KenneX

Apr 21, 2019
Downloaded, full save from previous 1.01a doesn't work ("Save is from the wrong game."), deleted. Too much grind.

Batatamorr

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2023
Why does my save from the version 1.01a don't work?
Downloaded, full save from previous 1.01a doesn't work ("Save is from the wrong game."), deleted. Too much grind.
I'm not sure what happened there, but I'll check it out. In the meantime, I forgot to mention this in the changelog, but there's an option to skip to the new content during character name selection.

:KEK: why no compressed so huge
As far as I know, there's no way to compress it further. There are a little over 2000 GIFs, each around 2MB. All of these gifs are used in the game, though I understand some might feel there's a lot of fluff. I personally believe they're necessary, but I get if others disagree.

Since compression isn’t really an option, I'm planning to either release a lighter version of the game or make the base game smaller with a larger, more complete version available separately. I’m still figuring it out, but hopefully, this will be ready with the next update.

The purpose of this update seems pretty clear in my eyes. The dev did not have a continuation for the story planned, or decided that he wasnt happy enough with what he had made that far.
It's a mix of not being happy with some decisions I made, poor planning, and better ideas coming up that led me to overhaul and remove content in the game. While I had a plan, I couldn't shake the feeling that I was building on a shaky foundation.

Here are a few specific issues I had:

1. The intro seemed to imply the main girl was already cheating before the story started, which wasn’t my intention.
2. It wasn’t possible to access all content in a single playthrough.
3. Some storylines felt rushed. For example, in the exhibitionist route, the main girl discovers her fetish and engages in public bathroom sex all in one day.
4. I wasn't satisfied with how the Mark storyline was developing and wanted to take a different approach.

But, damn, its very scummy.
I completely understand if someone feels the game took a turn for the worse or that it wasn't worth the removed content or the wait. Pair that with my lack of communication, and it’s totally justified to feel it was a scummy move, even though there was no bad intention behind the changes.

The main reason for making all these changes was that I needed to steer the game in a direction that kept me engaged and excited to work on it. If I had continued without addressing these issues, I might have lost interest in future updates. So, despite my uncertainties, I went ahead with this rework because I want to keep enjoying the process of creating this game.

Batatamorr

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2023
I've tried to find a solution to the save file problem, but unfortunately, it seems that there isn't a fix that can be implemented without potentially causing other issues. However, there's a troubleshooting method available on the save editor website . Here’s how you can try to resolve it:

1. Upload your save file to the save editor website.
2. Look for the first line where it says "id": "puppeteering-101a".
3. Replace "puppeteering-101a" with just "puppeteering".
4. Save the changes.

This should allow you to access your save file again.

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you're having trouble with troubleshooting, please feel free to post your save file here or send it to me privately, and I'll fix it as soon as possible.

Captura de ecrã 2024-06-29 122849.png
Captura de ecrã 2024-06-29 122856.png

Herr4Share

Apr 1, 2017
Bruh, NTR fans don't go on straight only threads and complain about a game having vanilla only content when NTR isn't in the tags.

The reverse is abundant "Is NtR AvOiDAbLe" in literally every game with NTR tag. "TeH EnTeeAR ShUd Be AVOyDuBeL".
Nice try, but as someone who has no dog in the fight (if the game's good, the game's good), both sides are exactly as obnoxious as the other and both sides absolutely pollute threads with their whining.

You probably just gloss over the number of people who appear in threads suggesting that a game would be better with NTR or begging for NTR to be added. Additionally, most of the time I see someone asking if NTR is avoidable, it's some NTR fan that thinks they're being clever and sticking it to the normies.

Reactions: Oliz82
Jul 9, 2017
As far as I know, there's no way to compress it further. There are a little over 2000 GIFs, each around 2MB.
Are they .gif files or are they .webm files? Because every game I've seen here that was using GIF files saw drastic size reduction after changing them to webm. If they're already webm, then I'm pretty sure there isn't a way to reduce their file size without lowering the quality.

Batatamorr

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2023
Are they .gif files or are they .webm files? Because every game I've seen here that was using GIF files saw drastic size reduction after changing them to webm. If they're already webm, then I'm pretty sure there isn't a way to reduce their file size without lowering the quality.
They're already in .webm format, and after thorough research, it seems there's no way to meaningfully reduce their size.

Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
Since compression isn’t really an option, I'm planning to either release a lighter version of the game or make the base game smaller with a larger, more complete version available separately. I’m still figuring it out, but hopefully, this will be ready with the next update.
Another thing you can do is seperate assets of content like ntr (& other kinks) & have it as a seperate downloadable add-ons.
A lot of ppl never see a lot of the images cause they aren't into that content route, but it bloats their download stil.
This way they can only download the routes that apeal to them.
You don't even have to do anything as a dev:
Step 1: Make a zip with only the html & base assets (background, menu images, etc.).
With this archive only, all scene images will be broken, but the game will be playable otherwise, including properly working menu, backgrounds, etc.
Step 2: seperate the images based on their route/storyline/content & zip them seperately.
Upload all the archives & post links.

How it works:
Players 1st download the base game archive.
While playing, at the beginning of each storyline/scene, the archive containing the image/video assets for that route/scene will be mentioned at the top of the page (yes, some editing might be required, but only this)
Now players can download the archive if they want to see that route in full, just play that route with no scene/content videos, or just not play that content at all if not to their taste.
Eg: Mark_Sharing.zip could contain that storyline assets & ppl may or may not want to download it depending on whether they like or dislike the content.

Going further you can separate the images from the videos & have 2 archives like Mark_Sharing_stills.zip for 20MB & Mark_Sharing_gifs.zip for 200MB.
Ppl can decide if they want the full experience or screenshots taken at the moments best describing the scene will suffice for their experience.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In the meantime online options like mopoga or gamcore can be a temporary solution.

Hope it helps.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: KenneX

KenneX

Apr 21, 2019
I've tried to find a solution to the save file problem, but unfortunately, it seems that there isn't a fix that can be implemented without potentially causing other issues. However, there's a troubleshooting method available on the save editor website . Here’s how you can try to resolve it:

1. Upload your save file to the save editor website.
2. Look for the first line where it says "id": "puppeteering-101a".
3. Replace "puppeteering-101a" with just "puppeteering".
4. Save the changes.

This should allow you to access your save file again.
It worked, thank you. :)

Memorin

Sep 6, 2017
Oh no, all the sleep sex related events are gone... Much sad. >_>

EDIT: Oh phew looks like it would be added back in the future. Never mind then.

Last edited:
Reactions: KiraJames

shoty

Apr 27, 2017
Why is the game so insanelly big in size with a main story so short??? I get you have like 20 of side meaningless fling quests on the map, but men, when I got all the "that´s all for this version" I was like, what? already?

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
They're already in .webm format, and after thorough research, it seems there's no way to meaningfully reduce their size.
No they're not. They are animated webp files, that's a completely different format. Using actual webm files would cut the size by about half.

ARB582

Jan 6, 2018
Another reason for the large size is that there way too many gifs. For eg in the beginning when luke gives an example of his power by getting maggie to masturbate, two or three gifs would be enough to show that but there are 12 gifs in this game for it. This applies to various other scenes as well, way too many gifs.

kristo0086

Nov 17, 2021
More Mark Sharing content please. And will you recycle this sharing content, or will everything remain as it was in the old version?

Batatamorr

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2023
Another thing you can do is seperate assets of content like ntr (& other kinks) & have it as a seperate downloadable add-ons.
A lot of ppl never see a lot of the images cause they aren't into that content route, but it bloats their download stil.
This way they can only download the routes that apeal to them.
You don't even have to do anything as a dev:
Step 1: Make a zip with only the html & base assets (background, menu images, etc.).
With this archive only, all scene images will be broken, but the game will be playable otherwise, including properly working menu, backgrounds, etc.
Step 2: seperate the images based on their route/storyline/content & zip them seperately.
Upload all the archives & post links.

How it works:
Players 1st download the base game archive.
While playing, at the beginning of each storyline/scene, the archive containing the image/video assets for that route/scene will be mentioned at the top of the page (yes, some editing might be required, but only this)
Now players can download the archive if they want to see that route in full, just play that route with no scene/content videos, or just not play that content at all if not to their taste.
Eg: Mark_Sharing.zip could contain that storyline assets & ppl may or may not want to download it depending on whether they like or dislike the content.

Going further you can separate the images from the videos & have 2 archives like Mark_Sharing_stills.zip for 20MB & Mark_Sharing_gifs.zip for 200MB.
Ppl can decide if they want the full experience or screenshots taken at the moments best describing the scene will suffice for their experience.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In the meantime online options like mopoga or gamcore can be a temporary solution.

Hope it helps.
These are actually really good tips, and I'll likely implement them for the NTR content at least. As for the rest of the content, I need to think it over. I don't want to create a situation where someone is put off because they had to download 10 different things before even starting the game. However, I guess this could be mitigated by offering a full version download as well.

Regardless, your suggestions have been really helpful. Thank you!

No they're not. They are animated webp files, that's a completely different format. Using actual webm files would cut the size by about half.
Oh yeah, you're totally right. If it were a static webm, the file size would be smaller, but since we're dealing with animated webp files, the size is already pretty optimal for what they are. I want to keep them animated, so there's not much we can do to reduce the file size further.

Another reason for the large size is that there way too many gifs. For eg in the beginning when luke gives an example of his power by getting maggie to masturbate, two or three gifs would be enough to show that but there are 12 gifs in this game for it. This applies to various other scenes as well, way too many gifs.
Yes, that's definitely the biggest contributor to the file size. I'll keep creating scenes this way because I personally enjoy them more, but I understand if you or others feel that fewer gifs could still work or even improve the scenes. That's why I'm considering a light version with fewer gifs per scene. for future updates.

More Mark Sharing content please. And will you recycle this sharing content, or will everything remain as it was in the old version?
They are coming in this next version, going past the point before the overhaul. As for scenes that had already been made, I won't be reusing them. I don't think they fit with this new direction, and I personally don't enjoy most of them anymore. However, I will likely reuse some of the videos from before.

3.40 star(s) 21 Votes