4.10 star(s) 14 Votes

RedAISkye

Apr 10, 2017
I've never seen a Renpy game give as many errors as this one. I ignored the errors, but it didn't help because even ignoring them didn't allow me to continue in the game. It's error after error. I give up and I can't even put the errors here because there are thousands of them.:mad:
It's all undefined errors from my experience, manually defining them in the console is a workaround.

Reactions: Donalddealmaker

Ginji

Lightning Emperor
Donor
May 14, 2017
It's all undefined errors from my experience, manually defining them in the console is a workaround.
unfortunately most of us dont know how,does make me wonder why 3.53 was released at all in that state:unsure:o_O.happy to see its been fixed for patrons though.

OkyoTales

VIOLENCE EXCESS CARNALITY
Game Developer
Jul 29, 2021
I've never seen a Renpy game give as many errors as this one. I ignored the errors, but it didn't help because even ignoring them didn't allow me to continue in the game. It's error after error. I give up and I can't even put the errors here because there are thousands of them.:mad:
Try v3.52, somebody sabotaged me by uploading a broken build here(3.53)

RedAISkye

Apr 10, 2017
unfortunately most of us dont know how...
I wouldn't bother with the game until the "fixed" updated build is shared.

Try v3.52, somebody sabotaged me by uploading a broken build here(3.53)
Nobody "sabotaged" you, they just shared a build you released for patrons only.

I also faced similar undefined errors in the stable v3.52 build, although a lot less than the unstable one.

...does make me wonder why 3.53 was released at all in that state...
I guess the dev wanted to "sabotage" themselves. :KEK:

Reactions: kyxlian

OkyoTales

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2021

:poop::poop::poop::poop:
Nobody "sabotaged" you, they just shared a build you released for patrons only.

I also faced similar undefined errors in the stable v3.52 build, although a lot less than the unstable one.
I guess the dev wanted to "sabotage" themselves.
How about you stop misleading people/spreading false pieces of information?

The stable build is fine!
I would like to know what errors you've spotted. Because I had a new start and there was no error whatsoever. An SS or a console log that you can provide me with?

Old saves(<3.5) won't work. I've stated that in the OP.

Last edited:

Languid

Dec 7, 2018
For v3.53 just navigate to the game folder and open the script.rpy file in notepad or notepad++ and add the define code below under the "START" label after the $ mc etc.:
Code:
#START#
label start:
    $ mc = "Jimmy"
    $ she = "Mom"
    $ you = "Son"
    define she = Character("Mom")
    define you = Character("Son")
Again, add the define mc code further down under "label TheEpilogue" directly below the $ mc line:

Code:
label TheEpilogue:
    scene 0
    show 2 with Dissolve(2.0)
    hide 0
    "By the name of Jimmy, the protagonist of this story is a very quick-witted young man."
    "Innocent, young, and beautiful, but Jimmy is, to some extent, a naive person."
    "And here comes into play your role. You... 'the force' guiding his actions throughout the story."
    "Because you will be his... avatar... you will influence some aspects such as choices, actions, and of course..."
    "...how the characters of the story will address Jimmy."
    "You know what I'm saying, right?"

$ mc = renpy.input("{color=#f50c0d}Your desired name or nickname? DEFAULT = JIMMY{color=#f50c0d}")
    $ mc = mc.strip()
    if mc = "":
        $ mc = "Jimmy"
    define mc = Character("Jimmy")
This should get rid of all the errors I believe. I played 3.53 with this added and it resolved the errors.

If you named your character something else, put that name instead of Jimmy. If you don't want the two to be Mother and Son, change that to whatever you want.

Attached is the script I used for 3.53

Reactions: RedAISkye

RedAISkye

Apr 10, 2017
How about you stop misleading people/spreading false pieces of information?...
Are you just going to pretend the buggy mess wasn't your own fault? It was the "saboteur".
Remember, you released it for your patrons in that state, it's not others fault they shared it before you got to fix it.

...The stable build is fine!
I would like to know what errors you've spotted. Because I had a new start and there was no error whatsoever. An SS or a console log that you can provide me with?...
Yes, it's fine on a new save.
But there are similar errors on the stable build when continuing the save, however they're very low compared to unstable build.
I've already mentioned multiple times they're all undefined errors.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

...Old saves(<3.5) won't work. I've stated that in the OP.
Then you should report OP to the mods and tell them to have that mentioned in the downloads section where it's always present for other games for important things, not hidden inside a spoiler in dev notes where nobody checks and is meant for other stuff.

Incorrect use of dev notes:-
PoV Screenshot.png

Correct use of dev notes:-
KP Screenshot.png

The "misinformation" is caused due to confusion from:-
1. Broken build release which is your own fault. (Should no longer cause confusion since it has been already labelled as unstable)
2. Important note being hidden behind a spoiler in dev notes which is the fault of whoever edited it. (Should report it to mods to fix this)

OkyoTales

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2021
I will dismantle your misleading using your own comments:
Yes, it's fine on a new save.
Now the game is fine?! But earlier you told a player, perhaps a new one, not to bother:
But there are similar errors on the stable build when continuing the save, however they're very low compared to unstable build.
I've already mentioned multiple times they're all undefined errors.
These low errors of yours... are due to your old relic of save you got. Fact mentioned in the developer's note, speaking of which... you have provided me an stupid example, of incorrect and correct way, mine being incorrect, yours being the correct one:

SmexyBoy

Feb 15, 2019

Now the game is fine?! But earlier you told a player, perhaps a new one, not to bother:

These low errors of yours... are due to your old relic of save you got. Fact mentioned in the developer's note, speaking of which... you have provided me an stupid example, of incorrect and correct way, mine being incorrect, yours being the correct one:
Anybody seeing this should play fixed one?
And why do we have 'unstable' build? Why not delete it? It it is so buggy? I hope the patreon version of it is fixed because I would like to join you.

OkyoTales

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2021
Anybody seeing this should play fixed one?
And why do we have 'unstable' build? Why not delete it? It it is so buggy? I hope the patreon version of it is fixed because I would like to join you.
Yes, try the fixed one, if you have a very old save, I recommend a new start as the content from the initial release to 3.5 won't take long.

I wanted to finish the build that night and ended up having not only a mess in the code but broken links as well(Mac build on pc/Linux links). Android build failed.

At that time, no errors when I tested, because my old save was ok. Didn't have any problem with a new start.
So I thought it was ok, I've uploaded it. the 2nd day I found out about the disaster. So the next time I won't rush again.
We have a broken build here because somebody decided to share the broken build instead of the fixed version.

mickster101

Aug 14, 2017
So there are no permanent results from NTR choices? Each time you will wind the clock back to choose 'correctly?' Not complaining, just asking. Some of these scenes are petty hot, but it does take a long time to get to the few H-scenes in the game thus far. Overall, a lot of work has gone into this game, I appreciate it!

OkyoTales

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2021
So there are no permanent results from NTR choices? Each time you will wind the clock back to choose 'correctly?' Not complaining, just asking. Some of these scenes are petty hot, but it does take a long time to get to the few H-scenes in the game thus far. Overall, a lot of work has gone into this game, I appreciate it!
That's for the storyline. People don't like 'forced' ntr, and in the same measure, I don't want my story to be altered. BUT... I am preparing something regarding this matter. I mean... there will be consequences for NTR choices.

mickster101

Aug 14, 2017
That's for the storyline. People don't like 'forced' ntr, and in the same measure, I don't want my story to be altered. BUT... I am preparing something regarding this matter. I mean... there will be consequences for NTR choices.
I always like choices and stakes. I get that choices makes for a branching story and more work for you, so whatever you come up with will be appreciated. I like to see the long-term submission of the women, not just in the moment but also in non-H scenes. Just my thoughts. Thanks for responding!

RedAISkye

Apr 10, 2017
Taking things out of context isn't dismantling anything.

I said older build of the game works fine if played on a new save. No, the game is not really fine until a "fixed" build is shared.
With context: The player asked me they don't know how the workaround works of manually defining to get rid of the errors on the unstable build. So, I told them not to bother with any of that and just wait for the fixed build to be shared.

These low errors of yours... are due to your old relic of save you got.
I wasn't aware of that before when I mentioned the old build also showing similar errors but less compared to the unstable.
Because someone thought it would be a good idea to hide such important notes under a spoiler in the dev's note section.

Fact mentioned in the developer's note...
Nobody reads them, let alone expects important things to be put behind a spoiler in devs note section when all other games have it directly stated in the downloads section.

You can either take the suggestion or leave it to create more confusion among players, causing them to complain about the same bugs.

I follow this site's rules, not your opinion of what's correct and what's not.
It's the norm with how game threads have worked, not my opinion of what's "correct/incorrect".
And there's no rules against that. To the contrary, it seems you didn't read the last point.
Screenshot.png
Unless if you think it's not necessary to warn players before they hit the download, that saves older than X build will cause bugs.

We have a broken build here because somebody decided to share the broken build instead of the fixed version.
Then why don't you share the "fixed" version yourself and stop the "saboteur" yourself by reverse sabotaging their malicious plans of "making dev look bad" instead of continuing to blame someone that simply shared your broken mess before it was fixed? :LUL:

And why do we have 'unstable' build? Why not delete it? It it is so buggy?...
Because the bugs aren't a major game-breaking type, meaning they don't actually prevent you from playing the game if you know how to workaround it. There's no reason to delete it until the post is updated with the fixed build, then old builds can be removed.

Last edited:

OkyoTales

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2021
Taking things out of context isn't dismantling anything. :poop:

I said older build of the game works fine if played on a new save. No, the game is not really fine until a "fixed" build is shared.
With context: The player asked me they don't know how the workaround works of manually defining to get rid of the errors on the unstable build. So, I told them not to bother with any of that and just wait for the fixed build to be shared.
The stable version is fine! Unless someone has a relic of a save like you had. PERIOD.

Then why don't you share the "fixed" version yourself and stop the "saboteur" yourself by reverse sabotaging their malicious plans of "making dev look bad" instead of continuing to blame someone that simply shared your broken mess before it was fixed? :LUL:
Because the bugs aren't a major game-breaking type, meaning they don't actually prevent you from playing the game if you know how to workaround it. There's no reason to delete it until the post is updated with the fixed build, then old builds can be removed.
Based on the 'until the post is updated with the fixed build, then old builds can be removed.' aspect, I will post new version here when there is something new for anybody who want to subscribe.

If there is nothing new for patrons, why would someone want to support me? Because... people prefer to subscribe when there is new content(at least in my case). And I have no problem with that. I go along that way. At least one build per month. One here. One for patrons. The frequency and size of the updates will rise if I manage to get more 'support'. It's not like I'm having hundreds of subscribers. Still, all of my free time goes into this project.

Reactions: Babalui and dejan07
4.10 star(s) 14 Votes