SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
It kinda feels like a waste of time to write this because it seems like criticism doesn't go down well here, but I will post this anyway because I do like to try and help people out when I see something constructive to say.

Alorth Dammed seriously, learn to communicate with your audience. At least your paying ones. You've both been on this forum in the last 24 hours, to do damage control on the Polarity bugfix that was listed as an update, and to defend yourself/troll people in this thread about the non-existent update. Yet you haven't actually addressed the elephant in the room and said anything about the update which you promised a month ago would be here by now.

Read what TessSadist said a couple of pages back, they are a fellow dev so maybe their words will resonate more. Just talk to your fans, be upfront and honest with them, even if you think it's not going to go down well I can assure you that you'll be pleasantly surprised, and it will definitely go down better than the current state of things. Look at Braindrop, he had to take months and months away from WVM to sort himself out, and for the most part his fans completely supported him in doing so.

It can't be good for either of you to have to deal with the added expectations and negativity that's being fostered from how things are right now. Make a positive change on your side and you'll reap the benefits going forward.

Best of luck (y)
Thanks for being constructive: however we're literally active on Discord communicating with fans and patrons 7-days per week and post on Patreon (with both exclusive-type content and small progress updates) at least thrice a month. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think perhaps it'd be wise to stop reading so much into the F95 hysterics. People are habitually negative here towards nearly every popular game in every comment section. It's nothing new and it's not a priority for us to entertain it, either. In fact, the underlying negativity is exactly why we no longer "entertain" comments here, and why I personally refuse to communicate on F95Zone like I used to (that said: as I mentioned on the Polarity thread, my DMs are always open to the game's fans).

That's not to say your "criticism" has fallen on deaf ears: one of the reasons I post more often on the Radiant Patreon in the first place is constructive criticism regarding this. However; while managing 6 different creator pages for two different games, expecting things like bi-weekly posts on each is a bit unreasonable. And again: nobody is going to tie y'all to a chair if you don't want to support us or if our update schedule/"lack of communication" upsets you. If the vast majority of our patrons or the game's fans were as unhappy as you seem to think, they probably wouldn't be patrons or fans.

Also, a reminder: this thread is supposed to be about the game, not the developers. Warnings have been given numerous times and people just can't seem to help themselves/keep leaning into off-topic discussion... so when one of the mods goes on a banning spree, don't say I didn't warn y'all. And the thing is it's not going to get you guys anywhere, either. It's a bit like beating a dead horse at this point; and if anything it's just grown a little absurd & disturbing.

Anyway: to answer any past, present, or future inquiries as to when the update will be here: the answer is when it's ready.

Last edited:

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
Since the subject was brought up, and I don't want to give off the wrong impression... I'll say one final thing:

I respect, appreciate, and care about non-patrons just as much as patrons (I also admire your good tastes in games ;)). Considering I've been dirt poor for pretty much my entire life, I have 0 against those who don't/can't support the game... and as you can see (donor tag, the last 2 years of my participation here, etc) I'm an avid supporter of F95Zone, the staff, and the community. Always have been, always will be... and when other communities call everyone here "toxic," I'm the first to disagree and defend you guys. The hysterical mob mentality here in the thread isn't a representation of the whole: the noisy/unruly ones are typically in the minority.

There's also been plenty of constructive, mostly positive, and helpful feedback.... so big shout out to you guys for being cordial and understanding.

It doesn't matter if you're a patron or a pirate: I'll say the same exact thing: if you feel we don't communicate properly, or you don't agree with our practices, consider joining us on our Discord where we communicate daily and go ahead and nab the game for free. I genuinely hope you enjoy yourselves playing it. None of you are obligated to support/patron us, and those of you who do should only do so if you feel we deserve/have earned it, and you should only pledge the exact dollar amount you feel our games are worth. However... I won't entertain hysterics, and I will continue to prioritize quality over rushing the process of development, regardless of those who've hijacked the thread to complain or who's to blame.

Last edited:

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
i personally don't mind a long wait for an update but my main problem is when multiple release dates get said but not met. For me personally I would rather a when it's ready then missed release dates.
Understandable. That's my fault tbh, as I have a terrible habit of being overly optimistic. I do feel bad when something like that happens, and I apologize/take responsibility. That said, as you can probably tell by my recent replies here, I've sort of given up on trying to give predictions or estimates and will just stick to regular reports as to our current progress.

thenewone1

Feb 20, 2018
I gotta say I'm a big fan of the game and It's only been one update which almost never happens. Everyone who is complaining about the wait is clearly not a GOT fan lol. I like to be evil in these types of games (My characters name is Lucifer) because I'm not so evil in real life. I just wanted to ask if the evil route is being evil to the girls and them becoming really submissive or if it was corrupting them so they are evil too. If it is one or the other then I would prefer the former but I think it would be really cool if each girl reacted differently to the abuse. Like if blond (can't remember their real names) became super submissive but the Brunette starting being really aggressive to you and others as a result of similar abuse. I think that would be cool since you have three girls and it would be a waste to see them all become the same. It's just an idea, I'm not a patreon just as a general rule I don't donate after one update but keep up the good work and after a few updates I could definitely see myself donating. Also don't rush too much into them becoming sexual with the MC give us a nice tease and slow build up. Maybe some voyeur and sleep content??? But that's just me.

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
I gotta say I'm a big fan of the game and It's only been one update which almost never happens. Everyone who is complaining about the wait is clearly not a GOT fan lol. I like to be evil in these types of games (My characters name is Lucifer) because I'm not so evil in real life. I just wanted to ask if the evil route is being evil to the girls and them becoming really submissive or if it was corrupting them so they are evil too. If it is one or the other then I would prefer the former but I think it would be really cool if each girl reacted differently to the abuse. Like if blond (can't remember their real names) became super submissive but the Brunette starting being really aggressive to you and others as a result of similar abuse. I think that would be cool since you have three girls and it would be a waste to see them all become the same. It's just an idea, I'm not a patreon just as a general rule I don't donate after one update but keep up the good work and after a few updates I could definitely see myself donating. Also don't rush too much into them becoming sexual with the MC give us a nice tease and slow build up. Maybe some voyeur and sleep content??? But that's just me.
Funny enough I was just explaining this to Alorth the other day, and discussing how, while it won't be for everyone, it allows me to explore some very interesting avenues that are typically avoided in games... which will make for some wild/shocking second PTs for those who don't typically have the stomach for it and those who go the other way in their main saves.

I try to keep spoilers pretty close to my chest... so while I can't exactly give you a specific answer, I will say that the "Dark" path is called that for a reason. The MC is more likely to give into his repressed sexual urges, is more depraved, and begins to lean more towards his "sadistic" and dominant/controlling side. This also affects him psychologically and isn't exclusively sexual: he will grow more pessimistic, rash, and prone to outbursts/anger. The further down the Dark path you go the worse it will be, so if you're looking for balance you may want to mix this with lust/love. And yeah... it definitely varies somewhat from girl to girl. Some are more submissive, some are more combative/resistant, etc. I still have to keep it canon and make sure it's mostly believable/realistic in the context of the main plot, but I'm definitely having some fun with it, and if you're into that sort of thing so will you.

Last edited:

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Will it be a fun harem game? Will it be be a more serious romance game? Will it be just another MC is a pervert game? Will it be something else?
As far as I know, these are all valid routes planned to be in the game. Also Domination.
The choices the player makes influences the routes. This can be inferred from having played what we have so far.

Reactions: Silihdar34 (RF)

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Is this gaming is taking so much time to get a update? this is going to be completed verison?
No, the next update is going be about the same length as the prologue, maybe a bit longer.

The reason for the delay is due to personal problems. It's supposed to be out before the end of the month, or early next month if things don't go as planned.

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
No, the next update is going be about the same length as the prologue, maybe a bit longer.

The reason for the delay is due to personal problems. It's supposed to be out before the end of the month, or early next month if things don't go as planned.
We did say that it would be about the same early on, but decided to make it a bit longer actually. Similar to with Polarity, the first chapter will likely be the shortest, and each chapter thereafter will either be just as long, or longer than the previous.

That said we will update the changelog with the specifics very shortly here.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

thenono

Oct 16, 2017
refreshing to see both Dev's come here and be as honest as they can be, should quell the locals for the time being. Cheers for taking the time out to do so.

Only suggestion and one you've already commented on, don't bother with estimates going forward, just say when its ready. That way no one has anything to beat you over the head with.

And as for the comparisons against certain other devs, think some people need a bit of a reality check.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
People will complain regardless. It's still a good choice to not give definite (or even approximate, unless very loosely approximate, and even then people will hold you to them as though you'd said definite) dates.

I work professionally in software development. I know that dates slip, regularly. Software development is not predictable. I've learned to give estimates that sit part way between optimism and pessimism with a buffer built in for uncertainty. Can't call it realism because that denies the fundamental premise that any date can be missed due to unexpected factors.

Another lesson I've learned is that if you're communicating dates to anyone who fails to understand this fundamental fact they will naively hold you to the date and claim it's your fault even if you give them a multi-page detailed document proving beyond a shadow of a doubt it was out of your control. Luckily I've usually worked for people who understand this. But all too many software consumers do not.

To try for some on topic content in this lest it be deleted as OT: I think you have the beginning of a really fun VN here. The girls are super cute. I am patiently (while keeping myself busy with other games) awaiting more.

Last edited:

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
We did say that it would be about the same early on, but decided to make it a bit longer actually. Similar to with Polarity, the first chapter will likely be the shortest, and each chapter thereafter will either be just as long, or longer than the previous.

That said we will update the changelog with the specifics very shortly here.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Ah, cool. Consider me excited.

Reactions: Silihdar34 (RF)

cjdm

May 23, 2020
The game udpate we are trying to get it out before the month ends. I'm struggling on it.
If it fails, it might come out start of the month.
Interesting wording, preparing us for not meeting a deadline, again. So, I'm guessing we'll get an update in November about the update for December, on how the update for January is delayed for February. Someone mentioned this before, it's like a carrot-on-a-stick. I've put about $100 into the production of this game before I pulled my funding and I, like many others, regardless of support of not, want something that has been promised month after month and delay after delay. Just promise me you won't turn into EA with micro-transactions for each new slide...

"Do you want to peek on Maddie?"

Yes.

"Okay that will be $4.99; Please enter your credit card information in the fields below."

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
Interesting wording, preparing us for not meeting a deadline, again. So, I'm guessing we'll get an update in November about the update for December, on how the update for January is delayed for February. Someone mentioned this before, it's like a carrot-on-a-stick. I've put about $100 into the production of this game before I pulled my funding and I, like many others, regardless of support of not, want something that has been promised month after month and delay after delay. Just promise me you won't turn into EA with micro-transactions for each new slide...

"Do you want to peek on Maddie?"

Yes.

"Okay that will be $4.99; Please enter your credit card information in the fields below."
Saying that our past estimations were "promises" is pretty disingenuous though considering we went out of our way to make sure everyone knew they were approximations and nothing was guaranteed.

"Hey Allison. It looks like I'll be able to make it by 5, but I can't make any promises. I still have a lot of work left."

Okay!

*Arriving at 8pm*

What?! You promised!

Also, just an fyi, what Alorth is talking about here isn't so much some rough approximation as it is a difference of maybe 1-2 days.

sourdohbread

Mar 14, 2020
I mean, it takes me all of 5 minutes catching up on the forum to see if there have been any updates to my watched games. Know what I do with the remaining time in my day? Anything else. I'm excited for the update too, but there's also a whole internet I can tear up in the mean time. If you're (generalized) a patron and are dissatisfied with the results, mayhaps reconcile your willingness to continue supporting. Otherwise whining and idly threatening to stop paying is meaningless. Support or don't, but quit wasting your and our time with your tantrums.

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes