Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Oh yeah, you're totally right. If it were a static webm, the file size would be smaller, but since we're dealing with animated webp files, the size is already pretty optimal for what they are. I want to keep them animated, so there's not much we can do to reduce the file size further.
You... what? Webm is animated, it's a proper video format, and it's much better at it than animated webp files.
Your webp file weighing in at 1.6 MB:
View attachment a.webp
Actual webm file is less than a third the size at 451 KB:
View attachment a.webm
And the quality would be a lot better too if it was transcoded from the original video file rather than through animated webp first.

Batatamorr

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2023
You... what? Webm is animated, it's a proper video format, and it's much better at it than animated webp files.
Your webp file weighing in at 1.6 MB:
View attachment 3793064
Actual webm file is less than a third the size at 451 KB:
View attachment 3793067
And the quality would be a lot better too if it was transcoded from the original video file rather than through animated webp first.
I don't even know what to say :FacePalm:

First of all, I was misreading webp instead of webm, so no wonder I wasn't making any sense to you. Second, I always assumed they were mostly the same size-wise, but webm was just harder to make, so I never saw it as an option.

I'll definitely start converting the original videos to webm for the new scenes. For the existing webp files, I'll convert them to webm, even though there's some loss of quality. It’s not ideal, but it's not worth the huge time investment to remake everything.

Thank you so much for your help, and sorry for being so dense about it!

Muad_Dib

Sep 12, 2021
Sorry to ask, but how do I get to the second chapter?

I withdraw my question, I did not immediately understand that the game is under reconstruction. Just looking at the size, I thought there was a lot of content here.

Last edited:

Batatamorr

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2023
I went ahead and converted all the animated webp files into webm videos in version 1.02, which cut the file size to roughly one fourth of the original. For anyone who still hasn't tried out this version or was put off by the size, there are new download links available. For everyone else, there's no real reason to download it again since the content hasn't changed.

DOWNLOAD
All
: - - - - -

Reactions: Memorin and ayob98

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
Puppeteering-1.02b
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Batatamorr

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2023
I can't trigger Mall-Woman glancing around no matter what. Bug?
You can't encounter the same girl twice in the same day. If she never shows up, then I haven't encountered that specific bug yet. I did a full playthrough the other day and everything seemed fine. Please send me a save file so I can check what might be happening.

Memorin

Sep 6, 2017
You can't encounter the same girl twice in the same day. If she never shows up, then I haven't encountered that specific bug yet. I did a full playthrough the other day and everything seemed fine. Please send me a save file so I can check what might be happening.
Apologies, but where is the save game folder?

EDIT: Never mind I found another way. Here you go. You can check under Gallery that "Woman glancing about" is the only one I wasn't able to fully unlock because I can't trigger it for some reason.

Batatamorr

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2023
Apologies, but where is the save game folder?

EDIT: Never mind I found another way. Here you go. You can check under Gallery that "Woman glancing about" is the only one I wasn't able to fully unlock because I can't trigger it for some reason.
I checked it, and it was triggering for me, so it must have been a streak of bad luck on your end. I've tried to mitigate this by making each girl interactable only once a day, so you can meet everyone in a single spot in one day without randomness.

That said, you can go to the mall on a fresh day and meet every girl until she shows up, or you can load this save where she will definitely appear.

Memorin

Sep 6, 2017
I checked it, and it was triggering for me, so it must have been a streak of bad luck on your end. I've tried to mitigate this by making each girl interactable only once a day, so you can meet everyone in a single spot in one day without randomness.

That said, you can go to the mall on a fresh day and meet every girl until she shows up, or you can load this save where she will definitely appear.
Oh crap, I realized my mistake. It says 4/4 so I thought it was complete when in fact 4/4 complete is the real end point of the event. Apologies, and thanks for helping.

3.40 star(s) 21 Votes