SpecterX

Apr 29, 2020
I haven't played this game for almost 2 years now, is there any changes that require me to restart from the beginning?

deck

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
How much content exactly is in this game? A couple hours? Or more specifically, how much H-Content is in this game? Cuz honestly, the art looks really promising
At least a dozen hours, and probably a lot more if you don't skip the fights and dialogues. There is like 60 animated scenes, depending on how you count.

Reactions: MrStal0ne

Valaska

[PFF: Avarice Dev]
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
kinda ironic, alot of content locked. the price for freedom. EA
And 10 hours of content-free... while we are an indie team relying on crowdfunding, so it is what it is yeah. This project could not exist without our backers.

Kristovpher

Nov 4, 2022
Why is there no rape tag? The very first sexual encounter is you getting raped!
Is there anymore scenes like this in the game? I'd like a heads up to know if I should keep playing.

Reactions: HeroicHeretic

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Why is there no rape tag? The very first sexual encounter is you getting raped!
Is there anymore scenes like this in the game? I'd like a heads up to know if I should keep playing.
So far that's the only one, and one more where a you can do a contest with a chick over hunting and she can wager her ass on it and she starts out a little dubcon.

Also you can stop the first scene by stabbing her.

Digteren

Nov 1, 2020
Yo devs when this game finally releases, say on steam or gog or wherever, is all the content planned to be included?
I'm quite happy to pay for games, but I'd like the full experience, so when some games release like "Here's the full game except that Halloween event that's still only on patreon" I come closer to sailing the high seas.

Reactions: Valaska

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Yo devs when this game finally releases, say on steam or gog or wherever, is all the content planned to be included?
I'm quite happy to pay for games, but I'd like the full experience, so when some games release like "Here's the full game except that Halloween event that's still only on patreon" I come closer to sailing the high seas.
Howdy! Good question.

When we begin distribution for a final sale it will be an absolute final on steam, steam is just... it's where you're probably going to make the majority of your money so using it to try and attract people to Patreon is kind of odd to me. Post that once when hit on Steam we may deliver traditional DLC or Expansions later, which would be traditionally modelled. Like Phantom Liberty, for instance, that content will be purchasable outright for that project.

The Patreon at that point will be used to fund and develop our next project(s). If someone is funding by patreon it might unlock that DLC of course, but I couldn't imagine a scenario where we won't distribute content on Steam unless Valve does not specifically allow us to do so. But realistically we have no content I can imagine that Valve would take an issue with.

I am actually trying to think WHY you would make some content exclusive to Patreon/Subscribestar over Steam... it doesn't really make sense, it has a larger market and every release if it's met positively will push your project further and further in terms of SEO/Discoverability on Steam. You'd be hurting yourself at that rate trying to push people towards crowdfunding instead of using crowdfunding to bring your product to distribution (Steam/Itch/Nutaku/NintendoStore/etc).

Reactions: Digteren

Digteren

Nov 1, 2020
Oh I think the main reason to make some content backer exclusive is to lock them in. No different than say preorder rewards.
That's just the kind of stuff that turns me off a game.

Kristovpher

Nov 4, 2022
So far that's the only one, and one more where a you can do a contest with a chick over hunting and she can wager her ass on it and she starts out a little dubcon.

You can? There was something about him reaching for his dagger, but no option to stab.

Chad54321

Dec 2, 2019

Does it count as a rape tag if rape is present in the game?
Like the bandit fort where you find the girls there.

And I think its more coercion in Aya's case, since she was the one that made the bet and put her ass on the line.

MrCrazy123

Feb 6, 2019

And I think its more coercion in Aya's case, since she was the one that made the bet and put her ass on the line.
It's a complicated issue, if a game has 50 hours of content and there is one 5 minute skippable scene featuring two men in erotic embrace, would you tag the game 'gay'?

It's objectively true the game does contain 'gay' content, however the whole point of tagging things is so people can find or avoid them. A player who wanted a gay game would be unsatisfied with a game that featured such a small amount of content in such a long game. Meanwhile a player who wanted to avoid gay content wouldn't really have anything to worry about anyway, as the vast majority of the game is straight, the scene is skippable, and you can always just mash through dialogue even if the scene was forced.

I'd probably say that tags should only be used to identify the large themes of the game, or content that makes regular appearances. The rules of the site may be different from my personal opinion, but at least you can see how it's not as cut and dry as 'there is a rape in the game, so tag it as rape'.

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Hmmm weird, yeah you can stab her to get out of it.

It's been rewritten to be more consenting too, but yeah it was dubcon coercion-ish. She did agree to it, though.

It's a complicated issue, if a game has 50 hours of content and there is one 5 minute skippable scene featuring two men in erotic embrace, would you tag the game 'gay'?

It's objectively true the game does contain 'gay' content, however the whole point of tagging things is so people can find or avoid them. A player who wanted a gay game would be unsatisfied with a game that featured such a small amount of content in such a long game. Meanwhile a player who wanted to avoid gay content wouldn't really have anything to worry about anyway, as the vast majority of the game is straight, the scene is skippable, and you can always just mash through dialogue even if the scene was forced.

I'd probably say that tags should only be used to identify the large themes of the game, or content that makes regular appearances. The rules of the site may be different from my personal opinion, but at least you can see how it's not as cut and dry as 'there is a rape in the game, so tag it as rape'.
Yeah, it's actually a good question since it is a HEAVY tag. Our scene rides the line, too. Now that there's an exit from it... but at the end of the day with one option of responses, it's him reserving himself to sexual assault. One option is to go along with it with some enthusiasm, and the hard out to stab her, now.

I do sort of agree it should be the larger themes. But not sure.

4.10 star(s) 35 Votes