VN Ren'Py Abandoned Psychic Connections [v0.7.2] [Rook]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

beetle25

Jun 29, 2017
I used the file created by Hans, and you're not missing anything. All it does is make a bunch of smiling bananas float around the screen while you play. My guess is the developers added this mode specifically to troll people.
Could you tell me what folder you put the file?

Aadkins13

Jan 5, 2021
Could you tell me what folder you put the file?
It's not just a folder you drop the file in.

First, you need to go to the game folder, and the folder inside of that labeled "game".

Inside, there will be an .rpa file called "scripts". You will need to decompile this file with a program called rpaExtract (Google it).

Then, there will be a folder labeled "scripts" decompiled from the .rpa file, and in that folder will be an .rpyc file labelled "script".

Open it with Renpy (The full game-maker version), and find the lines of code that match the ones in Hans' file. Replace the code in the game file with the code in Hans' file, then you will need to recompile the .rpa file using Renpy.

I did this quite a while ago, so I don't quite remember how to do the recompiling part, but I do remember it being pretty easy. Again, Google is your friend.

Then, put the modified .rpa file back in the game folder, run the game, and type in the password in Hans' post. It will work.

But again, I caution you, this is NOT worth the trouble. This mode does not make the characters nude, as I'm sure many of us hoped it did. All it does is make this image of a cartoon banana float around the screen. An obvious troll by the devs.
View attachment banana.webp

Perhaps we'll get a nudity mode in the future, but this ain't it, chief.

PaleAngel_90

Mar 16, 2021
It's not just a folder you drop the file in.

First, you need to go to the game folder, and the folder inside of that labeled "game".

Inside, there will be an .rpa file called "scripts". You will need to decompile this file with a program called rpaExtract (Google it).

Then, there will be a folder labeled "scripts" decompiled from the .rpa file, and in that folder will be an .rpyc file labelled "script".

Open it with Renpy (The full game-maker version), and find the lines of code that match the ones in Hans' file. Replace the code in the game file with the code in Hans' file, then you will need to recompile the .rpa file using Renpy.

I did this quite a while ago, so I don't quite remember how to do the recompiling part, but I do remember it being pretty easy. Again, Google is your friend.

Then, put the modified .rpa file back in the game folder, run the game, and type in the password in Hans' post. It will work.

But again, I caution you, this is NOT worth the trouble. This mode does not make the characters nude, as I'm sure many of us hoped it did. All it does is make this image of a cartoon banana float around the screen. An obvious troll by the devs.
View attachment 1782400

Perhaps we'll get a nudity mode in the future, but this ain't it, chief.
At least we get to see the guys shirtless, that's a plus...

AnHumanGuy

Jun 6, 2022
This thread seems to have been silent for quite a while now. In June of this year the dev made a post on how the game was paused for a long time, saying he's got the game back in development and was hoping to get a new "revamped" version by the end of 2023 :

(This was addressed after the planned return of the game was finally delayed in summer 2023 : )

So while the thread is noted as "abandoned", we should keep an eye out for a re-release of the game (which would just be an update, not a new game :)).

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote