Valaska

[PFF: Avarice Dev]
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Playing through the game right now on my old save, to check how it all looks and hear the music "in action"...

If I can have two suggestions, which are a little related to one another:

- when it comes to important decisions (such as Fort) do write in Journal/Events screen which decision I have taken. Something simple as "I have decided to do X". It would definitely improve the return to some old playthroughs/saves, after a long time of not playing;
- if that above is stupid suggestion - allow us to rename the saves - this way we could name them after what we have done in that playthrough;

I know it's better to play through the whole game again, just to see some improvements also on stuff that was previously added (see patch notes for build 25.0 which are for "Improved Combat Tutorial" "Polished Prologue" and jumping from Unity 2019 to Unity 2021), but sometimes it's also fun to continue from where you left.
Both of those are really good suggestions. A decision tracker would be really smart for us to do, and renaming saves, too. I am not sure if we can do the save thing, Deck would have to answer that since we use a JPEG save system and I am not sure if renaming them on the fly is possible with that system? Not sure.

Yeah for sure, we'll have to look at that soon!

Reactions: sadfasdsfsfdsfds
Dec 16, 2018
Also one more thing - I'm not sure if it's issue on my side, but the font on the map got really low quality for me. Dee also is slightly lower quality than the rest. I'm playing on Ultra 1920x1080 and low Fog of War.

1673735049430.png

Periah250

Feb 6, 2022
It's more like the devs for this game take supporter exclusive content rather seriously. More stuff becomes public over time so every new version technically has the most available. They don't go back and lock previously public stuff as far as I know.
im perfectly fine with content being locked for those who pay. but i saw something about some earlier versions having more h scenes or content for free rather than later updates because the devs locked stuff after the fact, i wasnt sure if this was true or false. if its false and stuff is locked for paying memebers before unlocking later on like most games then i have no issues.

but if what i heard about early versions having more content is true i wanted to know which ones. sadly im not in a finacially happy place right now so I can't support but id like to play the game again.

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Also one more thing - I'm not sure if it's issue on my side, but the font on the map got really low quality for me. Dee also is slightly lower quality than the rest. I'm playing on Ultra 1920x1080 and low Fog of War.

View attachment 2311702
deck Will need to take a look at it when he gets the fre time and hopefully he can figure that out for you!

im perfectly fine with content being locked for those who pay. but i saw something about some earlier versions having more h scenes or content for free rather than later updates because the devs locked stuff after the fact, i wasnt sure if this was true or false. if its false and stuff is locked for paying memebers before unlocking later on like most games then i have no issues.

but if what i heard about early versions having more content is true i wanted to know which ones. sadly im not in a finacially happy place right now so I can't support but id like to play the game again.
We have never locked any scenes that were previously public. The person earlier in this threat outright lied about how we handle this. We do not remove content. Again, this person outright lied.

Is Vaehill romanceable yet?
Not quite yet!

Reactions: Fyo

Periah250

Feb 6, 2022
deck Will need to take a look at it when he gets the fre time and hopefully he can figure that out for you!

We have never locked any scenes that were previously public. The person earlier in this threat outright lied about how we handle this. We do not remove content. Again, this person outright lied.

Not quite yet!

so latest update has most stuff. got it...still cant play it. my internet is awful right now so 6 gigs is a significant ask. i gotta wait for a better internet connection. thanks for the update.

deck

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017

View attachment 2311702
Make sure the graphics setting "Texture size limit" is set to 0. Higher values reduce the textures size.

Is Vaehill romanceable yet?
No, she is too fragile.

Terut

Nov 16, 2017
OK so what is a good guide for graphical settings of this game? I didn't know that about the texture size being 0 the best, not worst. Anything else I need to know, there's quite a lot of different options.

Fyo

Aug 14, 2017
Vaehill romance or riot. Doesn't need to be a sex scene. She deserves flowers and to be told she is a precious beautiful Lizard person!

Reactions: Valaska
Dec 16, 2018
Okay, I think I finished all new content. So for my thoughts about it:

- OH MY GOD. Aya and Dee are so cute together; <3

- You better don't plan to kill Redic at the end of the game or any characters mentioned above so I can be a best man on this wedding;

- also Samara reaction when you bring her for this quest is also life;

- the newest collectibles are harder to find (I think I managed to find only 2 ever since the update 22.0), which is really good. Really rewards the exploration;

- I absolutely love the fact that you added new poses for characters into the game. Make the game more alive and give characters more personality. I checked the gallery for them all, but I feel I would need to replay the game to fully appreciate them;

- I also love how you expanded on some locations - new paintings in brothel, a mosaic at old docks etc. It also make the world feel more alive, and these are the elements (especially mosaics) that I find even AAA Devs forgetting about. So it's fantastic that you are expanding on it.

- loved the fact that there are many ways to end Ogre Tribe quest. I do wonder if there will be some ramifications/consequences or anything depending on who you asked for help. For me at first I went with Dee and Alchemist, but goddamn if the Mara one also wasn't sweet;.

- one mechanical thing - I know there is already limit on the number of autosaves, but if I can suggest limiting the number of Autosaves created in Kaldea itself. I know autosaves creates every new location, but if it were possible to limit that in Kaldea it only saves in few locations like: Nathan's Inn, Trade District, Kaldea Townhall, I think it would be better;

- I absolutely love these little "slice of life" nature of some of these collectibles - from Samara and Katrina playing cards and drinking, through Scylla waking up being a little annoyed/embarassed by two cuddling her elves still sleeping, to group chilling in a bath. I really wouldn't be opposed to having more events like that :3;

- one small bug I noticed in text - in the newest Aya scene first you get a Redic POV, then you jump immediately/without any notice into Aya's POV. See here:
1673874458343.png

EDIT: Possible bug - taking Scylla with you to the Ogre Village quests for some reason disabled the inventory/journal and the rest of the screens to me, which made it impossible to share food. Haven't had that problem with other companions, only her. Will try to restart it later to see if it is persisting problem.

EDIT2: It was one-time bug, haven't had problem now. That being said Scylla is still the only dialogue that closes after asking one question in Savannah location.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Valaska

zahenix

Sep 22, 2018
so a bit of a question, how can you earn money in the game? i have a quest with Osh'to and i don't want to cheat since the game so far is by far my favourite of the collection i have so i don't want to spoil the game by cheating and want to enjoy it.

Reactions: sterygc

deck

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
so a bit of a question, how can you earn money in the game? i have a quest with Osh'to and i don't want to cheat since the game so far is by far my favourite of the collection i have so i don't want to spoil the game by cheating and want to enjoy it.
You should be able to do her quest without much money, check the for how. There is no way to earn money outside of the quests at the moment, but we plan to add some recurring sources eventually, like repeatable mini-quests.

- one mechanical thing - I know there is already limit on the number of autosaves, but if I can suggest limiting the number of Autosaves created in Kaldea itself. I know autosaves creates every new location, but if it were possible to limit that in Kaldea it only saves in few locations like: Nathan's Inn, Trade District, Kaldea Townhall, I think it would be better;
Hm, I will think about it.

- one small bug I noticed in text - in the newest Aya scene first you get a Redic POV, then you jump immediately/without any notice into Aya's POV. See here:
View attachment 2315458
That's intended, he is sort of daydreaming about her perspective.

EDIT: Possible bug - taking Scylla with you to the Ogre Village quests for some reason disabled the inventory/journal and the rest of the screens to me, which made it impossible to share food. Haven't had that problem with other companions, only her. Will try to restart it later to see if it is persisting problem.

EDIT2: It was one-time bug, haven't had problem now. That being said Scylla is still the only dialogue that closes after asking one question in Savannah location.
Could you zip and send me your save folder: C:/Users/USER_NAME/AppData/LocalLow/TeamDeadDeer/PriceForFreedom

OK so what is a good guide for graphical settings of this game? I didn't know that about the texture size being 0 the best, not worst. Anything else I need to know, there's quite a lot of different options.
Using the Graphics Quality dropdown should be enough in most cases. The FoW has the most impact on performance.

zahenix

Sep 22, 2018
You should be able to do her quest without much money, check the for how. There is no way to earn money outside of the quests at the moment, but we plan to add some recurring sources eventually, like repeatable mini-quests.
thank you, i really don't look into walkthroughs since they may contain spoilers that may spoil the game big time for me, but since you guys seem really helpful and responsive then you def deserve the love, keep it up.

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
I'm disappointed that I can't reveal Lady Wolf to Said.she is so powerful that we can't kill her?
Yeah, the bit where she ripped the rusted door clear from its hinges was supposed to be a hint, but without an animation maybe it didn't translate too well. You could stab and slash at her for quite a long time before you do any meaningful damage, and it would only take one swipe by her to break your spine if she put her power into a swing.

Redic and Einad aren't exactly equipped to deal with her.

4.10 star(s) 35 Votes