deck

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Just for the record, this beta wasn't meant for public consumption, it still has some known bugs.

can you please put avarice on steam as well? i been playing this game for years now and i want to buy but you wont let me lol
We'll put it on Steam when it is finished, but in the meantime we are also working on a little spin off for Steam:

1717005403320.gif

Add it to your Steam wishlist!

is there a way to fully clear my save data? im trying to start clean but i seem to run into a bug. i reached the violet oasis and tried to speak to the fox girl in upstairs and she reacts as if she knows the main character and that they're a good lay. its a fresh save but my older saves were still present. i dunno what happened.
Remove the files in C:/Users/USER_NAME/AppData/LocalLow/TeamDeadDeer/PriceForFreedom
What you experienced sounds like a bug though, I'll check it.

Yo Valaska what was the end of the AMD saga? I remember running into you being like "my GPU crashing" in some tech forum at some point.
He RMA'd it and went for nvidia IIRC, no problems since.

Is there any chance to compress the game? 7.5 GBs is such a killer.
We could make smaller builds variant potentially, but it's annoying to manage so not sure.
You can also which let you play while the game is downloading in the background.

I haven't followed this game in quite a while. In the past three years, have they actually added any more content to the skill trees?
A little bit, but we have plans to fully rework the skills system, so the current system wont improve until we implement the new one.

As I understand it, the Patreon code still does not open all the content?
It's a cheat code, so it doesn't unlock the patreon content, just the cheats.

I'm having a issue where it wont load the old docks for me. Is there a fix for that?
Yes, this is now fixed and will be in build 32 release, Next week.

Reactions: Xypher

Valaska

[PFF: Avarice Dev]
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Yo Valaska what was the end of the AMD saga? I remember running into you being like "my GPU crashing" in some tech forum at some point.
Well... I got a Nvidia card haha... it was the only solution. 2 RMA'd 7900 XTX's and tested them on 2 machines, yeah.... 7600 didn't time out on the same machine in the same games so it is 100% the AMD drivers in 7XXX series as the 7600 DOES time out for other people in some games.

Sucks, AMDs' hardware seems solid and great 7000 series wise, but these driver timeouts are insanely bad.

Digteren

Nov 1, 2020
Well... I got a Nvidia card haha... it was the only solution. 2 RMA'd 7900 XTX's and tested them on 2 machines, yeah.... 7600 didn't time out on the same machine in the same games so it is 100% the AMD drivers in 7XXX series as the 7600 DOES time out for other people in some games.

Sucks, AMDs' hardware seems solid and great 7000 series wise, but these driver timeouts are insanely bad.
Ah alright.
I saw a solution that suggested there is some fault in RDNA 3 and it didn't meet performance expectations, so they factory overclocked them so much the driver shits the bed and then by underclocking them like 10-15% you can avoid the issue. Not certain that's true, but I guess it doesn't matter because it feels bad to have to do when you're paying that much for a GPU.
Thanks for answering ^^

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Ah alright.
I saw a solution that suggested there is some fault in RDNA 3 and it didn't meet performance expectations, so they factory overclocked them so much the driver shits the bed and then by underclocking them like 10-15% you can avoid the issue. Not certain that's true, but I guess it doesn't matter because it feels bad to have to do when you're paying that much for a GPU.
Thanks for answering ^^
Nah... I did every single potential fix. It's inherently an issue with the DX12 implementation int he software suite.

• Sad
Reactions: Digteren

AM97

Oct 9, 2017
Is there another way I can download the game or do I nee to download one of the 8GB files ?

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Is there another way I can download the game or do I nee to download one of the 8GB files ?
There's 3gb bite-sized portions of small bits of the game available on WebGL but they only have a few hour pint-sized bits of the main game usually focused to 1 quest.

holderofthings

May 23, 2024
Is it possible to retroactively modify Sa'id's fate with cheats/save modifications? I played the prologue on WebGL where I took him with me, but I skipped it when playing the downloaded version and it seems to have defaulted to him being left behind.

4.10 star(s) 35 Votes