Tool QSP QSP Save Editor

Pararock

Aug 17, 2016
Hi Everyone!

I just made a simple QSP Save Editor.

Download
You can download it on GitHub here :
Download for .NET 4.0 (aka before Win 7)

Features
Load a save and modify the values of each variables.
Enter a custom command to run.
See changes between two saves. ( )
Text Editor with highlight for large string variables

Issues
In some games, your first action after loading a modified save MUST be a move action. I'm still trying to find why.

Notes
If you have any critics or suggestion for future version. Please let me know.

Requirements

Future versions
My current idea for future version: fix the slow scrolling speed.

Changes notes
Version 0.3 - 2016-09-27
Text Editor for large string variable
Modified QSPLib to support games that uses the ADDQST instruction
Fixed a bug where the ' character was not escaped

Version 0.2 - 2016-09-13
Highlight modified variable after reloading a save.
You can reset the baseline when you reload a save.
Minor UI Change.
Filter by name works with on all cases now.
Fixed crash on canceled exec command.

Pararock

Aug 17, 2016
Coming soonish

You can reload the same save and see what variables have change since the last time.
Already done

Coming soonish:

A small text editor for very long variable. I need to iron out some bug and create a good for the color coding.

Here's a small image that show up my progress to support the entire qsplib api.

Last edited:

Pararock

Aug 17, 2016
RANT Incoming:

WTF!! There's so many different version of qst.dll around and they don't all have the same operation. Some have the command
Code:
ADDQST
to include another qst and other uses
Code:
INCLIB

I just spend 1 hour trying to find wtf office save would crash my editor only to find out it was icnluding the translation with addqst that version of the dll I used didn't support.

Pararock

Aug 17, 2016
What's your OS?. You also need .net 4.6.1 and VC2015 c++ redist.

[/URL]

Aug 6, 2016
What's your OS?. You also need .net 4.6.1 and VC2015 c++ redist.

Already had both of them installed to the latest version. Tried compatibility mode for windows 7 all the way up to 8.1 with no luck. And my OS is windows 10

Aug 6, 2016
I'm on Win10 myself. For the VC++ redist, did you install the x64 or x86 version or both?

I recompiled the old qsp.dll as 32 bits(I don't even know if it can compile as 64 bits), so you need the x86 version of the redist.

You have extracted the 9 files? If you right-click on the qspsaveeditor.exe and go to property, is the downloaded from the internet flag is there?
Okay thank you m8 i downloaded the 32 bit version and it worked. Thanks a lot m8. BTW im lovin it.

Reactions: Pararock

Pararock

Aug 17, 2016
I can try, but this will require a few days. I completely removed anything that have XP in the name in my visual studio.

I examined the libraries I used and only serilog doesn't seem compatible with 4.0. The good thing is that the released version didn't used it yet.

For my codes, I use quite a few 4.6 stuffs like string interpolation. But from my limited knowledge that’s only compiler tricks, so it might work for targeting 4.0.

Pararock

Aug 17, 2016
So, I tried to retarget to .net 4.0. Here the result. I have no idea if it will works on version before Win7 since I don't have any computer to test it on and it's getting late to setup a vm for this.

Edit: I modified the zip, to include the .config file. It works for me on XP in a VM =>

Last edited:

EvilChef

Sep 23, 2016
Im sitting on Windows 10 aswell, have both the x86 and x64 versions of vc++
Cant get it to run.
So i tried the 2.1 version above and that launches.

Pararock

Aug 17, 2016
Im sitting on Windows 10 aswell, have both the x86 and x64 versions of vc++
Cant get it to run.
So i tried the 2.1 version above and that launches.
Damn, the only time I don't test it on another computer come bite me. I modified my build process and I included the debug version of the main qsplib.dll instead of the release one. So it would try to uses the debug version of vc++ and well unless you have windows sdk it can't find it.

I modified the 7z on github, it should works now.

EvilChef

Sep 23, 2016
Damn, the only time I don't test it on another computer come bite me. I modified my build process and I included the debug version of the main qsplib.dll instead of the release one. So it would try to uses the debug version of vc++ and well unless you have windows sdk it can't find it.

I modified the 7z on github, it should works now.
That did it, worked like a charm.

zedsdead

Aug 6, 2016
I haven't been able to load any saves. I keep getting an error saying it can't load the file. I've tried it for multiple games and saves. The game seems to load but the saves won't.

EDIT: Think I figured out where I went wrong. Running Windows through VM on my Mac to run the editor but it didn't seem to recognise the game or saves if they were loaded from outside the emulation. Moving game folders over to the VM now to see if that works.

Last edited:

gue5t

Sep 11, 2016
Sorry for the delay, the QSPSaveEditor 0.2.1 starts for me but once I click on Open Game it crashes. Is there a way I can generate and send you a crash-log?

Pararock

Aug 17, 2016
If you go in the reability monitor(added in Vista) or the application tab of the event viewer(XP) you can see minimal details on the crash.

I added minimal logging in 3.0, but for now it only output to VS debug window. I plan on adding file sink soon.

If you can send me the qsp, I can investigate.

Edit: Also, you need VC++ 2015 x86 even with the .net 4.0 version

Last edited: