Daz Q: DAZ loading and things...

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
I usually don't have a lot of morphs.
In the beginning, i collected anything remotely interesting but over time i realized, what do i do with all this crap?
In fact, you mostly need only a couple of sets to make your life easy and that is that. The majority of morphs are mostly useless, which applies also to poses (which are the worst).
I kind of hate how it's done. Though i can see why DAZ loads everything separately before the scene appears.
There are certain technic that one should follow, i assume. Like reset the figure after a pose. It happens sometimes that a figure, mostly female, get's laggy and i think it is of hidden morphs that pile up and don't reset for some reason.

As for loading, things got better for me.
I decided to give non function NPC no clear appearance but rather have them SubD1 and black or grey. They are only there to fill the scene but don't have a function.
So i can pack indeed more figures into a scene. Then there are the close ups which eat more VRam, i think. Details.

I don't even have a lot of characters. I usually only keep what i bought and some that i like. So there aren't too many characters in my library. Even clothing, though this doesn't probably matter to loading as much, i shrank it down a lot.
I relay more on free assets in any way i can, to avoid paying too much.

At the moment i am experimenting more with light and what you can do to get the renders more speedy while preserving the overall ambiance of a scene.
So i am playing not with the tonemanager more, which i kind of avoided all the time.
Darker scene take longer to render though but i read somewhere that you suppose to flash lots of light and tone it down then in the tonemanager.

But back to the point of loading. It seems that some figures have an impact on this because their defaults have high SubD values. So if you add more figure into the scene, it will eat up more Vram, plus for each their morphs and poses. And it is correct that DAZ seems to at least check any pose you have installed. So if you have a lot it will take more time before it moves on to other tasks.
I think for that reason one should only have certain morphs and poses installed like your basics. Others installed in a separate folder that can be loaded or unloaded through the content manager.

Well, just my experience and observations.

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
you DID use Daz Install Manager, right? ooops
I know i did. I think for a while after 4.12 there was a period where daz was trying to force users away from DIM, so I didn't upgrade for a while before they allow upgrading again to DIM users.

• Haha
Reactions: osanaiko