VN - Ren'Py - Race of Life [Ep. 3.1 Extra Fix v3] [Underground Studio]

1. 5.00 star(s)

RedBarbarossa

Very good VN with a lot of potential. Most of the characters are written well and have good opportunities to develop their stories, but we will see how it will be over time. The main plot is also more mature than most VNs of this type. The MC is quite motivated to act by stories. It would be good if this was the main direction of the next parts and not more sex scenes with random girls. For now, the rating is encouraging, but we'll see what the next updates will bring
  2. 5.00 star(s)

sicilian

Extremely high quality game. Story/setting is good, although I'm not personally a fan of the whole ex-wife concept. Also, too much dialogue sometimes. Where this game truly stands out is the graphics. Beautiful! I love the stretch marks and realistic tummy on Veronica, very nice touch. My only gripe with the animations, which are otherwise fantastic, is that in some scenes the characters will have really obvious loop points in their animation. Really breaks the immersion, but it's only noticeable sometimes. The overall visual appeal is basically unmatched among 3D games right now IMO. This game could really be a top 3 game of all time at this rate! Great work!
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Slyofthefly

What can I say, the quality of this is amazing. Renders are superb, story is refreshing. There is actually depth unlike some other "games" on here. Really love the setting and the whole cars thing. Realistic progression and amazing characters. Absolutely love it! 5stars.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

fluffcube

This game is well made other than the writing. Unfortunately that's a fairly experience-ruining problem.

The visuals are definitely good, but nothing particularly special. The rendering is competent, and the posing/animations are well done. Definitely a step above stock animations and poses everywhere.

The story isn't very interesting, but it's decent enough to where it could still be very enjoyable. The real issue is the dialogue. Right off the bat you're hit with boring walls of text from pointless side characters. Every scene with a love interest is filled with painfully unfunny jokes and absolutely cringe, unauthentic flirting from the MC. It really makes the whole thing unplayable for me, which is pretty disappointing.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

StrawberryCheese83

What can I say about this game! The game has EVERYTHING....a good story...extra class visuals...lovable, authentic and sexy characters....good animations. Finally a VN that touches me emotionally as well. Decisions in this game HAVE a meaning and a weight. I cannot praise the Devs enough. You have done an extraordinary job and created a game that is SO good that it should be made into a movie. :) THANK YOU for my new favorite VN
  6. 5.00 star(s)

thisguy420

Almost forgot about this game with the long development time between ch1 and 2, but the dev delivered big time. Ch2 is much longer than ch1 enough that the game as a whole feels like there is substantial content with just 2 chapters. Render quality is high, writing is good, highly recommend checking this game out.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Deleted member 6510130

First off I want to say that I don't play many male protagonist games being a woman, but after checking this one out after hearing some hype, I was really pleasantly surprised.

Yes, it's the usual guy with various hotties lusting after him like his curvy co-worker and students etc. type scenario. What makes it stand out though is the story. I got really invested in it.

Without spoiling too much, we have the ex-wife who acts like she hates him, fun and tense fast and the furious type races where your choices affect how it will end. Add a story arc that has s tragic situation and you actually begin to feel bad for the main character. I even wanted to get him reconciled with his ex-wife as you discover she had a rough time off it and the MC caused much of that. Moulding him into a better person is pretty rewarding.

The visuals are really good too, same with audio. This definitely is among the top VN's on here or certainly should be.

Updates have been slow but at least delivered in a good sized amount of content. If the dev can keep up this level of quality, then they definitely have a winner here. See what I did there? :sneaky:

Highly recommended.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

haunted237

Great game.

Love the models, characters, story, and music. Going to be a real hard choice later if I have to choose between all the girls in this. Excited to see where the racing part of the story goes too.

Only complaint is having to wait for the next chapter..... cause damn its good.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

CereBros

Didn´t know what to expect from this game, didn´t know much about it... Now I know I am really very much glad I got to know it.

TL ; DR: This game is amazing and is more than worth your time 5/5

Where to start...

It was year 2023... Just kidding. :D

Few days ago I thought I´d give this piece a try as I saw it being praised on reddit. I could not believe others saying it is so good. Boy, oh boy now I believe it.

The story is amongst the most captivating and interesting I have seen. The sheer will to help someone you love, to do everyting for them, mixed with action-packed racing scene and attempt to make a breakthrough in science is very, very, and I mean very well combined and executed. This was such a great ride.
    The Dahlia is amid the top 3 LI´s in this game after those two below :).
    The sound of those cars and even information and glossary present about topic - cars and broad terms are very useful and show passion made into this game.

Current length is many hours long, despite being only Ep.2.
    The renders are phenomenal, on point and beautiful.
    One of the main themes, being cars, are done on par with minigame flawlessly. It was so thrilling to play them and very exciting also.

About the girls... I really love Jasmine in this, and I see I am not the only one. And probably you will too understand it. Her scenes are so endearing, wholesome and funny, as well as encouraging, cooperative and complementary. She is just so freaking cute :D.

My second most favourite is Maggie... No spoilers here. And love Angel also :D.

The music is also good and very exciting and enjoyable at times, like minigames and so.

Anyway... Just try this, this is a must play here . It´s funny, wholesome, action-packed, cute, interesting and gripping all at once and much more. :D
  10. 5.00 star(s)

DougDimmadope

PROS
    - Visuals are great. Renders and animations are as good as the top AVN games on F95.
    - Great character development, the writer is successful is making you care about the characters. Particularly Allison, who is initially presented as an antagonist but the writing really makes you care for her and her struggles. Thats if you pick the good choices with her, if you pick the bad choices, you can still get a hatefuck scene! I like that you can still get rewarded even though you're going through a nontraditional path. Which brings me to my next favorite thing about this game...
    - FINALLY a game with ACTUAL ROUTES and your decisions matters! So many games these days are just a single-route boring, linear, kinetic harem game where the dev has kinda decided everything for you. But your choices matter here. This alone has won me over and will subscribe to dev.
    - Generous amount of NSFW scenes and it doesn't feel like he is just adding them for fanservice. The sex scenes make sense and they dont feel rushed or lacking any buildup.

CONS
    - I actually like the minigame. Its reminds me of playing drag races on NFS Underground 2. The only issue is that they are mandatory. So if you are doing multiple playthroughs to see all the scenes, you must do all the minigames all over again which can be kinda tedious and frustrating (it depends on reaction speed). Wish he would do what most other games with minigames do, and just offer a way to turn them off.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Callmeyogi

Top Tier game, highly recommended. Great pacing, incredible visuals, compelling story, good sound effects, etc. The only negative that I can think of is that I'm going to have to wait for the next update. Don't sleep on this one folks!
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Sir_Jizzalot

Race of Life has the potential to entrench itself in the top echelon of AVNs.

The renders are great, the story is interesting, and even though at this time only 2 episodes have been released, there's a fair few hours of content to sink your teeth into.

Keep up the phenomenal work UndergroundStudio.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

mbs123a

quite a hidden gem. really nice renders-animations and from start to finish. and the story so far so far is great and the mini game is quite fun and adictive and you have to spend more then 5 braincells to do it.

love that the dev put time into the game from start and alredy pratice making renders-animations unlike alot of others who go into this with 0% skills and you can see from ep 1 to like 4 that they gain skills and may have to reboot old eps. this race of life feels great from start to finish ( the current ep its at ) animations looks clean no clunky stuff or slow frames. renders are beatyfull and amazing. loving the game so far and cant wait for future updates. will 100% buy on steam when release ep 3 and the act 1 of all eps out :D

<3 keep doing what you doing UndergroundStudio
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Yarrokan

First episode was pretty good and made me want to see more and as of second episode this is my favorite game on this site. Excellent renders, very enjoyable story that I didn't feel like skipping any part of it. I hope devs get enough support to keep them motivated. I can't wait for more.
  15. 4.00 star(s)

Manoman13

Great games, well-written story, the renderings are beautiful, the sex scenes are exciting, the racing animations are incredible, the mini gear shifting games are thought to work superbly well, this game must have a bright future ahead of it, I would definitely increase my rating over time.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

StingerWolf

Some things first: I am not a fan of cars. I don't really like redheads. Married women with children gross me out. Why writing this? Because in this game all these simply do not apply.
    The driving mini games are masterfully done combining QTE and choice based gameplay in a very meaningful way.
    The ex-wife is a one of a kind perfect woman in every aspect. She has the second best looks, she is smart and one can really sympathize with her situation. One hell of a woman, really not found in other games.
    The title girl, the readhead is "built to sin" , yet she is really smart, feisty and has a very attractive cheerful and honest personality.
    All other LI s are all well done both in renders and personality, just they somehow seem to be more stereotypes, more generic or simply annoyingly clingy(yes V. I am talking about you)
    Worth mentioning is the more than hillarious dialogues betwen the MC and his best friend. They could have a stand up comedy of their own. So yeah, the writing is really top notch. The tech talk part is on anothe rlevel, unfortunately I cannot appreciate it, due to not being a real car fan. Still I can tell by obejctively looking at it, that it is really well done in the smallest detail. (you know, like one can objectively tell of a woman that she is beautiful, eventhough she is not one's type)
    Updates are huge, this game has with two updates more content than many after ten don't have. And I mean real content, not just continuous blue balling, still the scenes are not overdone gangbangs like in some copy paste rpgm games. This game really sets a new standard for many games to come and even already established best rated ones could learn a thing or two from it. I really hope the dev keeps up the great work and this project will get a worthy finish.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Acsuka

The first and most important thing I can say about this game is that I recommend it to everyone! I was very happy when I found it and it immediately became one of my favorites. You could already tell during the first playthrough that I have to make a separate path for each girl here, because they are all unique and fantastic in their own right. Beautiful girls, an intelligent MC who wants to fix his old mistakes, and most importantly, he adores his daughter for whom he would do anything. MC's buddy and his wife are also very good characters. A good and exciting story. The visuals are fantastic, the animated scenes are stunning. An interesting mini-game that makes the game more exciting. This game definitely deserves the highest score, I'm looking forward to the sequel.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Krytax123

Just wow. This is a real gem and a contender for the best AVN ever made imo.

The story is good, interresting and unique so far. The MC is about 30 and isnt the most perfect being which has ever lived or a small creepy wimp.

He's a somewhat normal guy who made bad decisions in the past, behaved sometimes like an asshole or being egoistic (like all of us really) but is a fun guy and has huge potential (smarts, charisma & driving skills).

The girls are all amazing and gorgeous. Allison could maybe become my Top1 LI of all AVN's in the future, she feels really realistic and is gorgeous but as mentioned before you cant go wrong with any of them.

The animations look great (lews and driving scenes).
  19. 4.00 star(s)

drconfused

I thoroughly enjoyed this game. The combination of deep feels to humor is written very well. Definitely one of the VN's I look forward to further releases. I would put this within the top 10 VN's I have ever played.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

aassaass

Currently among the top 5 games on this site, awesome lighting, renders, characters are not shallow, there are plenty of things to do in 1 update
    Well worth the wait, plus the racing scenes are new for this type of game
    No cons so far