VN - Ren'Py - Race of Life [Ep. 3.1 Extra Fix v3] [Underground Studio]

1. 5.00 star(s)

steama90

Just played the first episode. Looks incredibly promising. Very good renders and animations but, more than anything, the story looks really intriguing, with nice plot and charachters. Look forward for next updates.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Iamthegoldengod

Very promising and original plot. Renders are good too. Hoping for more cars and action scenes as the story unfolds but the first chapter alone has left me very pleased. I'm rooting for the dev because the story seems to have me hooked along with likeable characters. Best wishes ❤
  3. 5.00 star(s)

WhamBamKam

Very promising game with heaps of potential. Chapter 1 was longer than I thought it would be so that was a bonus. I think Chapter 1 was a perfect intro. It establishes the tone of the story, there's a clear cut objective and main story arc, and there is a good amount of set up for future chapters.

While I have nothing against visual novels with a college student main character it was refreshing to see a grown up and capable MC who's already in a relationship.(You can choose how the relationship will go).

Speaking of visuals, I'm not a car guy at all but I thought the racing scenes were rendered very well and pretty hype. The girls are pretty as well.
    The dynamic between you & your ex is nuanced. 'Love at first sight' characters exist just like in any other visual novel but the more complicated relationships more than make up for it.
    I'm not the biggest fan of the often overly snarky dialogue especially between the main character and his friend, but it is what it is. Also minor, minor nitpick but the kid looks kind of uncanny.

Interested to see how all the girls tie into the story as well and I'm excited for chapter 2!!! Deserves front page honestly.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

..........t

This game has great renders, a good story, mini-games which a lot VN games don't have and most importantly humor(I realised those games do well critically).

There is not a lot of racing VN games so good job on the devs to see that and gain the advantage. When people first see this game they think of fast and furious.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

bitofaperv

This is a metric tonne of content for a single episode.

The game is very good. The humour is mostly verbal and revolves around sarcasm and wit. This means it hits well for me, if you're into goofy humour it might not have the same effect.

The language use is great. I rarely felt that the developer(s) just shit out a bunch of words. Word choice feels curated and doesn't waste my time with bullshit or grammar so bad it can't be followed.

Dialogue is mostly very good, succinct and meaningful. The exception to this is that there is a scene with a lot of "information" being bombarded at you, and I have to admit, it bored the shit out of me. I would have appreciated a little bit more restraint. Most readers are not going to find the science interesting enough, it would be better to be more economical, to give a good flavour, rather than trying to convince a scientific reader that you know what you're talking about.

It's the first episode, so this isn't a huge deal, but the girls do not feel like they have a whole lot of dimension right now. They all look great (even if the psycho student isn't to my taste) but Maggie is really the only one that has me curious to know more.

The plot is very good. There are a few turning points within the episode that are very emotional, surprising, and spin the story in a new, interesting dimension. This is going to sound a bit pretentious, but it all makes me feel like the developers understand humanity and what we respond to, and that is one of the best qualities you can have when producing fiction of any kind.

Overall, this is a top tier game, and everyone should try it.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

memegamerfun

This is a really solid game. I couldn't believe how long episode 1 went for. The guy is a bit of a shmuck, but the love interests seem nice and varied. Some of the conversations were a bit unrealistic, but no worse than most AVNs.

It had some great scenes too, although the dude really needs to learn to go down on chicks. Can't just be jumping from BJ to sex and expect chicks to stick around.

Hopefully they can get a decent release rate going for updates, because overall it was really entertaining.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1417641

Review is for episode 1
    This game is off to an amazing start. It could be the next big thing if they keep up the good work. The story is absorbing. The characters are compelling. The sexy scenes are incredibly hot. The renders and animations are top notch. There's not a lot yet but there is enough to give it a shot. I can't wait for future updates!
  8. 5.00 star(s)

_Rogue__Ghost_

Great game, certainely not like many others out ther. If you like cars and AVNs I can't recommend this enough. Can't wait for future updates. This has very high potential to be a top AVN in my opinion
  9. 4.00 star(s)

meridian1

A very good first release with a lot of potential. I like the story of eventually becoming a racer, which i'm surprised hasn't really been done before, that i can recall. But you're also a scientist/teacher, which is interesting. There's actually a good amount of content for this first release. The models are hot, and your girlfriend is VERY hot. The MC is good, though flawed and with a flawed past of cheating. I hope we can continue to follow the path of becoming a better person, and i wish we have more options to be more loving to the girlfriend character. The sexual situations are very hot, and there's a lot of potential for this story in the future.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Steve23x

Excellent first release!

Fairly novel story, very good images and animations. Hot models, and plenty of them.

This is one of the better first releases I've ever played, it has a lot of content to this point as well for a first release. I only give four stars for now, because we'll see if the second release lives up to the quality of the first.

This is one to check out.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

crazymoskito

Excellent story and animation quality, needs to be higher voted in all honesty, definitely worth checking out and supporting the next update.

Needs more scenes with the other characters as well, hopefully in the next patch
  12. 4.00 star(s)

Paradigms

General Review EP1:
    Race Of Life seems to be an original story in terms of its narration with a lot of potential for a first episode, we can clearly feel the desire to do well from the game developer, we feel that he thought the game and took the time to polish it, the dialogues are interesting, models that we don't see every day with beautiful animated scenes during the fap session despite some visible loops in the animation of some scenes and music certainly generic, but that we don't hear a thousand times, it's frankly a game to try with your eyes closed it will not be a masterpiece at the moment, but you will really have a good time

Audience
    Story Player
    Visual novel stan
    I'm here for beautiful pixel ️
    Freeroam lover ️
    Romance player
    Fapper
    Renders/Cinematic
    Bad 144p
    Alright 480p ️
    Good 1080p ️
    Beautiful 4k
    Fantastic 8k ️
    Music/SFX
    Bad/No Audio
    Alright/generic
    Good
    Beautiful
    Immersive good work Hans Zimmer
    Story/World
    No story
    Bad just for fap
    Alright
    Good
    Fantastic universe
    Gameplay
    No gameplay
    Sleepy
    Boring
    Fun
    § Character Cast §
    Head to the trash can ️
    No surprises ‍
    Some good ppl
    Really Lovely ❤‍
    They are all well written
    ۞ Game time / Length ۞
    Really short (0 - 3 hours)
    Short (4 - 8 hours)
    Few hours (10 - 20 hours) [if you focus on the main story] ️
    Long (21-40 hours) [if you complete everything]
    Very Long (41-100 hours) ‍
    Extremely Long (101+ hours)
    Replayability
    No
    A bit
    A pleasure to try different playthrough ♾️
    ⭐⭐{ ? / 5 }⭐⭐
    Last Words:
    I really like the diversity in the cast of characters and especially the fact of having added rarely exploited relationships like the fact of having to take care of a little girl and having a dog! Generally very difficult to properly modelling, it pleasantly surprised me, I would like to see that more often to add realism in the universes the relationships look nice and not manichean somewhat cliché at times, but that does not mean anything for a first episode that could be called "Prologue".
    Anyway, I wish good luck to the developer who seems to do a very good job, the project looks interesting, I really look forward to follow the future updates.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Hellowist

Simply put, amazing. Incredible storytelling, renders, dialogue, scenes, everything, and best of all? The mechanics dialogue is on point. The only thing I wished was better was if the MC had an actual classic muscle car like a mustang or a firebird instead of something that just looks like a beefed up AMC gremlin.

Overall, one of the best storytelling I've ever seen in an AVN.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Akuserareta666

First review, finished the first chapter in the same day it came out and loved it.
    Story: The great point of this game, the story had me eating popcorn instead of wanting sex, thats a rare when 95% of the games in here are just some "Click next to have sex" or a grind fest. I really care for the characters and want to know whats going to happen next.
    Renders: Nice, nothing impresive but nice and hot female leads.
    Gameplay: most like a VN but more choices and an affection system, its nice to mix some kind of gameplay rewards in a VN i love it.
    Keep the good work, if your release it on steam i'll be buying it
  15. 5.00 star(s)

PunkHooligan

Ep.1
    Very good story, interesting characters. Love the writing.

Good music.

Lovely ladies. Good scenes, except the last one. Too short and nothing interesting.

I'll keep an eye on this. Great potential. Please, release your game on Steam.

GL in development. Cheers.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Hard20

We have right here probably the most promising game in the few 6-8 months.

The renders and visuals look crazy, really top tier, as well as the scenes. Damn they look great. The characters feel good, real (extremely sexy, but real), as well as the plot and the situations. Every university game feels like a bunch of teenagers dying for an easy fuck (well, sometimes life is like that too, but not usually), but this one here gives us a more real scenario.

And then, the plot and the writing are really solid, something that lacks in this type of games.

Congrats to the dev, with patience and good work this can end in one of the best games on this site, no doubt.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

xenovon

High quality VN. Story is well written and i would say the developer did a good amount of research about certain topics. All named female characters are beautiful and have strong unique personality, hopefully each one of them will have a decent story. I strongly recommend this game.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

cumsumnida

Story setup is refreshingly different. The MC is older and isn't some college dude. He's divorced and even has a kid and ex he has to deal with.

Of course, he's still a conveniently hot capable dude that that all the women want to fuck, and the story still sort of takes place at college sometimes since the MC is a professor. Which of course means he's going to fuck some students.

As an AVN, it does the main things well - renders, animations are good from the get go.

The writing is funny and is working so far.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Hedylogos

This is a damn good start to a AVN. Has good adult scenes, much much better story than most, actual drama, and the graphics and animation are all on point.

If you are looking for a game with x fap moments per scene, go somewhere else. If you are looking for quality entertainment, good story, and those sexy moments, then this is a great game for you.

I personally love the pace and the setup in EP1. Will be keeping an eye on this one for sure.
  20. 3.00 star(s)

Zenim

Really good game with amazing promise. Good renders and good spelling..
    I would give this game 5/5 straight up. Because its not perfect but it has plenty of potential. But then i came to the hospital scene. No spoilers, but that is the most unrealistic shit ever. No fucking doctor would ever talk like that because he has done it a million times. And no fucking person even as a bystander would not beat the shit out of him for what he said.

This is for the Dev. ABSOLUTELY DOGSHIT writing on the hospital scene. wtf is wrong with you? You think that doctors are THAT cold? blaming the parents for an accident? Its still early in the games development. You should consider rewriting this bit!! No doubt it will put people of.
    Also, i love this renders, but i cant help to miss ALOT more facial expressions. They dont have to be over the top, but when there is normal conversing in the VN, its mainly just open or closed mouth. I feel like you could improve the immersion a lot with very little effort in that regard.