RovingFox

Sep 10, 2023
The fix stopped working for 3.0.1. I downloaded DnSpy to look but I really don't know how to code and I couldn't find where you made the edit. I tried comparing your fix file with the original file but I'm not having any luck. Any chance you could make the fix for the new update... or do a few screenshot to show where the edit is made? So the fix could be replicated for future updates? Thanks!
fix is not needed in the new update, devs fixed it

Reactions: wymm666 and castoli

Moonman1818

Jun 10, 2023
Hey, I remember you from the MBM thread! Anyways, I've heard good things about Mad Island. One of the top reviews on Steam described it as "This will be a 'Hey Hey, People" game some day." If you know who SsethTzeentach is, would you agree with this sentiment? If you have no idea who that is, it's F95 thread has a 4 and a half star rating for an early access game. I guess what I'm trying to get at is would you consider the praise and hype around Mad Island well-deserved? I know it has the harem, lactation and pregnancy tags, but does it have chubby chicks and MILFs too?
Yeah there's a decent chance SsethTzeentach could make a video of Mad Island since he did make a video of Breeders of the Nephelym, Which I recommend for those who haven't watched it, It's quite funny

Reactions: LycraPawn

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
Yes, no matter what kind of game there will always be someone trying to optimize the fuck out of it. (And depending on your angle, the Fun too)
In a good game, the optimal strategy is also the fun one, because it involves responding to challenges the game throws at you by using what you have the right way.
ProjectR doesn't have this kind of balance yet. And without controlled pause or a radical interface improvement, it would be impossible to do it anyway.

ciphertul

Jun 20, 2018
In a good game, the optimal strategy is also the fun one, because it involves responding to challenges the game throws at you by using what you have the right way.
ProjectR doesn't have this kind of balance yet. And without controlled pause or a radical interface improvement, it would be impossible to do it anyway.
"A good game encourages you to try other things, while a bad game forces you." Let's just say I'm a Fire Emblem fan and in that circle the fun is absolutely optimized out.

Reactions: flannan

LycraPawn

May 13, 2019
I am not familiar with SsethTzeentach, but I can tell you about Mad Island.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

My recommendation is Beloved Mad Scientist Elana
"But I think none of them look American" lol don't worry, I don't find the morbidly obese attractive. I do believe that some chicks can pull off the "sexy fat chick" look better than others (such as FUGTRUP's depiction of Mei from Overwatch, for example), but the kinds of people you'd see on "My 600-Lb. Life" definitely don't look good at all. But Shino has what a friend of mine likes to call a good "thiccness to fatness ratio" so to speak. She's got a nice pair of oversized boobs that sag a bit due to gravity (don't really like tits that look like bolted on basketballs), thick thighs and a nice muffin top with just the right amount of flab/pudge.

One more question, is Shino considered canonically thicc within the game? Be it in-game dialogue, her height/weight/three-sizes stats, an insecurity about her weight as part of her personality, or whatever other metric you can think of? Or is her thiccness not really addressed within the dialogue and is only implied with her character art looking more pudgy/flabby than the other women?

Yeah there's a decent chance SsethTzeentach could make a video of Mad Island since he did make a video of Breeders of the Nephelym, Which I recommend for those who haven't watched it, It's quite funny
And it seems to have the kind of gameplay loop that's right up his alley. What with the sandbox nature of the game and all. Though the Breeders of the Nephelym Speedrun video was mostly a joke because he talked about how it's one of those games that'll be in perpetual early access hell. But he also reviewed Evenicle so there do seem to be h-games that he genuinely likes.

team apple pie delivers another banger, shame were going to wait quite a bit for the full release
Though they do seem to be making progress faster than some of the other games I keep tabs on in their respective threads on this website. But then again I only just checked back on this particular thread very recently.

Yuriski

Dec 26, 2017
New Ci-En post! Google translated:

It's been a while.
In the next version 0.4, a new monster, the Orc, is planned to be added. There will be two types of Orcs: a long-distance attack type that uses throwing javelins, and a close-range attack type that uses two-handed axes.
So, wave 10 really will be the point where something is going to change. Likely new enemies or some event to get new monsters.

Reactions: Xypster
Apr 8, 2019
New Ci-En post! Google translated:

It's been a while.
In the next version 0.4, a new monster, the Orc, is planned to be added. There will be two types of Orcs: a long-distance attack type that uses throwing javelins, and a close-range attack type that uses two-handed axes.
Called it. I guess it was obvious they were coming next though. Can't wait to call the waaaagh with the ladz.

Now this leaves me wondering what the monster girl variant will be like. If they're as big as the dudes are but have thickness instead of muscle, excellent. I also hope we get fat + muscled variants like we did in their last game.

Tharabas

Jun 30, 2024
This was one of the first concept arts, apparently the girls below correspond to the Monster-girls

1 Naga

2 Minotaur

3 Werewolf

4 Goblin

(although it already came out, and has a different design)

5 Ogre?

I don't mind the design, although something else like an Amazon, it would be wonderful)

image-1280-c.jpg

Called it. I guess it was obvious they were coming next though. Can't wait to call the waaaagh with the ladz.

Now this leaves me wondering what the monster girl variant will be like. If they're as big as the dudes are but have thickness instead of muscle, excellent. I also hope we get fat + muscled variants like we did in their last game.

DraconisOminous

Jan 6, 2018
I just hope the minions can actually be bred to be useful so I can last longer than 5 rounds lol
If you are on the newest update, it shouldn't be hard? Monsters actually get stats now, unless I'm terribly mistaken and the game is lying. Even then, in 3.0.0 all you needed to do was like 4 archers and 2 melee.

Overbreed monsters, and you can make a 3rd or 4th defense squad and just drag and drop the entire squad.

Post update, Shortstacks got massively buffed by only costing 3, so they are more viable defensively. Still, focus on Archers, as you can do damage when you aren't taking damage. As long as you have some meat shields, you'll be fine. You are still getting some RNG, as a few runs I didn't get positive stats (other than conception up or in combo with health or damage down), but just focus on range and it all goes smoothly.

4.50 star(s) 19 Votes