QSP Abandoned Punisher [v0.8.3] [Khamul]

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes

radical686

Nov 30, 2018
It seems from the discussion that some people are attempting to translate the content of the game. That's good, but honestly, I'm not gonna download it until I can understand what's written in the Overview.

I have no idea what this is about and the translation is so bad I find it indecipherable. It's currently very confusing. I can't tell whether the Dev is talking about himself or the male protagonist, and even then it's unclear what either of them is doing other than something about relatives in America and he's somewhere in Russia and something about BDSM. And yes, I've played games written by Russians that were not expertly translated and they were significantly more decipherable than this. The language issues were actually kinda cute and funny.

caramoore

Jun 29, 2017
Is there any cheats?
You can cheat it by saving a game, uploading it to and then changing the variables that you want to, money, health, evil/good etc etc etc.

Failing that if you're feeling really cheeky - and brave - you can use Qgen to open up the QSP file and go in there and change your starting stats, although that way is dangerous if you end up changing a variable too much and cause the game to miss triggers which means you'll never progress or the game to simply crash every time that variable is referenced.

jonwich

Nov 12, 2017
I love QSP games, but i hate machine translations... I won't try this one (yet).
I'll be reworking the translation personally (the entire point of all this, lol). Personally, I think in this case it's worth it even as a machine translation, but it will be much more worth it when I have replaced all the text and it's coherent. That's going to take a while, though, and I'm going to have to do it in stages. There is quite a bit of text.

Only 120mb? I dont think its worty to download.
Believe it or not, it's quite a bit of content. The creator kept the images on the small side, and no gifs or videos, to keep the file size reasonable. If I can get to a point where I have all the text done, I may make a higher quality image pack/webm/mp4/Gif/whatever. We'll have to see how it goes.

Anyone else getting Code: 111 Desc: Location not found! when you try clicking on anything in the objects tab? character, stats, people, phone, etc..
I had that issue back when I played someone's machine translation of, I think, 0.68, or 0.55, but I've not had that issue with my translation of 0.7e . I just triple checked it, I cannot reproduce that error in my version. I also double checked the source files and unzipped the version I uploaded, and tested that, just in case I was somehow stupid and uploaded the older translation. No errors on my end. Are you using my 0.7e machine translation?

I'm nearly done testing for context and trying to make sure all the content in the game currently works. So far I'm coming up without errors, and some content that was broken/missing before (I doubt because of translation, more likely because it was based on 0.7a instead of 0.7e) is working flawlessly now. If that holds true, tomorrow I'll begin importing what I'd worked on before and work on the text. I'm likely to do it in blocks, probably in the order it's listed in the file, so you will probably have me posting not a fully complete work immediately, but one where everything about one character is done, and then another, and then another, etc. etc. I'd like so much to make the game less grindy too, but that may be beyond my technical abilities, which are severely lacking.

jonwich

Nov 12, 2017
It seems from the discussion that some people are attempting to translate the content of the game. That's good, but honestly, I'm not gonna download it until I can understand what's written in the Overview.

I have no idea what this is about and the translation is so bad I find it indecipherable. It's currently very confusing. I can't tell whether the Dev is talking about himself or the male protagonist, and even then it's unclear what either of them is doing other than something about relatives in America and he's somewhere in Russia and something about BDSM. And yes, I've played games written by Russians that were not expertly translated and they were significantly more decipherable than this. The language issues were actually kinda cute and funny.
That's fair, mate. That will probably be included in my first update. Hopefully you stick around that long, it won't be more than a few days, possibly less.

You can cheat it by saving a game, uploading it to and then changing the variables that you want to, money, health, evil/good etc etc etc.

Failing that if you're feeling really cheeky - and brave - you can use Qgen to open up the QSP file and go in there and change your starting stats, although that way is dangerous if you end up changing a variable too much and cause the game to miss triggers which means you'll never progress or the game to simply crash every time that variable is referenced.
Good tips, especially since the author made this a grindy game. I also included a QSP save editor for anyone that can't access or used the online save editor too much and can't for a bit.

I will give a world of caution with cheats in this game- it's easy to cheat your way into screwing yourself out of content. I know that's weird, that's just how the author worked the variables. Some stuff, however, is fairly safe. Money, Brave, Sadism, Education, all of those are safe. Gop_Rep (Gopnik reputation) seems mostly safe. Uni Corruption seems mostly safe. Most of the girls, you can edit their stats safely, but only once you've progressed to a certain level with them, and it can be hard to determine that, so it might be better to leave that alone unless you want to do some trial and error.

Reactions: caramoore

jonwich

Nov 12, 2017
Started a new game and it resolved the Code: 111 issue that I was having.
Were you using a save from a previous version before? Because that would probably do it. Different machine translations may have different location names, and they especially will when it comes to areas you describe, which had to be renamed manually because the translator gave them all the same name. Either way, sorry for the error. I hope to keep it all more consistent in the future and maybe even have some amount of comparability from saves.

Devka

May 8, 2017
Were you using a save from a previous version before? Because that would probably do it. Different machine translations may have different location names, and they especially will when it comes to areas you describe, which had to be renamed manually because the translator gave them all the same name. Either way, sorry for the error. I hope to keep it all more consistent in the future and maybe even have some amount of comparability from saves.
Yep, I was playing 0.4 when I the noticed the 0.7e update pop up.

jonwich

Nov 12, 2017
I think I've gone through all the content available now, it all seems to work as intended. Text replacement to commence later in the AM.

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
For a machine translation it's not bad, better than some. That being said progression is a bit of a bitch to figure out. I basically take pot shots in the hope to progress. Using save editors I've gotten the cousin and girlfriend to slave status, I'm manager of the cafe, I've gotten the english teacher (light) to the point I can visit her home and fuck her depending on the choices I make and I've stumbled upon the KSP teacher and Inga's content but only understand how to progress with the KSP teacher's content cause I can't seem to find when to progress Inga's content (requires going walking around the school at a specific time, idk what time though). They all still have a grind to them and besided messing with the MC's stats and money there's not really a point to messing with the girl's stats because they all of have some form of grind that is time based.

caramoore

Jun 29, 2017
That's fair, mate. That will probably be included in my first update. Hopefully you stick around that long, it won't be more than a few days, possibly less.

Good tips, especially since the author made this a grindy game. I also included a QSP save editor for anyone that can't access or used the online save editor too much and can't for a bit.

I will give a world of caution with cheats in this game- it's easy to cheat your way into screwing yourself out of content. I know that's weird, that's just how the author worked the variables. Some stuff, however, is fairly safe. Money, Brave, Sadism, Education, all of those are safe. Gop_Rep (Gopnik reputation) seems mostly safe. Uni Corruption seems mostly safe. Most of the girls, you can edit their stats safely, but only once you've progressed to a certain level with them, and it can be hard to determine that, so it might be better to leave that alone unless you want to do some trial and error.

Yeah fiddling with NPC stats is always where i'm most wary. With the save editor I usually stick to removing 'my grind' so max all my stats, give myself Bill Gates' bank balance and remove the need to do the learn, exercise, work, make yourself look pretty grind at the very least. That's more than half the battle in pretty much every grindy game. The same with the QSP editor, I'll sometimes go in and change the variables so that my appearance will decay more slowly - if at all - and other such stuff that reduces the need to spend time doing upkeep on myself.

It's only very rarely that I'll use the QSP editor to go in to find and activate a trigger, and that only when I've been banging my head on a desk for a good while in-game trying to get it to pop. :)

Player33509

Jan 9, 2019
Are there different paths, or the game is just about being sadistic and cruel with the girls? It's possible to seduce and dominate them without blackmail, spycams, etc?

jonwich

Nov 12, 2017
Are there different paths, or the game is just about being sadistic and cruel with the girls? It's possible to seduce and dominate them without blackmail, spycams, etc?
Fair question. There are not, at this time, different paths in the game. I doubt the creator intends to write any, either. The point of the game is dominating every woman in the game, and each have their individual requirements. You will mostly be sadistic and cruel, though there is at least one where you don't get to what I'd probably call sadistic or cruel, and it never goes past light bondage, and in your personal relationship with her you are pretty tame. (That's Inga, modeled by Gina Gerson, and since I am sadistic and cruel in what gets me hard, I hope that changes) Actually, let me say now, if the game in it's machine translated state is too sadistic or cruel for you, or even borderline, just know it's probably going to get "worse". I don't think the author will go heavier than he has, though very well might, but when I start rewriting text, it's going to be sadistic and cruel, and it will probably seem more sadistic and cruel once it's in legible English. Right now it's in a broken English state, and that takes something away, but I know that it will seem worse when you can read it and take it's full meaning, especially since what I'm doing isn't a translation, it's a rewrite of a machine translation, so it will likely be embellished artistically.

Every girl has specific paths to the different levels of training. For some it requires a bit of seduction and domination, some spycams, some blackmail, some just have like-minded interests, some require levels of corruption and school corruption. That actually leads me into something I wanted to ask.

At some point, I'll be rewriting each person in the "People" tabs page. If you've played the game, you know that to some extent, you can look there for mild hints on what to do next with that girl (or club owner/manager). Problem is, the way the game is set up, even with a proper translation, these are kinda shitty hints, and while in many cases the next step might be intuitive, sometimes it very much isn't.

When I go to rewrite these, would people prefer I stay in character, and just give very mild hints and let you figure it out, or would you prefer a more straightforward hint/miniguide type deal given that it's not intuitive what the next steps are?

Reactions: Player33509

Player33509

Jan 9, 2019
Fair question. There are not, at this time, different paths in the game. I doubt the creator intends to write any, either. The point of the game is dominating every woman in the game, and each have their individual requirements. You will mostly be sadistic and cruel, though there is at least one where you don't get to what I'd probably call sadistic or cruel, and it never goes past light bondage, and in your personal relationship with her you are pretty tame. (That's Inga, modeled by Gina Gerson, and since I am sadistic and cruel in what gets me hard, I hope that changes) Actually, let me say now, if the game in it's machine translated state is too sadistic or cruel for you, or even borderline, just know it's probably going to get "worse". I don't think the author will go heavier than he has, though very well might, but when I start rewriting text, it's going to be sadistic and cruel, and it will probably seem more sadistic and cruel once it's in legible English. Right now it's in a broken English state, and that takes something away, but I know that it will seem worse when you can read it and take it's full meaning, especially since what I'm doing isn't a translation, it's a rewrite of a machine translation, so it will likely be embellished artistically.

Every girl has specific paths to the different levels of training. For some it requires a bit of seduction and domination, some spycams, some blackmail, some just have like-minded interests, some require levels of corruption and school corruption. That actually leads me into something I wanted to ask.

At some point, I'll be rewriting each person in the "People" tabs page. If you've played the game, you know that to some extent, you can look there for mild hints on what to do next with that girl (or club owner/manager). Problem is, the way the game is set up, even with a proper translation, these are kinda shitty hints, and while in many cases the next step might be intuitive, sometimes it very much isn't.

When I go to rewrite these, would people prefer I stay in character, and just give very mild hints and let you figure it out, or would you prefer a more straightforward hint/miniguide type deal given that it's not intuitive what the next steps are?
Thanks a lot. Actually I have no problem with the sadistic path but I wanted to know if I´m doing something useful if I adopt a "good guy" decision, or just wasting time in the game. About your question, if a more straightforward hint/miniguide is going to make the game less grindy (the big flaw of this kind of games), let's go for it.

jonwich

Nov 12, 2017
Thanks a lot. Actually I have no problem with the sadistic path but I wanted to know if I´m doing something useful if I adopt a "good guy" decision, or just wasting time in the game. About your question, if a more straightforward hint/miniguide is going to make the game less grindy (the big flaw of this kind of games), let's go for it.
Probably wouldn't make it less grindy. When I get all the text replaced, I may, through some trial and error, go and mess with things to make it less grindy. I don't have a lot of technical expertise, so if someone else happened to get it done, I'd be happy, I'm a writer, not a techie. But if I can get it less grindy in the future by manipulating some numbers, I probably will. Though it may also be possible that when I finish rewriting all the text, it won't feel as grindy. Hell, I home I learn enough through all this to add more content. That would be pretty sweet too, but I'm not holding my breath. Priority one is just making it more playable, particularly for English speakers.

Reactions: Player33509

Moz69

Nov 20, 2017
someone can tell me when i can call light or how to get to her home when you have enough pics from webcam.

edit: ohh i found it at radom it popped up during lession

Korya

Oct 18, 2017
all object give me error code:111,location not found when i used old save.Thts mean this game need to fresh start every single update too?

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
all object give me error code:111,location not found when i used old save.Thts mean this game need to fresh start every single update too?
It depends on who has done the translation. If your were playing the Russian version then old saves would always work, its the tanslation that is breaking it as some locations may have been translated into different names

Korya

Oct 18, 2017
It depends on who has done the translation. If your were playing the Russian version then old saves would always work, its the tanslation that is breaking it as some locations may have been translated into different names
Thats mean as i said every update need fresh start caouse i play eng. thts not good

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes