Tool QSP QSP Save Editor

Sunsunil6

Aug 5, 2016
Thanks a lot man, Your Are Awesome. i tried to change "Family Problems" QSP Game, its working but i have to move one screen to it in game.
Once again Thanks for the Save Editor.

sknf

Modder
Oct 15, 2016
can you put an option to copy the text from the variables (right click to copy or select string and copy i don't know) so we can translate them from a translate site ?

Pararock

Aug 17, 2016
I could, but in most case I think this would be useless. If you see big text on the right, there's a good chance it's dynamic and will be replaced later in the game. Your best bet is modifying the qsp directly.

ace_boogie

Professional Asshole
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
can you put an option to copy the text from the variables (right click to copy or select string and copy i don't know) so we can translate them from a translate site ?
There is a way to do that. But it's not with qsp save editor. You can use the qsptools in the tools section. It would put every variable and output in a xml file. Or, you can use qgen and make a txt2gam file

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I cannot seem to find the save files. Are they somewhere not in the game folder or something?

Reactions: bazzalini

sknf

Modder
Oct 15, 2016
and something else :)
it is possible to have multiple (ok with a limit) filters?
for example to show me (through filter) the variables money/item1/object2

Pararock

Aug 17, 2016
and something else :)
it is possible to have multiple (ok with a limit) filters?
for example to show me (through filter) the variables money/item1/object2
The basic idea is good, but I don't like the idea of multiple filter. I could add a way to "sticky" variables that will always show. Would this works for you?

Reactions: sknf

MSpiral

Aug 27, 2016
Hi. Love the tool Thanks.

Quick question, is there any way to add a variable to a savegame? I tried execute command and had var=0 and also $var=0 but they didn't seem to do anything.

On the same note, is there a list of available commands? Or anything Python supports will work?

ace_boogie

Professional Asshole
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016

Quick question, is there any way to add a variable to a savegame? I tried execute command and had var=0 and also $var=0 but they didn't seem to do anything.

On the same note, is there a list of available commands? Or anything Python supports will work?
If you want to add a variable, you'll have to add it to the game itself. For the exec command, just type the variable you're trying to manipulate and set it to a value

MSpiral

Aug 27, 2016
Wow, thanks for the quick reply. Let me see if I can explain this a bit better.

I have a savegame from version 1 of a game with a lot of progress.
In version 2 they added new content and new variables (as they usually do :)). I really don't want to restart so I was hoping to add those variables to my existing save.

Alternatively I could start a new game with all the new variables save it and maybe have a way to loop through the existing ones in my old save and transfer the values over.

Pararock

Aug 17, 2016

I just tested it and it works . You might have the wrong name tho, since variable in QSP are weird. All variables are variant(they can hold both a string and an integer) and part of an array variableName[0] is the same as variableName. So make sure you use the $ if the developers used it too.

BTW, since the integer variable is set to 0 when you use the string. I make an assumption when I display them. If the string is set and the integer is 0. I don't display the integer part. So don't take an absent integer as no value if the string is also set.

If you want a list of command, you can use the wiki here and translate it with your browser. I started to do one here but boredom win me over.

MSpiral

Aug 27, 2016
Awesome. Thanks a lot.

I was doing the right things except saving after execute command. I was expecting the list to refresh and never realized it might not do it.

Pararock

Aug 17, 2016
Awesome. Thanks a lot.

I was doing the right things except saving after execute command. I was expecting the list to refresh and never realized it might not do it.
Yeah, my program is just a shell over the guy dll. I don't have a way to know that your command did. I guess I should refresh the list. I added it to my todo list, but I don't know if I will ever do the list.

Lulatsche

Oct 25, 2016
Somehow it won't start at win 10 for me :(
Using it on win 7 a few days ago (reinstalled win) it worked fine...

Pararock

Aug 17, 2016
Do you have version x86(32 bits) installed?

Even if your computer is 64 bits, you need the 32 bits redist.

Reactions: #NomeD

MakeMeTea

Aug 7, 2016
Always when I'm trying to load a save file the program says: "Error, can't load file!"
What can be a problem?
I'm using Windows 8, 64bits, dowloaded VC++ 2015 x86.

Last edited:

Pararock

Aug 17, 2016
Always when I'm trying to load a save file the program says: "Error, can't load file!"
What can be a problem?
I'm using Windows 8, 64bits, dowloaded VC++ 2015 x86.
It could be a few things. PM me the QSP and the save and I'll look into it.

MakeMeTea

Aug 7, 2016
It could be a few things. PM me the QSP and the save and I'll look into it.
I made some changes in qsp file through qgen5 before I used your tool, so I downloaded game again and now save file opens.
Sorry for disturbance.