shanksyou

May 20, 2020
I'm unable to run the game, I keep getting this message.
====================================================
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 205, in script call
call _gl_test
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 387, in script
$ __gl_test()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 387, in <module>
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 317, in _m1_00gltest__gl_test
_gl_performance_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 342, in _gl_performance_test
ui.interact(suppress_underlay=True, suppress_overlay=True)
AttributeError: 'SWDraw' object has no attribute 'scale_fast'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 617, in main
run(restart)
File "renpy/main.py", line 148, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "renpy/execution.py", line 922, in run_context
context.run()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
$ __gl_test()
_gl_performance_test()
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3006, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3516, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2380, in draw_screen
renpy.display.draw.draw_screen(surftree)
File "renpy/display/swdraw.py", line 869, in draw_screen
if self.scale_fast:

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.4.1.1270
Project Myriam Life and Explorations ch2.03a
Sat Jul 3 00:38:26 2021
=============================================================

Anybody please can help?
i downloaded the full game and the compressed version, both are not working.

Last edited:

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Hey Zorlun, I'm a retarded programmer with a lot of time on their hands. If you need any help for free and without credit I'm down to pitch in.

I've wanted to make adult games for a while, but life gets in the way. Part of me kind of wants to just learn the process of these games, if there's some shitty 'busy work' you wanna stick on somebody; I'll do it with zero expectation of pay.

I just want to get some experience, really love this game.
I downloaded Daz Studio a few months ago. It's been a lot of fun. Have you done anything with it yet?

Zorlun

Creating Naughtiness!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 19, 2020
The update was short, but hell! exciting as f*ck ! Congrats to the dev.
Thank you, glad you enjoyed it. I could have added another scene, but it was more organic to end things here.
====================================================
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
$ __gl_test()
_gl_performance_test()

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 617, in main
run(restart)
File "renpy/main.py", line 148, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "renpy/execution.py", line 922, in run_context
context.run()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
$ __gl_test()
_gl_performance_test()
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3006, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3516, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2380, in draw_screen
renpy.display.draw.draw_screen(surftree)
File "renpy/display/swdraw.py", line 869, in draw_screen
if self.scale_fast:

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.4.1.1270
Project Myriam Life and Explorations ch2.03a
Sat Jul 3 00:38:26 2021
=============================================================

Anybody please can help?
Seems it look like some compatibility problem, all the code errors are coming from ren'py's guts here (meaning not the part I wrote, but the part added as skeleton by the program to create the game). I know there was some trouble with the latest few updates of ren'py and some old hardware.
Sorry, I can't be of much help here, I hope somebody can answer you.
I downloaded Daz Studio a few months ago. It's been a lot of fun. Have you done anything with it yet?
You mean like the game? ^^

Well yes, all the renders for the game, I used Daz3D, started maybe a year now, took a few month to learn the basis (as well as ren'py for the programming) and posted the first draft of the game in November, and having been updating it every month since then with all the support of people following it, cheering for it and giving me advice. It slowly getting better as I go, and like you, having much fun with it. ^^

EDIT: Sorry, just realized the question was not for me... it make more sens now. Well none the less, you have my unwanted answer to that question. ^^

Seanthiar

Jun 18, 2020

Anybody please can help?
That is not an error from the game, it is an error from the game engine Ren'Py and as far as I know there are some problems with Windows 7 and the new 7.4 Ren'Py documented, because the minimum requirements to run a Ren'Py game changed. It is now required that a user's computer have OpenGL 2, DirectX 9, OpenGL ES 2, or WebGL to run Ren'Py. In such a case it could even be an old driver that does not meet the requirement. The model-based renderer requires OpenGL ES 3 or WebGL 2. For some people did help to start the 32bit version of a game (*-32.exe) to get it running

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Zorlun

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Thank you, glad you enjoyed it. I could have added another scene, but it was more organic to end things here.

Seems it look like some compatibility problem, all the code errors are coming from ren'py's guts here (meaning not the part I wrote, but the part added as skeleton by the program to create the game). I know there was some trouble with the latest few updates of ren'py and some old hardware.
Sorry, I can't be of much help here, I hope somebody can answer you.

You mean like the game? ^^

Well yes, all the renders for the game, I used Daz3D, started maybe a year now, took a few month to learn the basis (as well as ren'py for the programming) and posted the first draft of the game in November, and having been updating it every month since then with all the support of people following it, cheering for it and giving me advice. It slowly getting better as I go, and like you, having much fun with it. ^^

EDIT: Sorry, just realized the question was not for me... it make more sens now. Well none the less, you have my unwanted answer to that question. ^^
The more I learn about Daz, the more I realize how much there is to learn. Amazing program. With 40 years of programming experience, the Renpy seems fairly straight forward. I have reverse engineered quite a few games just to see how they work.

CrayonTips

Jan 14, 2019
Yes I've messed around with DAZ although last time I messed around with it I was predominantly running Linux which made it a pain to switch back and forth. Now I am running Windows more often to play games (all the free time lol) so I should probably give it another go.

Part of my problem is I don't really know where to start or how it all comes together, perhaps I'm overthinking it.

Regardless, I was drunk when I posted that; I stand by it, but it's a little foolish to expect responsibility given the circumstances lol

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Yes I've messed around with DAZ although last time I messed around with it I was predominantly running Linux which made it a pain to switch back and forth. Now I am running Windows more often to play games (all the free time lol) so I should probably give it another go.

Part of my problem is I don't really know where to start or how it all comes together, perhaps I'm overthinking it.

Regardless, I was drunk when I posted that; I stand by it, but it's a little foolish to expect responsibility given the circumstances lol
I basically just stared at it off and on for a couple of weeks - until finally I decided to just sit down and create a character. I'm not much for basic tutorials so for me, googling specific questions for what I am trying to do works well and I usually find out stuff I wasn't even looking for.

CrayonTips

Jan 14, 2019
Best is to start with the beginner tutorials on the DAZ website. They are on YT, too. The rest is playing around with the free items and learning by doing.
I basically just stared at it off and on for a couple of weeks - until finally I decided to just sit down and create a character. I'm not much for basic tutorials so for me, googling specific questions for what I am trying to do works well and I usually find out stuff I wasn't even looking for.
Thanks for the support/encouragement. I guess I need to pull my head out of my ass and give it a go.

If I recall correctly DAZ3D had some weirdness where you have to purchase/import assets to have naked people? Do you guys just download assets from here or is there something else I should know about that?

Also I recall hearing that Photoshop is a huge plus for touching up the renders that it outputs, is this still true or has the customization granularity gotten better?

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Thanks for the support/encouragement. I guess I need to pull my head out of my ass and give it a go.

If I recall correctly DAZ3D had some weirdness where you have to purchase/import assets to have naked people? Do you guys just download assets from here or is there something else I should know about that?

Also I recall hearing that Photoshop is a huge plus for touching up the renders that it outputs, is this still true or has the customization granularity gotten better?
The base package comes with characters you can practice on.
There's a lot of free stuff out there. Daz also has big sales from time to time. For less than $10, I got three different G8 characters earlier this week. You can apply these to the base G8.1 to give you most of the updated features.
Haven't done much with it yet but Blender is also a free download. You can create your own characters and props in that.

CrayonTips

Jan 14, 2019
The base package comes with characters you can practice on.
There's a lot of free stuff out there. Daz also has big sales from time to time. For less than $10, I got three different G8 characters earlier this week. You can apply these to the base G8.1 to give you most of the updated features.
So you use the integrated DAZ market? I would've thought f95 had everything people needed; What's the benefit?

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
So you use the integrated DAZ market? I would've thought f95 had everything people needed; What's the benefit?
They make it pretty simple with DazCentral and they have great tech support. I've learned a lot with their help on items.

CrayonTips

Jan 14, 2019
I feel like I suck ass at art though, I can appreciate good art and differentiate between genres, but when it comes to me creating it's always something I can make in 30 minutes or less otherwise my ADD makes it impossible.

That's the difficulty for me; being able to stick with creating something for an extended period of time.

4.40 star(s) 193 Votes