3.10 star(s) 75 Votes

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
Saw this when it was too small to download. Still a little small-ish. I avoided downloading the "legit remover" because I didn't want to have to deal with compatibility issues with the walkthrough mod, but this is definitely gonna be one of those games I just have to click through.

tazlucky09

Jul 18, 2017
View attachment 1092035

Powers That Be - Chapter 10 "Answering" (Public Release)

Now for a look on the lighter side of things.

The eagerly awaited new chapter of Powers That Be for the public is here! In Chapter 10 - "Answering", take a seat and find out more about the personalities of each of our 4 main characters as they share their likes, dislikes, and feelings...

... before somehow ending up with one of them doing uncouth things in a public place. Guess there's never a bad time, huh?

There is also a bonus credits teaser image for the next chapter at the end of this episode! Don't miss it!

Let us know your thoughts and share your comments here or join us on our Discord. Please do consider supporting us on Patreon so we can continue to make more games and improvements for your enjoyment, and be the first to receive the latest chapters. Thank you for supporting Burst Out Games!

Latest here, only for our f95zone fans!
i have added a alt mega link in my OP as well incase it goes down "IPatch". at the time of this post i havn't added the newest ch yet tho

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Something is strange ... I tried to "unren" (with .7+.8+.91) the rpa´s ... ... after finishing, ALL files are 0 bytes ...
Someone have an idea what´s wrong and why? ...
Same thing happened to me. I've had occasions where unren wasn't able to decompile rpyc files before, but I've never seen rpa extraction fail like this before.
Hm, um, yes. Just the usual. :rolleyes:
Newest version of Ren'py is a messy abomination. I have no idea how they managed to release something in the state it is, it's like it had no testing at all.

A few devs have redone their stuff in the previous version but some carried on.

Unren is useless with it and it has a ton of bugs.
Nothing to do with Unren, it's the new Ren'py version that is the problem.
Simply put: No.
Has absolutely nothing to do with RenPy. The RPA format was not changed since ages and this part of RenPy works cleanly.
Then why? That's the reason:
"loader.py" line 127:
Python:
# this game
key = int(l[25:33][::-1], 16)

# original renpy
key = int(l[25:33], 16)
bugs_yawn.gif

"RenPy Archive" key reversed. Thank your developer for this.
Greets.

Last edited:

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
PPLayer Glooskabe
If you're able to use python 3.6+ you can try my attached modified variant of RpaKit. Though i still have the unpacker in alpha state because there are still some little hiccups present, it works.
p.s.: Tested. Clean unpacking.
Where do we put this file in renpy sdk? Just in the renpy folder?

EDIT: nvm found usage instructions on github.

Last edited:

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
Then why? That's the reason:
"loader.py" line 127:
Python:
# this game
key = int(l[25:33][::-1], 16)

# original renpy
key = int(l[25:33], 16)
"RenPy Archive" key reversed. Thank your developer for this.
Are you saying this was done deliberately? If so, wtf for?

Welshie

May 28, 2017
Ok, I can see it has been asked but I know nothing of coding and can barely use an UnRen program to extract images from rpa files. From what I can gather from previous comments, the dev has changed the code for this version and that is why the UnRen is extracting 'empty' images.

Can someone explain if there is any way to extract the actual images without having to delve deep into the code? (as mentioned, I have very little knowledge of it)

If there is no way then there is no way, I just want to know so I can see if this update has content that I want to play.

Thanks in advance :)

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Where do we put this file in renpy sdk? Just in the renpy folder?

EDIT: nvm found usage instructions on github.
Yeah, sry forgot to mention.
Executing python3 rpakit.py --help on the CLI gives some meager info or you look in the repo to where i explained a bit more extended. :)

Also a warning: This version of rpakit does not work for normal RPA-3 archives anymore!
Are you saying this was done deliberately? If so, wtf for?
Without doubt.
Some devs try to hide the game content to some extend for multiple reasons. Thievery, unwanted usage of img/mov outside the game or in places with minors, unwished modification of the game/content, etc. Some of these are basically understandable, e.g.
  • if people come complaining to the dev for things(errors) he isn't to blame for
  • down-talk a game because they played a shitty mod/translation
  • unsubscribe for bad image quality because they used unknowingly a eye cancer inducing compressed version
or other stuff.
On the other side of this equation are the "good" modders, translators, bug-/hotfix makers who want to access stuff for helpful reasons. So... not this easy all of this this. Pro/Con for both.
In the end its of no use this hiding game. If you want to use something hidden again, there must be away to un-hide it. This "way" can be found by others. *Tada* :giggle: There we are.

Last edited:
Reactions: L3z1l3

Tysonator2000

Feb 24, 2020
I'm glad that if you pick Nickelback as your favourite band, you get a cringy response. As a Canadian and Albertan, the hate for Chad is very real. The radio stations still overplay their music even to this day. It's awful.

I'm intrigued to where the story is headed next with Nika. Will she join the harem or will she become an antagonist? Something about her I just don't trust.

Reactions: Burst Out Games
3.10 star(s) 75 Votes