Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Yes, I know that a lot of people complain about the length of my updates, but I personally prefer giving regular updates, even if short, than making longer ones with a random number of months in between.
It's also for me an imperative, as patrons support me monthly, I feel that giving them something monthly is the least I can do.
I generally try to treat my patrons and supporters as I wish myself be for some projects I support, meaning with honest and frequent communication and regular updates.

(Though I'm not saying it's the only way to go, to each author his/her way, I'm only speaking of rules I find working and good for myself, and who knows, maybe time will make me change my mind, as circumstances change some times you find yourself to have to adapt to it.)
It seems like there is no way to win here for a developer. If it takes 4+ months because the updates are pretty big, people are whining because they have to wait too long. If you deliver smaller updates but do them every month, people are whining because the updated naturally have to be shorter.

Reactions: doccop63 and Zorlun

Kheram

Sep 4, 2020
Yes, I know that a lot of people complain about the length of my updates, but I personally prefer giving regular updates, even if short, than making longer ones with a random number of months in between.
People who complain about update length might be 'first timers'.
There is so much one person can do in 30 days.

In other games people complain because they get same update length as yours but once every 3-4 months.

Reactions: Zorlun and Demnor

Zorlun

Creating Naughtiness!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 19, 2020
People who complain about update length might be 'first timers'.
There is so much one person can do in 30 days.

In other games people complain because they get same update length as yours but once every 3-4 months.
Yes, 'first timers' still don't know it's not about length, but about how you use it...
Sorry! Had to do it... Shame on me. :censored:

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
[...]

(Though I'm not saying it's the only way to go, to each author his/her way, I'm only speaking of rules I find working and good for myself, and who knows, maybe time will make me change my mind, as circumstances change some times you find yourself to have to adapt to it.)
Oh, if you look well, I was not complaining at all about your updates, rather the opposite.

I think it is much better doing one every month, than doing one every six months or one year, even if and when the monthly ones are smaller - and honestly, as far as I can remember, the only ones that were shorter in your case, were the one when you had problems with the new graphic card, and the one now in February, all the others had a big or anyway good size.
So, your updates are both frequent and of a good size.
Of course, my view may differ a bit from others, because also due to doing the incest patch, I check/look at different paths, and even if I do e.g. include sapphic experiences, I do not do a game play only with that, or only for bestiality, or only for one specific thing.

Also, I don't want to talk badly of absent people (so, I will avoid making names), but some of the game suggested as similar to Myriam, not only have updates that take much longer, but actually some of those updates take many months are are even very short.
So, at least from my experience/view, you are above average both in frequency and in having a good size of the updates.

Reactions: Zorlun and GokutheG

I-No

Nov 20, 2021
People don't think the updates are too short because they regard the developer as being a "lazy prick". They rather "complain" because they just can't get enough of Myriam. Ofc everyone would like to have longer updates with more content in even shorter intervalls. Who wouldn't? But no one actually blames Zorlun of not delivering.

Reactions: Zorlun

Zorlun

Creating Naughtiness!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 19, 2020
Oh, if you look well, I was not complaining at all about your updates, rather the opposite.

I think it is much better doing one every month, than doing one every six months or one year, even if and when the monthly ones are smaller - and honestly, as far as I can remember, the only ones that were shorter in your case, were the one when you had problems with the new graphic card, and the one now in February, all the others had a big or anyway good size.
So, your updates are both frequent and of a good size.
Of course, my view may differ a bit from others, because also due to doing the incest patch, I check/look at different paths, and even if I do e.g. include sapphic experiences, I do not do a game play only with that, or only for bestiality, or only for one specific thing.

Also, I don't want to talk badly of absent people (so, I will avoid making names), but some of the game suggested as similar to Myriam, not only have updates that take much longer, but actually some of those updates take many months are are even very short.
So, at least from my experience/view, you are above average both in frequency and in having a good size of the updates.
No worry, I didn't felt that your message was a complaint, I just used the occasion of your remark to explained a bit how I see things and work my updates, sorry if I made you feel otherwise, I should have been clearer.

Reactions: Demnor and dian091

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020

Preview Scene - Chapter 4 - Checking Out
Hello there, here's the second preview for the next update, with a scene again mainly centered on plot development and see Myriam finally get out of the hospital. Structured into three main parts, the scene accompany Myriam from getting out of the hospital, showing for the first time Eve's loft and finished on a new appointment with Doctor Silver.Â
First part center on Myriam getting out of the hospital after her last exam and following Myriam return to her house for the first time after the events of the end of chapter 3. Focused mainly on Myriam's emotional state, this short subscene mainly serve to install some future developments of the character.Â
Second part follow Myriam as she go live for some time at her cousin's loft, not feeling at home at her own house after what happened. She's reunited there with Katherine and Marc, for some emotional moments, then focusing on character development between Myriam and Eve.Â
Third part revolve around Doctor Silver's appointment, with the two going over what happened to her, before going back to her initial reason for seeing him, ending on Myriam accepting a new "homework" before heading for the spa for some relaxation.Â
So no naughty business again during this scene, just a bit of teasing on the naughty side, the scene mainly focus on Myriam and her emotional status.
63B6BDA5-D5D8-43EA-90E4-60AEF357317E.png

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020

Third part revolve around Doctor Silver's appointment, with the two going over what happened to her, before going back to her initial reason for seeing him, ending on Myriam accepting a new "homework" before heading for the spa for some relaxation.Â
So no naughty business again during this scene, just a bit of teasing on the naughty side, the scene mainly focus on Myriam and her emotional status.
Hmm, for people who wants to have both the incest patch and the walkthrough mod, which means they are using the "fusion" mod (well, it's not its "official" name, but I like it :)), be aware if I am not wrong one of the things that the in mixing the two mods was eliminated was the part I had added to the dialogue with Dr Silver to consider the fact incest is a possibility.

While it is not 100% sure (I will see it only when I see the update), it is probable that in the update I will also have to put something in the dialogue with Dr Silver, for the same reason (which in turns means also updating variables, and that may have impact in future, depending on how Zorlun uses the variables in future), which in turn will probably be dropped in the fusion mod.

Notice this is not a criticism of the "fusion" mod, remember he is doing completely for free the effort to mix two mods that were not made to be mixed, so anybody using it should be grateful for it.

Reactions: xapican

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

Preview Scene - Chapter 4 - Checking Out
Hello there, here's the second preview for the next update, with a scene again mainly centered on plot development and see Myriam finally get out of the hospital. Structured into three main parts, the scene accompany Myriam from getting out of the hospital, showing for the first time Eve's loft and finished on a new appointment with Doctor Silver.Â
First part center on Myriam getting out of the hospital after her last exam and following Myriam return to her house for the first time after the events of the end of chapter 3. Focused mainly on Myriam's emotional state, this short subscene mainly serve to install some future developments of the character.Â
Second part follow Myriam as she go live for some time at her cousin's loft, not feeling at home at her own house after what happened. She's reunited there with Katherine and Marc, for some emotional moments, then focusing on character development between Myriam and Eve.Â
View attachment 2479912
Give Myriam a hook and a parrot and she will turn pirate. :p

Seriously i commend Zorlum for not cheapen the weight of the murder attempt by putting lots of spicy sex scenes involving Myriam right after it happened.(y):cool:

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
I'm newbee, I wanna ask if she's pregnant yet?
No, and I remember Zorlun saying that there can be pregnancy, but only in one (or maybe more ?) ending, so it may take a long time to arrive, Zorlun is still focusing on developing the story rather than preparing endings (there is only one theoretically possible for now, an early one that could probably be classified as a "bad ending", but on request of the public, Zorlun worked on continuing the story rather than implementing it, so it is not really available).

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020

Preview Scene - Chapter 4 - Taking Care of Oneself
And here's the last preview for the coming update, a scene that follow Myriam going to relax at her very special spa after the emotional session she had with Doctor Silver. The scene will be a two parter, starting this update and ending in the next.Â
This updates part will center around Myriam first relaxing with a well deserved relaxing massage... and some more depending on the player choices, ranging from simple happy ending to a little double penetration and a new golden shower. For short, this scene will be heavily naughty depending on the player's choices and how he want Myriam to embrace her feeling of new found freedom.Â
Next part will have some more naughty business, but will have more plot development with other characters... but that's for next month update. ^^Â
Right now I'm finishing up on the scene, having just one more subscene to work on, so the update is on track for being shared before the end of the month (for early access), probably around the 28th.
5E2E6E1E-F476-4AA7-A7B7-58A9B6992EC7.png

Zorlun

Creating Naughtiness!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 19, 2020
Damn! Feeling weird to see a post of mine getting deleted for being off topic on my own game page... but I guess that was the whole other games conversation that must have been reported by someone. :unsure:

I mean I'm surprise because it was light and not really bothersome, even if it was off topic, but it's far from being the first time or even the more invasive, if it has been I would have made a remark myself as I did before... this smell a lot like censorship.

EDIT: Not that I want to launch another off topic conversation (on my own page) to get censored again.

4.40 star(s) 194 Votes