique. In-between intriguing and beautiful? :unsure:

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
I'm not! I'm here for the good, old-fashioned cryptic headache of a game. Not for the futas.
But his art's real good. He didn't bend over for the 'way you're supposed to draw' and it makes his art really unique. In-between intriguing and beautiful? :unsure:
Yeah, the art style is why I like it. It's just so very not realistic and stylized.

I'm a sucker for this kinda thing. I like exaggerated fantasy with a cool style and color scheme.

4.10 star(s) 76 Votes