sirretinee

Jul 17, 2018
Eromancer is probably trying to avoid getting banned from the patreon sites. Or he's planning on moving the final work to steam — that does not allow for rape.
Bit of column A, probably bit of column B.

It's my understanding that they started the Subscribestar with the intention that, should a minimum amount of funding be reached, they'd switch over to SS entirely from Patreon and re-implement all the things Patreon made them remove. This is why a lot of animation work done nowadays is replacing intro sequences to make things less rapey.

The obvious answer would be for them to switch to SS entirely to just reimplement all the old stuff, but there's no guarantee everybody from the Patreon would switch (or even could switch because of payment options). It'd be fiscal suicide to kill their cash-cow like that.
I get it. However I also get people not wanting to be subbed for all the 'extra' time it takes to replace old animations when, if they switched to SS, they could be working on 'new' animations instead.

Reactions: annone

Buziol

Jun 5, 2017
Eromancer is probably trying to avoid getting banned from the patreon sites.
That much is true because Patreon started enforcing its own rules. Problem here is that it also has a rule about no bestiality and we have a bug enemy that is clearly non-sentient...which is a tragedy waiting to happen, just like rape'y animations...and just like them, it will be yet another pointless, "totally unexpected" updates to animations that could easily be done or avoided years ago.
Or he's planning on moving the final work to steam — that does not allow for rape.
That's false. You are not allowed to release it as it is but countless ero-games with rape, hypnosis, NTR and what not are released on steam. Most often it is hidden behind an external patch, which is something steam is perfectly fine with.
I mean, Succubus game from Madmind Studios isn't exactly glamorous and it is allowed with uncensor patch...same with a lot of japanese NTR adventure games that bog the market.

It's my understanding that they started the Subscribestar with the intention that, should a minimum amount of funding be reached, they'd switch over to SS entirely from Patreon and re-implement all the things Patreon made them remove. This is why a lot of animation work done nowadays is replacing intro sequences to make things less rapey.

The obvious answer would be for them to switch to SS entirely to just reimplement all the old stuff, but there's no guarantee everybody from the Patreon would switch (or even could switch because of payment options). It'd be fiscal suicide to kill their cash-cow like that.
I get it. However I also get people not wanting to be subbed for all the 'extra' time it takes to replace old animations when, if they switched to SS, they could be working on 'new' animations instead.
Ehhh, this again...yes, from business point of view it is equal to killing the cash flow because Ero relies on sleeper patreons at this point that wake up once a year to see what's been done (or rather, what's still not being done at all).
At this point, Eromancer chose the worst option possible - sitting on two stools, hoping he won't fall from both of them. As a result not only is the goal not met but he effectively keeps the status quo, making "finishing" the original game impossible (there will never be enough patreons on SS, not to meet that goal he set up).

sirretinee

Jul 17, 2018
Ehhh, this again...yes, from business point of view it is equal to killing the cash flow because Ero relies on sleeper patreons at this point that wake up once a year to see what's been done (or rather, what's still not being done at all).
At this point, Eromancer chose the worst option possible - sitting on two stools, hoping he won't fall from both of them. As a result not only is the goal not met but he effectively keeps the status quo, making "finishing" the original game impossible (there will never be enough patreons on SS, not to meet that goal he set up).
Oh don't get me wrong, I agree with you.
If the SubscribeStar was put in place as an actual, viable option, Ero should be pushing it way more.
How hard is it to put something like a "If we reach this goal on SS we can bring back the old animations", or something similar, on monthly update posts?
Whole thing reeks of "woe is me, here's the option but it's just not happening boo hoo :( but the moneys nice so we'll keep going :( :( :(" pity party nonsense. Multi-track grifting if I ever saw it.

Buziol

Jun 5, 2017
Oh don't get me wrong, I agree with you.
If the SubscribeStar was put in place as an actual, viable option, Ero should be pushing it way more.
How hard is it to put something like a "If we reach this goal on SS we can bring back the old animations", or something similar, on monthly update posts?
Whole thing reeks of "woe is me, here's the option but it's just not happening boo hoo :( but the moneys nice so we'll keep going :( :( :(" pity party nonsense. Multi-track grifting if I ever saw it.
That would require a moral integrity and long-term planning - both of which are in short supply.
Reminding others that you want to move out of Patreon? And that their support on SS is critical? And that you would want them to stop supporting you in two places at the same time? Preposterous!

bloodmane

Dec 6, 2017
Eromancer is probably trying to avoid getting banned from the patreon sites. Or he's planning on moving the final work to steam — that does not allow for rape.
that anti non-con shit on patreon has been there for such a long time already though... there is other patreon creators also have non-con stuff like NTR shit as well. maybe those smaller one didnt get a patreon warning or something but i highly doubt that eroscammer somehow didnt see that on the rules. someone in here also did their timeline homework on that too.

steam has a lot of non-con games. escape dungeon? escape dungeon 2 etc etc

didnt they also make a susbscribe star to avoid the anti non-con stuff too? where the game there would be have the original intended design?

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
Patreon has been raping a lot of their content creator but they wont let little bit fantasy non consensual sex? what in the hot kentucky crispy fried fuck is this!!?
Ironic they do the raping but at the same time don't allow it on their platform.
1696646962607.png

Reactions: Taskboy

Ironclad

Jun 10, 2018
That much is true because Patreon started enforcing its own rules. Problem here is that it also has a rule about no bestiality and we have a bug enemy that is clearly non-sentient...which is a tragedy waiting to happen, just like rape'y animations...and just like them, it will be yet another pointless, "totally unexpected" updates to animations that could easily be done or avoided years ago.

That's false. You are not allowed to release it as it is but countless ero-games with rape, hypnosis, NTR and what not are released on steam. Most often it is hidden behind an external patch, which is something steam is perfectly fine with.
I mean, Succubus game from Madmind Studios isn't exactly glamorous and it is allowed with uncensor patch...same with a lot of japanese NTR adventure games that bog the market.

The easy solution is just to have a full version on SS and a Patreon/Steam friendly version. There are plenty of rpgmaker titles with full on rape on Steam. The moderation on Patreon isn't very predictable admittedly.

Reactions: Enigmanic
2.90 star(s) 77 Votes