VN Ren'Py Abandoned Power Corrupts: Paragon [v0.1.1] [Double Prolix]

slitherhence

Sep 24, 2017
I'm rather looking forward to the next update for this. More even than the "core" story. That's probably just cause it takes a lot more content for an open-world game to feel fleshed out. With Paragon I'm already interested in the characters, their stories, and the mystery behind the quarantine.

Anthonyu

Aug 11, 2017
I'm rather looking forward to the next update for this. More even than the "core" story. That's probably just cause it takes a lot more content for an open-world game to feel fleshed out. With Paragon I'm already interested in the characters, their stories, and the mystery behind the quarantine.
Same. The original game is intresting but I prefer this one. Renpy open world game often feels empty.

DoubleProlix

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2017
Hey, this isn't quite dead. I've got a slightly nicer computer, so I've decided that instead of saving up to commission work I'll be teaching myself to render. Given the nature of this genre, though, it'll take me a bit to get to the point where I can convincingly remake a superhero game - both in terms of having the right Daz assets, and in terms of knowing what I'm doing.

I've decided the best way to do that is with a shorter scope project to teach myself a decent workflow while I build the library I'll need for Power Corrupts - but once that's done, look at work on this game - and the sandbox parent project - to resume.

DoubleProlix

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2017
I'm still planning straight, gay, or bisexual playthroughs of either gender, but I'm wondering if I should focus my efforts more on some than the others. Is this a feature players are hungry for? Are potential players more interested in a gay or straight or male or female storyline than the others?

Reactions: pilgrim2003

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

The summary made me come. The result isn't bad but too vague.

The worldbuiding, though limited, is fine for a first release.
The characters are numerous and varied.
The plot is interesting, though we are just being told about the situation.
The artistic side isn't bad but not that good either. The filter isn't good with dark colors (the black guy Larson is the exact result of it and it's hard to distinguish his eyes and mouth).

The game is well done for an introduction of the context, the charaters, the locations and the mechanisms present. Every choice can have a repercussion on our characteristics or on the relationships with other characters (which we can't see anywhere). The shower scene, only erotic moment, was good.

If we meet Larson and Bruce in the yard then go to the common area, the same scene occurs when they are presented again.

I would have loved to see this game developped more. The plot and some characters were interesting.
I'm not sure I'll be trying Thaumarotica : it seems more dark since it has horror and the gay/bi possibility is left aside, maybe for future release.

Good continuation.