Unreal Engine Projekt Melody: A Nut Between Worlds! [v0.5.2.3 Alpha] [Big Bang Studio]

2.40 star(s) 12 Votes

istalo

Jul 24, 2019
And you're making a hard claim solely from the fact that Fornite in DX12 performs worse for you? Completely ignoring the fact that for others, it could be the contrary? Lmao.
That's a huge logical leap you're making when there's many factors than just the API that contributes to either better or worse performance.

The other 2 games you used as an anecdote also don't run in UE so, this was about the DirectX API, not the game engine itself.
Logical leap is the pisspoor optimisation from the dev, and UE5 isn't really fit for games... Yet... We only had tech demos, no games using UE5 came out yet, there are NO current AAA titles that use it, only games in development.

I dunno if that's really the dev because if it is and he switched to UE5 for a game like this, it's a dumb move imo.

RedAISkye

Apr 10, 2017
Logical leap is the pisspoor optimisation from the dev
You don't even know what a "logical leap" means. No wonder you're making these fallacious arguments and acting dismissive after you're being fed your own medicine.

Imagine whining so much about the optimization of a game that's in ALPHA stage developed by a small studio.
As if 45FPS on max settings is so "unplayable" for a hentai game of all things.
If you're that butthurt about it then lower your graphics instead of making false claims solely based on your anecdotes.

he switched to UE5 for a game like this, it's a dumb move imo.
That's your own opinion but unlike you, I'll judge that based on how the finished game performs and not when the game hasn't even been released as early access.

istalo

Jul 24, 2019
Do you actually think I didn't try that? It didn't change a thing, it's one of those broken settings menu.

And what in the hell are those "advanced settings"? They look like they came straight out of ReShade with the difference being I can't really see them taking effect in real time like ReShade, if they even make any difference given what I previously said. Only thing I noticed making a difference was setting the AA to FSR.

Imagine whining so much about the optimization of a game that's in ALPHA stage developed by a small studio.
If it even leaves alpha stage... Also I dunno why the dev is complaining about piracy when he doesn't even seem to offer a demo for his game, well... the game is a big ass demo if I'd say so myself in any case. I don't think that even Helius was bothered so much with that and yet now they do provide a demo for their game.

istalo

Jul 24, 2019
They were simply being sarcastic with that dude, not complaining.

They even stated this before:-
Ok I'll reckon I messed on that part to say the least but my point stands still, the game still needs a ground up in terms of otpmisation and well... gameplay I guess given the whole premise, I don't like to keep my hopes up but the animations are kinda well done, this I'll admit to say the least.

Would be a shame if this gets abandoned or thrown in dev. hell (I'm looking at you Paralogue/Op. Lovecraft), it has potential but a long way to go is all I'll say.

But I'll reiterate, a small team/dev running up to use UE5 when it's brand new and given there are no titles on the market that use it (yet, only been announced) isn't a smart idea, they should've switched to it a bit later, heck, even Helius said that they plan on switching but I'd reckon their dev team is a bit bigger and no, I'll still criticise them given that their last supporter build was back in January of this year, stuck with some minor hotfixes, nothing more, nothing less which is what I mentioned on the second paragraph.

• Angry
Reactions: RedAISkye

RedAISkye

Apr 10, 2017
Do you actually think I didn't try that? It didn't change a thing, it's one of those broken settings menu.
Except you clearly didn't.

I just tested it, kept everything on high except for shadow quality which I put it on low and it's at 75 FPS.
The Shadow quality is the most demanding one aside from the Anti-aliasing method while adjusting the super-sampling quality in FSR 2 also shows a lot of difference.

Do the devs need to optimize the game? No shit, but again, the game is in ALPHA state, unless if it's "unplayable" even after adjusting the settings, I don't think the optimization is what matters the most at this development stage over other things that take priority.

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
If you're that butthurt about it then lower your graphics instead of making false claims solely based on your anecdotes.

That's your own opinion but unlike you, I'll judge that based on how the finished game performs and not when the game hasn't even been released as early access.
I think he is comparing apples to apples: most games we see here are in alpha stage, developed by a small studio aswell. But most aren't so badly optimized. I share his opinion.

About judging only released games It's hard to compare because there aren't many of those here ^^

• Angry

RedAISkye

Apr 10, 2017
I think he is comparing apples to apples: most games we see here are in alpha stage, developed by a small studio aswell.
And what part of this game being developed from scratch in UE5 engine did you miss?
It is obviously not apples to apples here. Your argument would only make sense if the older build of the game also had poor optimization.

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
And what part of this game being developed from scratch in UE5 engine did you miss?
It is obviously not apples to apples here. Your argument would only make sense if the older build of the game also had poor optimization.
I really don't care which tools they used. I only care about results. And the performance is crap. Your argument is like comparing 2 chairs, but saying the bad one is good enough because the manufacturer used screws instead of nails. I DONT CARE. I just care which one is better.

istalo

Jul 24, 2019
I really don't care which tools they used. I only care about results. And the performance is crap. Your argument is like comparing 2 chairs, but saying the bad one is good enough because the manufacturer used screws instead of nails. I DONT CARE. I just care which one is better.
He forgot that I mentioned that shifting things to an engine that's still in its "infancy" isn't a smart decision, there are literally 0 AAA games as of now that use UE5 (only announced as of now), then an indie, assumedly, solo dev is gonna shift into using UE5? It honestly sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Only tech demos in UE5 run somewhat poorly so to speak, Matrix Tech Demo runs at constant 20 FPS even on PS5/XSX, hardwares that are supposed to be high end and optimised alongside with the demo being built by Epic itself.

My major gripes isn't even the DX12 (I still think it's a bad API) but the shift into UE5 is concerning given what I've spoken previously.

Good luck optimising this game, it's gonna be a trainwreck unless you get more people on board.

• Haha

Claroquesi

May 16, 2020
He forgot that I mentioned that shifting things to an engine that's still in its "infancy" isn't a smart decision, there are literally 0 AAA games as of now that use UE5 (only announced as of now), then an indie, assumedly, solo dev is gonna shift into using UE5? It honestly sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Only tech demos in UE5 run somewhat poorly so to speak, Matrix Tech Demo runs at constant 20 FPS even on PS5/XSX, hardwares that are supposed to be high end and optimised alongside with the demo being built by Epic itself.

My major gripes isn't even the DX12 (I still think it's a bad API) but the shift into UE5 is concerning given what I've spoken previously.

Good luck optimising this game, it's gonna be a trainwreck unless you get more people on board.
How to game?

RedAISkye

Apr 10, 2017
I only care about results. Your argument is like comparing 2 chairs
Your argument is basically calling the "chair" trash when it hasn't even been built yet other than a small part of it. If you actually care about "results", you'd wait for the game to actually be finished before jumping on to conclusions.

but saying the bad one is good enough
Good enough for an alpha state because it's still playable, sure, never said that would be acceptable for a complete build.

He forgot that I mentioned that shifting things to an engine that's still in its "infancy" isn't a smart decision
I take it you're got a memory of a fish?
Because I already responded to your assumption that it's your own opinion if you think a certain devlopment decision is a good or bad idea. I personally will wait for the game to actually be finished before making judgements.

My major gripes isn't even the DX12
So, now you're being dishonest? Just like how you were lying about the settings not making any difference.
Lmao, your entire argument from the beginning has been about how "terrible" the API is and only later you resorted to the UE5 engine after I gave examples contrary to your anecdotal claims about the API.

istalo

Jul 24, 2019
So, now you're being dishonest? Just like how you were lying about the settings not making any difference.
Lmao, your entire argument from the beginning has been about how "terrible" the API is and only later you resorted to the UE5 engine after I gave examples contrary to your anecdotal claims about the API.
Go, fetch me an UE5 game...

Oh wait... there's none!

istalo

Jul 24, 2019
My point still stands which you're being ignorant to pretending as if you weren't making such a big deal out of the API change.
Eh? I still hate DX12 and still think it's a bad API, I hope that the dev has the decency to implement Vulkan rendering to sort this mess out at least. And have you considered that you're running different hardware than me, thus making the settings not change anything for me? That or maybe I broke the basic settings by selecting the advanced settings and thus it rendered me changing anything over there do absolutely nothing, I honestly don't have the patience to test this thing out again.

• Haha

RedAISkye

Apr 10, 2017
I hope that the dev has the decency to implement
Says the person who expects an alpha game to have all the settings to work perfectly and the game to not have any performance issues. The game's barely a prototye atm, doesn't even have much content yet you're acting as if this is how the game will release assuming the worst of things just because it's on a new engine with an API you've had bad times with.

And have you considered that you're running different hardware than me, thus making the settings not change anything for me?
Unless if you have a low-end PC, the settings will make more than enough of a difference.

That or maybe I broke the basic settings by selecting the advanced settings and thus it rendered me changing anything over there do absolutely nothing, I honestly don't have the patience to test this thing out again.
It literally takes few seconds to simply delete the "Settings.sav" file from:-
%LocalAppData%\Melody\Saved\SaveGames

But I know, that's way too difficult for people like you. :4Head:

istalo

Jul 24, 2019
Says the person who expects an alpha game to have all the settings to work perfectly and the game to not have any performance issues. The game's barely a prototye atm, doesn't even have much content yet you're acting as if this is how the game will release assuming the worst of things just because it's on a new engine with an API you've had bad times with.

Unless if you have a low-end PC, the settings will make more than enough of a difference.
Ah yes, a rig I built last year, very low-end indeed.

1660030273276.png

RAM is set to 3600MHz with XMP I in the BIOS.

It literally takes few seconds to simply delete the "Settings.sav" file from:-
%LocalAppData%\Melody\Saved\SaveGames

But I know, that's way too difficult for people like you. :4Head:
Dude please, can you stop clowning around? You call me an ignorant but you sound one yourself with the way you're addressing me and the other guy from before (brasileirinho), you just sound like a hypocrite at this point.

And yes I know where the settings for UE games are, I've been around for a bit longer than you lassie. But just read the last line, which will also make no sense given what you said "alpha/prototype", I don't have the patience nor care about re-testing this game, I have better things to do yet here I am bantering with ya.

• Haha

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
Ah yes, a rig I built last year, very low-end indeed.

View attachment 1974195

RAM is set to 3600MHz with XMP I in the BIOS.

Dude please, can you stop clowning around? You call me an ignorant but you sound one yourself with the way you're addressing me and the other guy from before (brasileirinho), you just sound like a hypocrite at this point.

And yes I know where the settings for UE games are, I've been around for a bit longer than you lassie. But just read the last line, which will also make no sense given what you said "alpha/prototype", I don't have the patience nor care about re-testing this game, I have better things to do yet here I am bantering with ya.
I think we are the dumb ones, we keep giving attention to this lame dude...

2.40 star(s) 12 Votes