Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Projekt Moon [Completed DEMO] [The Magical Gurl] - Compressed

Win/Linux [155 MB]
- - - -

Mac [127 MB]
- - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
---------------------
TheMagicalGurl Please don't feed the F95 Zone pets. Thanks :KEK: Lerd0

TheMagicalGurl

God of Pregnancy
Game Developer
Feb 19, 2023
Projekt Moon [Completed DEMO] [The Magical Gurl] - Compressed

Win/Linux [155 MB]
- MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN -

Mac [127 MB]
- MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN -

---------------------
TheMagicalGurl Please don't feed the F95 Zone pets. Thanks :KEK: Lerd0
:D

• Haha
Reactions: Bob69

ALambert

Jan 18, 2021
Normally I lurk, but I found and fixed a minor bug with the intro. I thought I'd bring it up for anyone else who'll get the same error when starting new games. KeyError: u'name'

The easiest way I solved this is go into game/scripts/ and into "script Ch1.rpy" and add a line after the comment on line 1, then insert this line, then save:
Python:
define name = "You"
This line will solve the issue relating to that error. (You can replace the "You" with "Kevin", "MC", "whatever you want". Just know it won't last long.)

At this point, close and reopen the game and it should be fixed. The game will then ask for your name for the future. This bugfix only applies to the first 400~ lines due to that, but the same logic could be applied to a similar issue. Hope this helps someone and streamlines a quick bugfix for it.

TheMagicalGurl

God of Pregnancy
Game Developer
Feb 19, 2023
Normally I lurk, but I found and fixed a minor bug with the intro. I thought I'd bring it up for anyone else who'll get the same error when starting new games. KeyError: u'name'

The easiest way I solved this is go into game/scripts/ and into "script Ch1.rpy" and add a line after the comment on line 1, then insert this line, then save:
Python:
define name = "You"
This line will solve the issue relating to that error. (You can replace the "You" with "Kevin", "MC", "whatever you want". Just know it won't last long.)

At this point, close and reopen the game and it should be fixed. The game will then ask for your name for the future. This bugfix only applies to the first 400~ lines due to that, but the same logic could be applied to a similar issue. Hope this helps someone and streamlines a quick bugfix for it.

Or just replace this file in: Whatyounamedit/game/scripts

Reactions: ALambert

ALambert

Jan 18, 2021
Or just replace this file in: Whatyounamedit/game/scripts
Fair enough; I was tempted to do the same, but with this being my first post, it wouldn't be the most trustworthy thing. "Better safe than sorry" type mindset I guess. Never know in terms of malicious code, so I tried a bit of a roundabout method.

That aside, I appreciate you streamlining the fix by providing it. No one better than a dev to do so. Wish you the best in any future works or updates to this, as I've enjoyed the game so far.

• Red Heart
Reactions: TheMagicalGurl

Xander Fields

May 12, 2017

Python:
define name = "You"

and here i thought i was a lurker 2 post since 2021 holy shit

• Haha
Reactions: TheMagicalGurl

TheMagicalGurl

God of Pregnancy
Game Developer
Feb 19, 2023
Fair enough; I was tempted to do the same, but with this being my first post, it wouldn't be the most trustworthy thing. "Better safe than sorry" type mindset I guess. Never know in terms of malicious code, so I tried a bit of a roundabout method.

That aside, I appreciate you streamlining the fix by providing it. No one better than a dev to do so. Wish you the best in any future works or updates to this, as I've enjoyed the game so far.
Also, the ProtonDrive link from here on out should have the fix pre-applied...

I have made it clear from day one that I do not like things being around that affect people's enjoyment of my game/AVN.

Reactions: ALambert

cdw9800

Nov 28, 2018
I'm getting nothing but errors while in the dream talking to the "future self", any way to fix this? it's really only HER dialogue that is popping up an "exception has occurred" every line of text

TheMagicalGurl

God of Pregnancy
Game Developer
Feb 19, 2023
I'm getting nothing but errors while in the dream talking to the "future self", any way to fix this? it's really only HER dialogue that is popping up an "exception has occurred" every line of text
Solved. Put this attached file in your Game Folder/Game/Scripts

Also, ALambert replace that last file with this one... This fixes some critical errors in the beginning...

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 14 Votes