RPGM - Completed - Princess Knight Rose [Final] [Darumaya]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Batface

finished this under 4 hours by using cheat of course, because i don't want the mc to climax every step she takes.
    the game is simple mc is running around solving puzzle but the lack of translation will really hinder your progress especially if u skip the dialogue.
    the art is not the selling point the corruption is, ur mc can get afflicted with temporary and permanent status effect, someof them can change the mc body example breast enlargement, mc sesivity will rise too every time she is toyed.
    without the cheat i probably gonna give it 3 star because everyone here says the game is about 10 to 15 hours, which i assume most of them are climax when walking which can be hot but after hundreds of time it will be annoying instead
    This is just my review tho.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

IndriIndri

Version: Final (Dyulam MTL)

I will preface this by saying I did not play through the majority of the second part of the game, but I can definitely see why this game is well reviewed.

You should take this into account though as I have a bit more negative to say about the game than the previous reviews, so check them as well if you are curious about this game.

_____

To give context to my points below, here is how the game is structured:

There are 3 major sections, with the first being a dungeon, the second being the 50 days to execution and the final being the escape sequence .
    • The primary dungeon is filled with traps, enemies and puzzles and mostly serves to get you familiar with traps, enemies and puzzles while also setting up the story.

• The main part of the game is in the second where you have to find a way to escape being a prisoner while earning money, usually by whoring yourself out. This is where most of the "permanent modifiers" are earned and is the biggest chunk of the gameplay with a lot of puzzle elements in trying to figure out how to escape.

• The Finale is escaping from the prison (which only applies if you don't get a bad end from the second part) and amplifies a lot of the first dungeon with more traps and enemies.

My playthrough consisted of completing the first section, a short portion of the second part of the game and everything after the "jailbreak" sequence with a save provided in the forums.

At some point I may come back to this game, but there were some factors that just made me not want to continue even knowing that the second part of the game is the most well received part.

______

Positives:

• For me at least I don't mind the art and there is a good amount of different scenes both with humans and monsters. It's worth checking the screenshots beforehand as it does not deviate from this artstyle much so not much point if you think the artstyle is not appealing.

• The sensitivity/self esteem system and how it progresses through the game is quite nice, and I'm a fan of the whole Permanent Modifiers which increase how easy it is to be stimulated or have other effects that make it more difficult to avoid cumming

• The games take on Corruption through constant sexual encounters causing her body to be more sensitive and the body itself molded by her encounters is something a lot of corruption games I've played don't do, which is definitely one of the biggest strengths of the game.

• The "Thoughts" section of the menu is a pretty nice addition as it gives Rose's thoughts on her current situation and this basically helps you figure out what to do next. I was able to translate this menu so I knew what it was saying, but even if you don't the menu also comes with a map of the current level you are in, at least for the first and third sections. These are a great help in navigating some of the puzzles and figuring out where to go.

• I like the different expressions Rose has that are present both in her standing CG and the sex scenes she gets involved in. How they change based on her arousal state and sensitivity was quite nice.

• There are quite a lot of different costumes Rose can wear once you get to the second part of the game, and they are all split into different parts that can be mixed and matched as you want. These are all represented in the standing CG, so I have to give credit when a lot of the time costumes are just a one set that you equip and not multiple parts

• A huge amount of the CGs present have 3 different variations based on Roses breast size (which is affected by a permanent modifier) and more variations for her expression changes. They are also not just a single asset edit that is slapped onto the normal CG but the scene itself is, as far as I can tell, redrawn with the new assets/expressions. Her breast size changing how the poses on men/monsters groping her is something I appreciate, particularly at the biggest size and her nipples are larger.

• The first part of the game had some interesting puzzles, although some of the difficulty is just in figuring out what the text and thoughts actually are trying to tell you. Still, I think some of the moving pillar puzzles and figuring out how the tentacle monsters work was a good introduction to the game.

• Without too much detail, I did like the story parts with the third section of the game and the true ending does give Rose the happiness she deserves despite numerous problems during the story.
    _____

Negatives:

• At the time of playing the translation is very, very rough. You'd be lucky to understand half of whats going on with the dialogue. The Data Fix does help with some of the menus and such, but the majority of the dialogue is hard to understand. A key part of helping with puzzles being the Thoughts menu is untranslated, so youd have to find an alternate tool or some way to translate images if you want to understand the hints that you get during the game.

• There is a mechanic called the "Item Pouch" which is a key item that allows you to hold items. Traps and enemies can attack you and remove parts of clothing including this Item Pouch. If you lose the item pouch, you are unable to change any equipment, use items and lose the ability to pick up new items

This means that (primarily for the first and third parts of the game) if you get caught by an enemy and lose the item pouch, you have to go back to a safe room to collect it back (unless you are too heavily aroused in which you have to remove that state first) if you want to loot any chests or pick up new items (including key items that you might need for puzzles)

Gameplay wise this means you can be in the middle of solving a puzzle, lose the pouch to an enemy or trap, finish the puzzle and then try to open a chest but be told "no" because you don't have the item pouch. So you must go all the way out of the puzzle, back to the safe room, get it back, then redo the puzzle to get the chest

I just think this is overall an unneccessary mechanic and adds frustration when some puzzles are hard to leave during the middle of it. I mainly experienced this issue when against a plant monster in the first dungeon that chases you, as I had to go back to the start of the room after not being able to open the chest, and do the whole thing again.

• Due to the whole sensitivity and orgasm system, you can have scenarios where Rose will orgasm over and over from enemies, traps or just stimulation walking around. While this can be erotic, it does present a gameplay issue in the sense that you will be interrupted every time this happens for a prompt to show her taking sexual damage and losing sanity. This is fine in small doses but it can get really annoying especially in some scenes with enemies who keep you trapped for a while

I've had times spending up to a minute holding CTRL for fast forward just because it can take so long having to press through each orgasm. You can mitigate some of the sensitivity with Mandrake Drugs, but permanent modifiers will make this a bigger issue especially in the final escape section.

I don't really have much knowledge on VX Ace, but I do think a seperate window during gameplay that shows these orgasms and sexual damage happening might have been better. It wouldn't interrupt your movement as much and longer scenes with traps/monsters would be sped up without just skipping all of it using ctrl.

• The final section of the game, being the escape sequence, can be pretty annoying to get through at times with its trap and enemy placement.

The first one I can mention is the part with a lot of Incubus Enemies that if they spot you will instantly rush towards you and then rape you, sending you immediately to the start of all the rooms. It was far faster for me to just save constantly and reload the save if I got caught because it would take far too long to try and navigate through all the rooms again. There could be 3-4 rooms before another safe room and I just got fed up with how easy it was to get caught. It should be hard of course but having to do the same rooms over and over is not fun.

The second was a room with one Incubus watching the exit, and 3 paths with almost unavoidable traps. You basically had to pick your poison and with all the permanent modifiers from the middle part of the game, it was just a slog to get through all the prompts as Rose orgasm'd over and over again. I didn't find an alternate way around if there was one.

Some enemies can also send you to a game over if you get caught in this section, so if you want the true ending you'll need to save often. It becomes less about solving puzzles and more about right movement and timing, from my experience.

• The story between Rose escaping the first dungeon and being put into prison just kinda made me sad, and in particular the scene with Edmund put me off a lot. The game is meant to be a story of despair into hope, but you have to go through some shit to get that hope including memories of Rose being bullied and betrayal which just made me feel bad for her and not want to then start whoring her out in the second part of the game. After watching her be super depressed and want to die and then recovers from that with some emotional scenes and gains back self esteem, one of the antagonists Edmund comes along and fucks her and that just made me pretty annoyed.

(This point is more a personal negative, and I could just skip the scene and pretend it never happened but I just didn't feel like playing after that)

I still rate this as a good game despite my issues because I do believe this game is good at its core and it does present a unique take on its "corruption", but it can be annoying at times with some of its mechanics and the translation issues if this has not been updated since my review. I may update this review with my thoughts on the full game if I decide to come back to it.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Dooder

A really enjoyable game in both game play and story especially ad the end game when we get pure yuri romance.
    While I dont mind mtl it can get annoying here tough because poetry and untranslated think tab making it harder to know what to do next.
    The art can be a hit or miss for some people but myself I really like games with a bit more amateurish art because if the devs put in effort in variation it usually have way more personality than many other more detailed artstyles.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

lilithh

Excellent game if you are looking for a game that deals with MC corruptions, captivity, slavery etc. The art isn't the greatest, but it's not terrible once you get used to it, at least there's a lot of variations.

It's very rare to find a game like this where sex and corruption are the focus instead of bad story and combat.

Update: Having finished the game now, if I could give it a 6/5 I would. Really great game if you're looking for a unique gameplay and corruption, lots of monster/tentacle events.

Like the other posts suggests, the art isn't BAD, it's obviously hand drawn and unique. It's not great, but at least there's a lot of variations.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

AKozOfBliss

This is my personal treat to this site. The game (with the MTL) was hidden away on one of our obscure forums for a couple years now. So, allow me to introduce you all to this little gem.

This game is about 'ever-increasing sensitivity' and 'self-worth'.

You play as Rose, a knight of the realm, as she's betrayed and plunged into a spiral of ever-increasing pleasure that threatens to strip away your sanity and sense of identity.

This spiral is represented by numerical values that will increase as the heroine gets more and more developed, to the point where climaxing to the slightest touch becomes the norm.

You'll need to manage Rose's sense of self-worth so that she can escape her impending doom, and avoid giving up to her circumstances. But the pleasure might prove to be too much, so beware.

Here's some pros about this game:
    • An absolute joy of a pleasure system. I mean... under certain circumstances you can even climax to the wind brushing off against your skin. Underwear, even regular clothes, might also become burdensome to you, since you can become so sensitive.
    • Plenty of abuse and molesting, but also a message of hope against despair.
    • This is more of a neutral point leaning towards pro, but in my opinion, the standing art could be better... the quality of the art varies somewhat in some places, yet it is absolutely good where it actually matters (the sex scenes).
    Now some cons:
    • The art is the one single thing that actually holds this game back. Back when I first discovered this game, I actually passed over it several times on DLsite due to its apparent art-style. But as I said before, the quality of the art varies somewhat at points, so this is my only point of contention.
    However, overall, the game is a fucking joy to play. And each of its 3 segments have their own appeal. Though, I find myself hanging around the 2nd segment the most.

Just... do yourself a favour and go play this fucking game, goddamnit!
    NOW!

(A little tip to help deal with the incompleteness of the MTL: pair it with MTool's translating capabilities to cover the cracks where the original translator didn't go over. Now go play.)