MoreNow

Nov 25, 2017
Not sure how you're expected to play this

The width of the screen is barely longer than the goblin's vision, so if he's looking in your direction you're going to get chased
And you can't escape him because you run at the same speed, and of course if you get on the chains whilst he's chasing you he won't be fooled.
Is there a sprint button I'm missing?
fucking spot on. seems like great animations and story/enemies/world but completely unplayable. oh well.

Wow132666

Jul 14, 2021
This game is great. Wish there was a way to save my progress, though, cause I'm not gonna be able to finish this all in one sitting

Jeramaise

Nov 1, 2021
Short demo, but plenty to pique my interest. Some thoughts, a map system would be a welcome inclusion, and some indication that your spawn point has changed when you get to those spots. Really, Really loved the art style, and the animation was right up my alley. Looking forward to more!

AnonKitten

Mar 21, 2019
This is an amazing game but it's unplayable due to the "if you make a single misclick you lose 20-30 mins of progress" situation.

Gazael

Jun 6, 2017
yeah this game makes absolutely no sense. even if i use the chains and they turn around, i still "die" and restart. is everyone here trolling? absolutely impossible to get past the first area with the two goblins and the two locked gates.
No, either you do it wrong or it's bugged. It's basically that you have to use the chains before they spot you. Are they looking in your direction and are on your screen before you are chained? That means they already saw you. Using the chains at the exact tiem they turn around? They already saw you. Get a bit too close if not using the chains? You ran into their arms.

Best strategy is to use the chains and then wait a bit if a goblin comes or not, then proceed to the next chain

Reactions: MoreNow

MoreNow

Nov 25, 2017
No, either you do it wrong or it's bugged. It's basically that you have to use the chains before they spot you. Are they looking in your direction and are on your screen before you are chained? That means they already saw you. Using the chains at the exact tiem they turn around? They already saw you. Get a bit too close if not using the chains? You ran into their arms.

Best strategy is to use the chains and then wait a bit if a goblin comes or not, then proceed to the next chain
appreciate your post.
it's def got bugs - they are able to see me before i see them. maybe thats not a bug technically, but something about the display size or enemy vision range etc idk.

i extracted the game fresh and gave it another go without changing anything and it did work better but still had range vision issues. my resolution is 2560 x 1600. sometimes hgames play fine, sometimes they totally break.

Daskolin

Sep 28, 2017
yeah this game makes absolutely no sense. even if i use the chains and they turn around, i still "die" and restart. is everyone here trolling? absolutely impossible to get past the first area with the two goblins and the two locked gates.
Comparing to wolf dungeon? Easiest casual game ever made

Joe Brass

Nov 20, 2017
This is what I did. I learned where the goblins were (and their path) and then I left the room and re-entered. That will reset them. Then you run the the furthest set of chains you can make it to WITHOUT being seen. Then get on the chains, wait until he walks by, get up, and keep moving. I pretty much just did that the whole game.

Using the whole "Leave the room to reset them" thing helps a ton! I suck at explaining so hopefully this is enough to help out.

Reactions: MoreNow

MoreNow

Nov 25, 2017
This is what I did. I learned where the goblins were (and their path) and then I left the room and re-entered. That will reset them. Then you run the the furthest set of chains you can make it to WITHOUT being seen. Then get on the chains, wait until he walks by, get up, and keep moving. I pretty much just did that the whole game.

Using the whole "Leave the room to reset them" thing helps a ton! I suck at explaining so hopefully this is enough to help out.
hey i appreciate your post! thanks for sharing how you figured that out. i did give it another go and the animations and style really are extremely good.

hopefully the dev will work on the game issues more. "being seen" is a lame mechanic but makes sense for an early build. a better or more interesting game mechanic could be the character has to have a certain level of something... maybe she has to do gloryhole service in order to have enough mess on her body to not alert the guards, or something similar, so she can "get by" guards, instead of being chained to a wall? the chained to the wall mechanic works and i get it but other strategies would make the world for the character feel more interesting.

Reactions: Joe Brass

Joe Brass

Nov 20, 2017
Does anybody else know any other games like this?
I know Thornsin and Syahata a Bad Day. Any others?
"Like this" is kinda vague to me. But I have some games you could check out.

There's the Fighting Girl Series:
Fighting Girl Sakura
Fighting Girl Sakura-R
and Magical Angel Fairy Heart

I haven't played in forever- so I can't remember some of these are bad or good, but there's the 2D games like:
Virus Z
Virus Z 2
Parasite In City
Captivity
Forest of the Blue Skins

Hope some of these games work- they're all platformers :) I'm gonna try that "Thornsin" game out, never played it :3

Zanurah

Jul 10, 2022
Not bad for a demo. Hoping we get a crawl function at some point. I'll admit I feel spoiled by Alps, though, where it felt like a lot of its charm comes from its character's expressions toward anything in her path. Here? You'd think our bunny lass would have some sort of expression whenever she sees something out to get her. Even if it's a subtle change in behaviour.

Anyway, probably the weakest element of this game so far is the walk animation. Again, for a priestess trying to escape she doesn't seem to care all that much. Make her look more afraid. Make her look apprehensive about any direction she takes.

3.40 star(s) 7 Votes