DerWahrePeter

Oct 5, 2019
It remains as it always has been: Pledge on a per-release basis. Like a particular release or feel that sufficient progress has been achieved since you last pledged/the development started? Pledge once and cancel again.

Leeduva

Mar 3, 2020
I wonder what Eromancer smoked when they thought that a fully animated sidescrolling brawler would be less work then the rpg with standing pictures that we haven't heard anything from for 3 years
In a way a sidescroller is alot easier to work with then making an RPG maker game. Due to how little effort it takes for a 3d side scroller to standout compare to an RPG maker game.

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Scams are not the same these days! People educate themselves, make threads to inform others. Dammit, can't even get a villa from a decent scam no more! :HideThePain:

(sigh, maybe there is hope yet)
and yet there are more people today that spend money on money pits like patreon, onlyfans, subscriptions and preorders than ever.
surely the degenerates multiplied alongside the intelligent people
not that ALL preorders, subs etc are dumb, just most

Leeduva

Mar 3, 2020
Appealing visual ..checked
Exciting soundtrack ..checked
Very welcoming attitude ..checked
Bear-minimal but high quality 'example' ..checked
Frontal attracting for good end result ..checked

It's another Ponzi scheme all over again, just like how they first starting to promote MATM.

Well, what do I expected ... even tho I fully know where this went and would reserve myself from commenting their 'effort' again until they actually release some fully complete product, but here I am.

Maybe deep down I already decided that they wouldn't never actually release anything at all. Giving 2 more years and see if my heart proof me wrong if I still breathing and kicking to see them at that point that is.

Or maybe they know full well that world will be ended by unforeseen pandemic and start their scheme back then to enjoy some luxury before the whole world rotten over, who knows ?
2 years has past now so what your current opinion? Still a Ponzi schemes or legit effort more? Assuming your still alive that is.

Litoningu

Oct 1, 2018
2 years has past now so what your current opinion? Still a Ponzi schemes or legit effort more? Assuming your still alive that is.
I still very much do, just not post much around.

To that I say, they are still at the same pace just like MATM, sadly.
Still look very Ponzi scheme. Very good quality product but very minimal to offer with that amount of time taken for a 'team' they proclaimed working 'diligently and passionately'.

I'm not a game developer but I'm somewhat producing/practicing art-making myself. I got a good sense of the progression on how long a good art will take. I made a lot of crappy art, some effortless but all of them certainly take time.

But the time they took as a 'team' isn't very reasonable progression for the content they can offer.

I like to disclaim that it's not all accusation or blinded speculation but there's some comparison for a developer who actually works passionately and diligently for their game, some of them even a solo dev, and they make better progress than this 'team'. I'm still very much convinced they're not trustworthy.

= = = = = = =

I barely tune in to this game at all, at this point, I would either wait for it full release come to light or just completely forget about it at this point.

But I'm being here, which means I'll eventually wait for free stuff anyway so I'm not in any position to be lecturing anyone on morals and ethics. It's all come down to just my frustration taking form.

TL;DR - Still not convince they are putting in 'legit effort'. Effort sure does shows in their work, its quality isn't to be denied but the 'legit' part still very much absent.

Reactions: Leeduva

Leeduva

Mar 3, 2020
I still very much do, just not post much around.

To that I say, they are still at the same pace just like MATM, sadly.
Still look very Ponzi scheme. Very good quality product but very minimal to offer with that amount of time taken for a 'team' they proclaimed working 'diligently and passionately'.

I'm not a game developer but I'm somewhat producing/practicing art-making myself. I got a good sense of the progression on how long a good art will take. I made a lot of crappy art, some effortless but all of them certainly take time.

But the time they took as a 'team' isn't very reasonable progression for the content they can offer.

I like to disclaim that it's not all accusation or blinded speculation but there's some comparison for a developer who actually works passionately and diligently for their game, some of them even a solo dev, and they make better progress than this 'team'. I'm still very much convinced they're not trustworthy.

= = = = = = =

I barely tune in to this game at all, at this point, I would either wait for it full release come to light or just completely forget about it at this point.

But I'm being here, which means I'll eventually wait for free stuff anyway so I'm not in any position to be lecturing anyone on morals and ethics. It's all come down to just my frustration taking form.

TL;DR - Still not convince they are putting in 'legit effort'. Effort sure does shows in their work, its quality isn't to be denied but the 'legit' part still very much absent.
Thanks for answering my question. If I have to throw my two cents I don't think their scammers at least not consciously. No I think it worse then that I think overall from what I read and seen of them. Is that their a lazy dev team. That if they solely focus completing pure onyx. And made that their focus they would be more content then what available now. Hell they might even finish the game. But instead they do the bare minimum. And probably just mess around on their spare time. People will point out the money that they get from Patreon as a reason for them to not trying to finish the game on time. So they can milk the backers. And that may be true. But most likely or not I don't think they anticipated. That they would have alot of people still pledging to them. And would of went possible prefer the route of slower delays. Using the lack of backers as an excuse. But due to the money that their getting from the backers. They have to post more updates even if their barely any change. If I'm right about this. Then chances are if pure onyx does get finish. It won't be from team Eromancer themselves. No their going to hire a third party to finish it for them. And their plenty of desperate game developers on site like Fiverr who would doing for dirt cheap prices.

Litoningu

Oct 1, 2018
Thanks for answering my question. If I have to throw my two cents I don't think their scammers at least not consciously. No I think it worse then that I think overall from what I read and seen of them. Is that their a lazy dev team. That if they solely focus completing pure onyx. And made that their focus they would be more content then what available now. Hell they might even finish the game. But instead they do the bare minimum. And probably just mess around on their spare time. People will point out the money that they get from Patreon as a reason for them to not trying to finish the game on time. So they can milk the backers. And that may be true. But most likely or not I don't think they anticipated. That they would have alot of people still pledging to them. And would of went possible prefer the route of slower delays. Using the lack of backers as an excuse. But due to the money that their getting from the backers. They have to post more updates even if their barely any change. If I'm right about this. Then chances are if pure onyx does get finish. It won't be from team Eromancer themselves. No their going to hire a third party to finish it for them. And their plenty of desperate game developers on site like Fiverr who would doing for dirt cheap prices.
I like to believe so that they're not 'intentionally' setting up a scam.
They clearly have talent, but not vision, focus, and commitment, as well as easily swayed by ambition.

It was from their shitstorm since MATM that made them unavoidably be seen as scammers.

The first couple of reworks are like a fine tune that is easily forgivable, then comes an overall overhaul, then comes a physique showcase that has never been used in priors updates. Lastly they suddenly 'burned out' and plan to make this so-called 'Quick project' to fund the previous one, then they claimed to 'worked around the clock' to make all of these updates til today happens. Then comes another rework for this game so they can 'appeal to Patreon' which will prolong their milking time even more.

The lack of clarity, the lack of honesty, the lack of sensible progress, everything around them is screaming they're a liar that takes their backers and community for a fool whom know nothing about game dev, while a quick comparison with similar or even smaller team can easily be made clear that what they saying not in line with their actions at all.

So what makes a person who benefits from fooling others so they can keep giving them money without the needs of sensible justification? Yes, a scammer.

= = = = =

Yet another disclaimer. THESE were all my personal feeling toward them, not face value in general.

I respect their talent and works of art, but not the way they handle things, and make me see them as such.

I can tolerate slow progress, I can tolerate bare-minimal content, I can wait for certain games for years - I even forget about their progress and release date until they suddenly come out of the wood without anticipating it.

But this game and their MATM is just not it. Had they been a little more honest and considerable - that their backers or others that track their progress aren't a fool. I wouldn't be as skeptical about them this much too.

For what it's worth, I'll just leave this game be yet another [suddenly pop-up in the market and looks good] like many others rather than keep being skeptical about them or keep track of their progress. That way, I'll eventually forget this game's existence and only see them when it actually finishes.

I have no specific vendetta against them, I wouldn't stop people from liking them, it's not something within my control.

This dev can do whatever for all I care, beg for more patronage when getting low, make more excuses to prolong the development, keep remaking stuff, or even vanished in thin air and I wouldn't even give a damn tbh. I can only pity those faithful backers if that happens. But it's not something that happened for the first time in this community either way.

All I can give are opinions. This game is not worth my time unless it's actually finished.

The only reason I still watched this thread is solely because the memes and to see how people gonna roast them next are even more entertaining than the game itself, that's my honest opinion about this thread.

bloodmane

Dec 6, 2017
no H again, huh? after the 2 previous ones being just an alternate of an already existing one

Aug 29, 2022
NGl i dont feel like waiting years for new enemies. Can someone help me mod this game so that I can swap the Bunny Characters with the Splicer characters. I wanna swap their character models so i can see Onyx fight them in game.

2.80 star(s) 76 Votes