ArbuzBudesh

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2018
Core members are just 4, other 4 are contributing but are more commission based depending on need and time avaliable.

Valaska

[PFF: Avarice Dev]
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Noted, I will be careful not to end up in the situation where I will kill off most of my party.
Btw. That reminded me
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Of course these are just my thoughts, I get it's small team we talking about, so the load of work that it requires to make a quest needs to be tempered with reality. Many projects had fallen from being too ambitious.(RIP World of Darkness MMO, Hopefully VTM:B2 won't share your fater, nor will it be as buggy as the first game was.)
That does sound pretty cool to have roaming npc's to spice things up or even just roaming NPC's to keep interest up. What is an EQ though? I just know that as Everquest haha. But yeah we definitely have to tweak Whispering Brook a bit. I am working on post-quest state of things which I think might make it feel more worth it at the end. After that LONG ASS section, seeing the world and town actually change according to your decisions... I think that will help.

lol I think vampire will be pretty decently well off. I am a little worried they might tone down some of the best parts of the first game in order to make it more "acceptable" for a modern market... but yeah they have a lot more money now so it'll probably be really polished at least! I would be fine with bugs if they give us the old experience with some fancy graphics haha. I just hope they keep it fun and zany... sounds like they are screwing with the Malkavians though.

Joyvankek

Dec 9, 2019
What is an EQ though?
Equipment.

I am working on post-quest state of things which I think might make it feel more worth it at the end. After that LONG ASS section, seeing the world and town actually change according to your decisions... I think that will help.
Indeed, that's why choices that matters, have consequences and affect world are the best parts, if not outright defining pars of an RPG genere if you ask me. It certainly would make that quest more engaging if there will be something at stake.

lol I think vampire will be pretty decently well off. I am a little worried they might tone down some of the best parts of the first game in order to make it more "acceptable" for a modern market...
Considering that the writers are on the more... "progressive" side of things, it makes me worried, their tempering with malkavians is another warning sign. They have people who worked on original though, so maybe they will keep their ideology spreading happy elements of the team in check. We can only wait and hope.
On top of that V5 already screwed my favorite clan Tremere... They also turned Brujah from misguided idealistic/hot blooded clan into outright "anti"fa like clan. That's what White Wolf under Paradox has been doing. Eh, but I will keep my optimism or rather what remains of it and wait. Though I won't be pre-ordering just in case.

I would be fine with bugs if they give us the old experience with some fancy graphics haha.
Fully agreed, if they will manage to deliver story and that feeling of actually being the monster/vampire like the VtM:B did, then I will be happy.

Reactions: Valaska

TakosMilGrau

Sep 25, 2018
Stupid question that I maybe shoudl've search before asking, but you know, I'm too lazy atm: what is the minimum patreon tier you need to be to have access to the patreon-only content of the game?
Or is any tier valid?

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Stupid question that I maybe shoudl've search before asking, but you know, I'm too lazy atm: what is the minimum patreon tier you need to be to have access to the patreon-only content of the game?
Or is any tier valid?
Crap... have we really not made that clear enough? Sorry about that, we should fix that up! But you get all patreon game content with the $5 pledge.

TakosMilGrau

Sep 25, 2018
Crap... have we really not made that clear enough? Sorry about that, we should fix that up! But you get all patreon game content with the $5 pledge.
Actually, I'm stupid, it clearly states "Patreon Build access" on the $5 tier. I probably didn't read it right, earlier. Thanks for the reply, tho. I'm planning on contributing a month or another, when possible.

Reactions: Valaska

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Zkyxm3c.jpg

Right on time! Feels... that just, it feels hecking nice. Sorry for the preamble of me just gushing over this... but I am very happy we're getting this out on time. I am hoping to keep this momentum up. Some updates naturally take a little more time though of course. But we will always try to give release dates and stick to them best we can in the future. We won't have any droughts like those past 3 months, if delays do happen we're going to show you in-depth the why and how we plan to break the log.

We've been bringing more and more support staff into the team, including full-time team members. I am amazed to see the group grow and we have some extremely talented people just joining. I want to take a time to thank those people on our team personally and also on part of Arbuz Budesh, and deck.

ZlaSlova (Formerly Hurfy) - Artist
  • Zla, you have went from rusty and needing a lot of guidance to an artist force in such a short order of time. It's been incredible watching your improvement over time. I know you doubt your talent, but you shouldn't. The work you do on architecture is jaw-dropping and was the major thing I was excited for in this update. To see the cities come to life... you are helping us all deliver a dream and vision to our patrons. I couldn't imagine the project without you. You're a colleague and more-so you are a friend to us all.
Psychix (of Psyware) - Composer
  • Psychix, the music you make is beautiful stuff. You work so incredibly fast and you make music that I wish we could pay more for... I constantly am worried you're going to get stolen away by some big-time massive studio! Haha. But we're all so grateful for the music you've made for us so far.
Sixies - Artist
  • Sixies, welcome aboard! You are just such an insanely skilled artist, I can't get over the sketches you do! I have... plans... oh-hoho... such plans with your sketch ability... Mwahahaha. But seriously, your codex sketches are phenomenal! They're making some great prop artwork for us.
We have also brought on another writer to hopefully make updates not so insanely weighted! HookedonPhoenix, a writer from over at SoC will be trying out working over here with us at Team Dead Deer! Now onto the update;

Patreon Build 13

At long last, you can meet the fourth companion. The ogress Osh'to, pictures up above. She'll be shovelling shit over at the gatehouse. We're also releasing another one of the sentient races in our setting, the lobster-like Kyot.

Changelog:

1. [Patreon] Osh'To companion quest.
  2. [Patreon] Osh'To H-scene.
  3. [Public] Katrina H-scene.
  4. Kyot friends and foes.
  5. 2 new collectibles.
  6. 5 new locations.
  7. Gatehouse location beautification
  8. Rework the Trade District location beautification.
  9. 1 new song
  10. 1 codex entry.
  11. Pack Mule passive to increase the max carry weight.

Next Update:

The next update will focus on revisiting the start of Samara's quest and reworking it. There will be some new locations added to it. I'll be reworking some of the dialogue and narrative too. I am hoping to get a Whisperin Brook post-quest state in for that as well, but that's not set in stone. So this will be our top layer work, the second layer of work will be preparing and working towards the next large update. The third is going to be an always pervasive filling in lore, codexes, journals, books. Things we can do while there is some downtime.

Take care!

Jyk

Oct 27, 2019
Hey not sure if this is just me or if I missed the fix, but when I am using the mac version and I open it up, it gets stuck on the loading screen after it asks you whether you want to login to patreon. Do i need to do something extra?

Reactions: Dri0n

redhot1234

Jul 2, 2017
Hey not sure if this is just me or if I missed the fix, but when I am using the mac version and I open it up, it gets stuck on the loading screen after it asks you whether you want to login to patreon. Do i need to do something extra?
I don't have a mac so i can't test it. I used the windows x64 version.
I don't know if the mac and windows versions use the same Assembly-CSharp.dll but on the mac version the dll is located in [...\PriceForFreedom.app\Contents\Resources\Data\Managed]

Last edited:

ponder719

Jan 7, 2018
Hey, Valaska, I saw the posts about black screens, and the low fps one by cyberfreak, and I felt I should share my experience. I have a Win10 box, i5-9400, RTX 2060, so it should be OK handling the game, but the results I get in my management software are kind of troubling.

At rest (by which I mean now, with just firefox, notepad, and the gpu monitoring software open), the GPU runs at about 35-36C, somewhere between 3-10% load, clock speeds around 300 mhz, and fan speeds around 1000 rpm.

I opened another unity game, windowed, 1900x1200, ultra settings, and got up to a temperature between 37-38C, anywhere from 10-40% load, a clock speed ranging between 405-1300 mhz, and fan speeds still roughly 1000 rpm.

Then I opened Price for Freedom. The temperature immediately spiked to 50C, and settled in at 39-40C on the load screen. Fan speed immediately spiked to 1130 rpm. Once I started playing the game (and this wasn't much, it was about 10 seconds), when my mouse was active in the game screen, the temperature of my GPU jumped to 58-60C, the load stayed between 90-97%, the clock speeds hit 1935 mhz, and the fans jumped to 140 rpm. As soon as I clicked outside of the window (didn't close it, just clicked outside) it began to drop back to something closer to a rest state. (I was alerted to all of this because of some previous attempts to play the game, where I got thrown messages about the GPU temperature spiking to over 82C, and that being a hazard if left on too long.) I don't know what's going on to cause so much strain on even a fairly new GPU, but I can imagine stress like that doing a number on an older machine, which could be part of what cyberfreak is experiencing.

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
dilbert719 Hrmm... interesting. We'll have to look more into it and see if it's because of the resolution of our image files or whatnot. If you do unfocus from a window it drops in priority so that's likely the reason it dropped. It's odd... I run an;

R9 290x
R5 2600x
Win10

My load doesn't spike as much as your own. There's a lot of factors that go into it ofc, air flow, paste, etc. We're trying to keep it optimized enough so a wide amount of people can run the game. How is fullscreen for you? But ah yeah 58-60C is fine for running, 82C yikes. That's still below TJ Max on your GPU but that is pretty intriguing it taxed your system that much when you should be kicking my butt in performance. I'll have to try and replicate your own results, your GPU is stronger than mine for sure so I should be able to do so.

We'll try and look into it. We're hoping our low settings are enough to let a wide variety of people play. It's not exactly optimized yet. We're still building core stuff as we go, and we only have so much control over the unity side of things.

K3NJ1

I'm so smart it hurts
Modder
Donor
Jul 26, 2018
OP Updated: Added Build 13 Winx64/x32/Mac/Linux

azraelswegul

Dec 27, 2017
mac version is still buggy as hell with almost immediate black screen that makes it impossible to advance in the story.

4.10 star(s) 35 Votes