Ducksssss

Feb 13, 2021
So how does fusion actually work? To my understanding it lets you combine monsters and their stats and skills like it were breeding but the downsode is don't get ritual points? I feel like I'm still missing something because people seem to think its a lot better than breeding.

The game itself doesn't seem too hard but the sheer amount of mechanics and things to do obscure and distract you from optimal play. Stuff like a well built combat character being 10x better than random unique filler unless you use it very specifically. I'm still bad but it seems the best strategy seems to be ignoring a lot of stuff and focusing on getting a strong party with stuff like dragons and getting the right equipment like spears and warhammers early which are close to double damage compared to swords. Doesn't help that the game is time based either. Even now a lot of my battles are soloed by the unkillable fishtaur that is also unable to move which is why it let everyone die in the first place.

Tattletale21

Jan 26, 2020
So how does fusion actually work? To my understanding it lets you combine monsters and their stats and skills like it were breeding but the downsode is don't get ritual points? I feel like I'm still missing something because people seem to think its a lot better than breeding.

The game itself doesn't seem too hard but the sheer amount of mechanics and things to do obscure and distract you from optimal play. Stuff like a well built combat character being 10x better than random unique filler unless you use it very specifically. I'm still bad but it seems the best strategy seems to be ignoring a lot of stuff and focusing on getting a strong party with stuff like dragons and getting the right equipment like spears and warhammers early which are close to double damage compared to swords. Doesn't help that the game is time based either. Even now a lot of my battles are soloed by the unkillable fishtaur that is also unable to move which is why it let everyone die in the first place.
from my limited understanding, breeding is less risky - you dont sacrifice anyone - but with randomised and often lesser rewards. fusion is sacrificing both monsters to create something new - perhaps a mix of both, perhaps simply another of one of the races - but it can also allow you to pick and choose exactly which stats and abilities you want to carry over from both 'parent' creatures to the new 'created' one.

it's a risk-reward system really, because fusion sacrifices two to make one better, while breeding keeps the two but gives you a random child.

Reactions: Ducksssss

Altruant

Feb 20, 2021
Fusion is faster for creating a strong character because Most of the MC can create new creatures at the cost of stamina. So you can just spam create and create 10 or so units and Fuse them all quickly for a 10/10 statline super unit

Sep 23, 2021
fusion have the advantage of picking what you want & (almost) guarantee the new unit will have those stat. Some specific skill can only be obtain by 2 skills (one from each initial units) into 1. Stat of final unit will only be as high as the highest stat of the 2 initial unit.

breeding have the advantage is the RNG. The stat CAN be (not always) higher then the parents. The offspring CAN have more traits/skills then fusion unit(which is limited). There will always be more units from breeding then from fusion, so extra unit can be use as workforce or fusion materials.

Obsessively

Jul 14, 2020
Awesome stuff. I like that there is so much thing to do. Very complicated at first and even after still not simple. After basic character portraits (big-lil breasts and penis) and scene arts etc. would be perfect.

imelman

May 15, 2018
Well, I am writing this as I am preparing to change computers due to browser anonymity no longer working, but I am doing my best to share my experience so far;

The new ambush mechanics is for sure a welcome thing, since before you had to have a stronger than average party just to avoid ambushes from parties, now that peaceful modifier greatly decreases it, as well a certain unique character that outright removes those expect ones from events, though that is a main character only thing.

New modifiers like consistent, which prevents wealth from dropping pretty much ensures the portal will never become worthless loot wise and you can hold off completing its objectives if you stabalize it in advance, though not increasing hostility over time may be a problem for those looking for a source of experience.

The knight/magician/battlemaster were changed to give a percentage based boosts to scale with late-game, which again, mostly benefits the shapeshifter character due to how percentage based effects work on characters who start with base stats that eventually stop scaling further as a result of that limitation. Yet god profession is still better total stat wise, as well giving strong starters to work with, which is mandatory at really high challenge ranks.

Now the main attraction - new characters/path to endgame; featuring a reworked fight at the succubus homeworld with 3 uniques instead of 3 durable guardians, that is effectively is an alternative choice between a special way of fighting the post-game bosses, or the one that gives a special recipe/character improvement, but the first option gives you a choice of a unique characters - one is a spellcaster focusing on fire boosting, the other is a strong physical attacker with assassin genes, itself worth on that alone(which allows you to have assassins), but the most busted thing about it is the ability to create more free weapons that have true damage and boost 10 strength each - so if you take the time to amass those via that unique character, you suddenly have a supply of strong melees(which are upgradeable), that while still lack the damage potential of let's say spectral sword, they do the job for physical characters just fine. And heck, the trait that sets maximum damage taken to 20% of character's max health is essentially the thing that can make or break the game in boss fights, or just even having a chance in high end challenge ranks.

Well and then you have essence threat difficulty modifier which gives a random one that boosts enemies on day 3, identical to ones from quick start but without ones that give you starting conditions like extra resources to compensate. But does count for an achievement that requires 15 essences, so that's options.

And the reward for those new content is, in order: succubus homeworld trait gives an option to get there at start of the game without the special character requirement, and the essence one ensures that only the 1st common essence portal will ever open, I don't know if it truly ensures you will get an advantage for that besides skipping the not very useful common essences anyway.

But at same time, said new characters also have unique effects as main characters that really sets the tone - the guardian always stays at -75 reputation in addition to having to suffer for a harder game overall like the other guardian character does, the fire caster halves fire damage but prevents defending/shielding, forcing to rely on abilities/movement, and the assassin hybrid can only take 1 ally at a time, pretty much forcing to use elite characters all the time since you can only use 1 character as backup. Though their heavy disadvantages are somewhat compensated by engineered trait on those 2, which also makes them the most suited characters for such massive bonuses you can get when focusing on a few maxed out genes with hidden power trait. Maybe expect the dragon that can boost themselves via cash every day, since that also doubles as a giant mount on every location due to fact they are based on starting character's size.

Kind of have to do something when the biggest gaming platform is not compatible with current system anymore, ain't it? But I will manage, while providing my experience in meantime.

Reactions: DuniX

imelman

May 15, 2018
Well, when I decided to use the succubus guardian as main character, which is possible by changing its alternate art just like how druid/creator do and use the correct order of sacrificing characters via soul drain, which if done right, can result in a busted character that surpasses the other 2 guardian main characters stat wise and having easier difficulty, heck, even the giant dragon becomes a joke due to its lack of flexibility for magic abilities or fast enough scaling in other fields, but a all-rounder with randomized first spell, plenty of global skills, backstab and ghost beam is truly a skill combo that can rival god form at max power, if not outright surpass it...Usually guardians are an late game thing due to their heavy requirements to get their best potential, but a main character that negates their main weakness and can actually almost maxed gene spirits in spite of lacking spirit skills let alone a skill tree is truly terrifying...Sure, you do have to work for that massive advantage like getting a gem girl as soon as possible, which you already can do by having stone element and rapidly evolving stuff to get characters you need, but of course the first sacrifice is one of your 2 starters that is basically built to be sacrificed with 9 traits, especially ancient power, which is required to not level up too fast in order to get the most potential from future sacrifices.

Well, I can suspect a nerf to such strategy, since it even surpasses god form if done right, and while you have less flexibility when it comes to fusing/breeding characters, the massive stats the main character has alongside good ability kit makes up for it. I don't know if a normal guardian is going to be affected as well, but that is truly the most busted thing that I'd say makes the best of gene distribution out of any character, the other 2 guardians have a severe downside that pretty much forces you to rush things in order to stand a chance, while the succubus can just eat some characters and get their growth if not more, while not having to suffer severe handicaps. I'd say its hands down the best neutral character overall, because with all essences and powers that improve characters growth, you effectively can become stronger and stronger to infinity with ascended and all the growth essences possible, and while you cannot have 2 guardians in the party due to elite status also applying to non-elite characters of same type, it means you can stuff your party with supports and other combatants to help yourself out.

Yes, it requires highest possible points for starters and main character, but since neutrals kind of...suck without genes/hidden power expect those that have engineered trait, it is also the character that negates the weakness of succubus guardian on top, since that character gets guardian upgrade at a point where said character already leveled up, reducing their effective power, but when you play as said character and get to pick traits before they level up, that makes them much better as main character than a unit that gets its niche fulfilled by a regular guardian with needed skills and traits, and that's on top you get all passives that are otherwise locked to individual choices. So you have a passive 10% chance for any unit of yours to avoid damage, getting 1 action point when casting 15+ mana spells like lightning storm, and so on.

Reactions: DuniX

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
Well, I can suspect a nerf to such strategy, since it even surpasses god form if done right, and while you have less flexibility when it comes to fusing/breeding characters, the massive stats the main character has alongside good ability kit makes up for it. I don't know if a normal guardian is going to be affected as well, but that is truly the most busted thing that I'd say makes the best of gene distribution out of any character, the other 2 guardians have a severe downside that pretty much forces you to rush things in order to stand a chance, while the succubus can just eat some characters and get their growth if not more, while not having to suffer severe handicaps. I'd say its hands down the best neutral character overall, because with all essences and powers that improve characters growth, you effectively can become stronger and stronger to infinity with ascended and all the growth essences possible, and while you cannot have 2 guardians in the party due to elite status also applying to non-elite characters of same type, it means you can stuff your party with supports and other combatants to help yourself out.
Trying diffrent Characters and Classes is part of the charm of the game, you don't need to play the most optimal build.
The Challenge Rank is there just so you have something to test your builds and find strategies to overcome them.
In other words the true challenge is the Pogworm challenge.

Tecquo

May 9, 2020
So... is there anyone who got BepInEx working with the new version of PoP? I tried BepInEx latest version + 5.4.21.0 + MonoBleedingEdge (x64 and x86), and nothing worked. It doesn't even create a config file. MelonLoader is also not working.
Update: nevermind, my game's folder was set to "Only Read" flag.

Last edited:

Tecquo

May 9, 2020
Is the hive counter always show current hives in the portal or does it count only when I've found one? That "0+" сonfused me.
Update: found answer, It counts only when enter the portal ("Since your last visit, you feel the presence of hives" (rn I'm playing as a Druid so I don't know if it's the same for other MCs) or when you have Slime Sense trait.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 79 Votes