MarioMUI

Jan 20, 2018
Here's a folder Icon if anyone is interested I like to make folder Icons for games I like to play and continue where I left off
Price for freedom folder icon.png
the zip file contains both the png and ico, if you don't know how to change your folder Icon it's quite easy
Extract the Price for freedom folder icon.ico wherever you want then right-click on the main game folder and select
Properties > Customize > Change Icon... > and select the folder Icon that you extracted and click Apply > OK should refresh to see the change you are done.

ArcherC

Sep 1, 2017
Anyone else have the issue where the opening screen just doesn't let you select either "Yes" or "No"? Hell, I can't seem to interact with anything on the screen. Didn't have this issue in build 17.

Curious, when the window is not the focus and I move my mouse over the options, it highlights them appropriately. But as soon as it becomes the focused window, it stops responding to clicks.

The inability to interact with anything on the screen makes it impossible to even send a bug report.

[EDIT]
After further experimentation, it seems that build 26 was the last that worked fine. All later ones exhibit the same issue.

[EDIT2]
Ok, so it seems the game doesn't necessarily scrub input from joysticks and throttles. It was being overwhelmed by commands from my HOTAS and rudder pedals. Unplugging those devices fixed the issue.

Last edited:

deck

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Anyone else have the issue where the opening screen just doesn't let you select either "Yes" or "No"? Hell, I can't seem to interact with anything on the screen. Didn't have this issue in build 17.

Curious, when the window is not the focus and I move my mouse over the options, it highlights them appropriately. But as soon as it becomes the focused window, it stops responding to clicks.

The inability to interact with anything on the screen makes it impossible to even send a bug report.

[EDIT]
After further experimentation, it seems that build 26 was the last that worked fine. All later ones exhibit the same issue.

[EDIT2]
Ok, so it seems the game doesn't necessarily scrub input from joysticks and throttles. It was being overwhelmed by commands from my HOTAS and rudder pedals. Unplugging those devices fixed the issue.
Thanks for the edits, I think this should work on the next build (filtered unsupported devices out).

DogancanYr

Sep 22, 2023
Game is nice, but it bothers me that it is not in my own language. I looked at how I could change the texts, but the language files are encrypted. Can't other people change it ?

LS47

Oct 5, 2021
I don't think there is an in-depth walkthrough anywhere (and the official one on the website doesn't help whatsoever), so does anyone know how to complete that part of Scylla's quest, where you have to interact with an odd book ? I've already clicked on the blue one before that quest appeared, but now it doesn't do anything, and nothing special appeared.

1.png

2.png

deck

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
I don't think there is an in-depth walkthrough anywhere (and the official one on the website doesn't help whatsoever), so does anyone know how to complete that part of Scylla's quest, where you have to interact with an odd book ? I've already clicked on the blue one before that quest appeared, but now it doesn't do anything, and nothing special appeared.

View attachment 3204627

View attachment 3204631
There should be something on the floor, bottom right, but it looks like you have a bug. Could you send a bug report (bottom left button of the main menu).

LS47

Oct 5, 2021
There should be something on the floor, bottom right, but it looks like you have a bug. Could you send a bug report (bottom left button of the main menu).
I've sent the bug report. Thank you for taking some time to fix my issue.

LS47

Oct 5, 2021
I think it's a bug from build 28. Load the save #86 with build 30, continue and the book should drop.
Just upgraded my game from 29 to 30, the book has appeared normally. I guess this was because I had started the update in the middle of the quest, i don't know. But it works now, thank you for your help.

Ze_Helltaker

Nov 4, 2023
First of all, I'd like to thank @TeamDeadDeer for this fantastic game, it's been very impressive so far, I really can't wait when when you wrap up the story and polish the combat system(e.g. implementing all the combat talents) and other elements that need polishing (e.g. making use of the inventory items that for now are useless, like bullets) because when that time comes, it's going to be a masterpiece. Plus, that classic Baldur's Gate 1 and 2(particularly 2) vibe you can find in your game, that's just priceless.

In my opinion the biggest strenght of your game are the characters, I'm sure many have said that, but I have to do it myself, the main girls in particular, are absolutely gorgeous and full of life, each with her distinctive look, behaviour and habits, and what's more, even the specific way of talking, like Scylla for example, don't think about changing that, it's a small detail, but that's what makes the characters even more memorable.

It's horribly difficult to decide which of the girls is more loveable, but after considering my favourite one is the sweet Hiho, not only because she's so beautiful, but also because of how her character is written, other girls are great, each in their own way, but for Hiho I can't help but to have the biggest weakness. That's why I have a question for the members of your team that frequent this forum, when are you planning to add new Hiho-related content? And if you can answer it at the moment, when can we expect the next update(meaning any update, not necessarily Hiho-related one)? I'm looking forward to see the continuation of the main quest soon, hopefully.

Wrapping up, thanks in advance if you read that, @TeamDeadDeer members, hoping for the answers to my few questions, and I wish every Price for Freedom player here the best of luck in finding their way through the dangers and intrigues of the city of Kaldea ;)

Hb8990

May 10, 2020
Since release 30 the game kind of works with BepInEx again as it uses Unity 2022.3. This means:
  • Those interested in Machine Translating the game with XUnity.AutoTranslator might attempt to do so again (note that the game supports some other languages, check it out in the options). I did a short test and it seemed to be working partially: hotkeys like Alt+0 don't work but most text seems to be translating.
  • I'll release the Patreon Crack as a BepInEx plugin as it requires less effort to maintain.
Download: Mega

FAQ
Q: What is this?
It's a crack that enables patreon content and removes the code to unlock the gallery.

Q: How do I use it?
Place all files in the root game folder (same folder as PriceForFreedom.exe). If you see a console window when you start the game you installed it correctly. The first time you launch the game or when you update the game it will take longer to load as BepInEx is doing its thing.

Q: Can I use this on Mac/Linux?
No, works on Windows x64 only. You might be able to get it to work with Wine/Crossover/Proton/VM. But no plan to support more platforms from my side.

Q: Can you help me with ...?
No. Cracks are provided as is. If you have any issues consider supporting the Devs and their work. Free version with locked content is totally playable.
Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 12.28.29 PM.png Where's the root game folder?

4.10 star(s) 35 Votes