DIRTY Filthy RAT

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
A really big thank you to all the people taking the time to answer to others' questions, I'm still here to answer, but I realize more and more that a lot of supporters answer for me before I even had the time to do it. It's always nice to see a good community coming together, thank you. :cry:

And after this kumbaya moment I'm going back to work. ^^
Hey Zorlun, just saw this new disclaimer in the game "misfits" below, is patron making every dev do this now?
screenshot0001.png

DDDIsReal

B.I.T.W.
Donor
Dec 25, 2019
I guess I don't understand why? I mean Myriam can screw literaly anyone else in the game except Katherine? I think I might be in the minority here but that super sad to me
Because it’s wrong!!!! It’s her daughter and she will never corrupt or fuck her!!!! It’s literally disgusting!!!! Instead the smart dev did sex scenes with aliens and dogs that are super hot!!!! God bless you Zorlun you’re the smartest and best dev ever

stahalle

Jul 11, 2018
I get that, but if that were the case then shouldn't lewd stuff with Marc not exist in the game? I know there are plenty of times where you can fool around with Marc (personally I've never done it as I like to play lesbian paths in games like these). I would just prefer equal treatment. But I also understand I'm not the one making the game lol All I can do is suck it up and enjoy it as it is.
because mom/son content brings the money. i dont like it too thats why i stoped playing AWAM 2 years ago.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nikephouros

Zorlun

Creating Naughtiness!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 19, 2020
I guess I don't understand why? I mean Myriam can screw literaly anyone else in the game except Katherine? I think I might be in the minority here but that super sad to me
Every character has a role and purpose in the game, Katherine has hers and it's one of the most important in the game towards Myriam, she's the beacon of hope and love to her, she symbolize the relationship that will never go or change, whatever happens in her life, the unconditional love between mother and daughter. This is why there will be no corruption road for Katherine and why I choose to not go even in the potential love interest road between the two, because they don't need it, they love each other and will always be there for one another, I wanted to keep this as pure as possible.

But I understand the frustration from the player perspective, sorry to disappoint on that part, I know that the sweetness they have may make people want more, but if I do, something will be lost.

Last edited:

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
I dont even know how to try it
You mean removing quarantine and fixing the execute permission ? OK, time for another lecture.

Two things might have gone wrong (this is not related to the game being comressed or not):
  • the app is quarantined by Gatekeeper because it's from an unknown developer;
  • the executable inside the app might have lost its execute permission during packaging.
To check quarantine, start Terminal and type "xattr " without the quotes at the prompt and drag the ProjectMyriamLifeandExplorations app into the Terminal window. Terminal will fill out the path for you. Mind there is a space between the command and said path. Hit enter. If you see com.apple.quarantine in the results, the app is quarantined.
To remove the quarantine, type "xattr -d com.apple.quarantine " and drag the app again into the window. Hit enter. Quarantine should now be removed.

To check the second case, you need to look into the contents of the app: right click on ProjectMyriamLifeandExplorations app, pick Show package contents. Navigate to /Contents/MacOS/. Inside that folder you'll see a file ProjectMyriamLifeandExplorations. That file should be a Unix executable. If it's anything else, it has lost its execute permission.
To fix this, start Terminal and type "chmod a+x " without the quotes at the prompt and drag the file inside the Terminal window. Terminal will fill out the path for you. Again mind there is a space between the command and the path. Hit enter. The file should now be executable.

As a general precaution, make a duplicate of the app first before changing its attributes or permissions.

rot1122

Donor
Nov 20, 2017
How did you make your Mac version?
just unzipped, left the folder inside as is and used YAC. I figured I shouldnt touch the folder with .app or it might not work. PBS666 said:
Your Mac build is ok, but as I expected, in order to run it, one has to remove the quarantine from the app and restore the execute permission to the Unix executable. Not your fault really.

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Mar 16, 2019
just unzipped, left the folder inside as is and used YAC. I figured I shouldnt touch the folder with .app or it might not work. PBS666 said:
I always use renpy sdk to recompile and create mac version.

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Mar 16, 2019
Ah ok
I've never done mac versions before, but why does my version work for some and not for others :HideThePain:
That I can't say, it could be the renpy version of the game.
But if you do them with the correct version of renpy sdk, it will always work

• Red Heart
Reactions: rot1122

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
Fuuuuuuuuuuck... then why does she have an affection counter?
The affection counter is something Zorlun had devised originally to keep track of the relation between the characters and Myriam, even if, as far as I understood, over time it went a bit on an oscillation on whether it is Myriams fondness towards the character or viceversa - which is why in the end, if I am not wrong, should be taken as being an indication of the strenght of the connection, rather than an indication about a preferential direction in it.

Reactions: Nikephouros

Viressa

May 24, 2018
The affection counter is something Zorlun had devised originally to keep track of the relation between the characters and Myriam, even if, as far as I understood, over time it went a bit on an oscillation on whether it is Myriams fondness towards the character or viceversa - which is why in the end, if I am not wrong, should be taken as being an indication of the strenght of the connection, rather than an indication about a preferential direction in it.
It was also added as a, "I'm gonna keep track of as much stuff as I can in case I want to use it later." A character having an affection number tracked doesn't mean they'll have a route, nor does it mean that number will actually matter at any point.

Nikephouros

Aug 15, 2018
Every character has a role and purpose in the game, Katherine has hers and it's one of the most important in the game towards Myriam, she's the beacon of hope and love to her, she symbolize the relationship that will never go or change, whatever happens in her life, the unconditional love between mother and daughter. This is why there will be no corruption road for Katherine and why I choose to not go even in the potential love interest road between the two, because they don't need it, they love each other and will always be there for one another, I wanted to keep this as pure as possible.

But I understand the frustration from the player perspective, sorry to disappoint on that part, I know that the sweetness they have may make people want more, but if I do, something will be lost.
I appreciate the reply and honestly it makes sense. Can I just I appreciate the fact you didn't villify me for questioning elements of the story. Def going to look into supporting you on a platform.

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Ah ok
I've never done mac versions before, but why does my version work for some and not for others :HideThePain:
As I have said, it is because of quarantine imposed by Gatekeeper and missing execute permissions. This happens all the time, even on Mac versions build with the proper Ren'Py SDK. The problem is not on your side.

FYI, if you look inside the .app folder, you will see at /Contents/Resourses/autorun a folder called game. This folder is identical to the one found in the pc build. You can perfectly update a Mac Ren'Py game by replacing that folder by the one found in the PC version, provided the newer pc version is build with the same Ren'Py version as the Mac app.

4.40 star(s) 186 Votes